Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
Guys. Chill the shit out with the HxH comparisons. Yes, we know. Hyper-evolving ant arc. HxH did it first in anime/manga. Thank you, we've all seen it years and years ago. Y'all have been doing this every new chapter, we get it.

Dex-chan lover
@seitann Hopefully not Hunter Cha. But this is manhwa, not manga, so anyone could die. Though naturally the Japanese had to die first.

@Moth is that spiderman quote? I call it bs. And about your minister analogy, its his job so its simply his responsibilty not related with power he has. Also mc has the every right to refuse since its an offering at the first place

Dex-chan lover
@Oz_otR
Why would they cut it or go with a completely different plot? They have almost all of the entire story here already. Only very brief or repetative moments are slightly condensed. Plus it is a key plot point for later things.

Dex-chan lover
The whole trope about the hero coming in at the very last minute to save the day. Over-doned with, but still very effective. In the first place, MC had every confidence that the S-rank party would win which is why he'd rather spend time with his mom than join them. Just that he probably, most likely, he didn't expect their casualties to be so severe.

@DrDuckling @mikoreimu yes, but greater power comes with greater responsibility. He could've join the team or come earlier. As a hunter, he has a responsibility, but he chose her mother, which imo can wait for a while. That is human-like of course, but it is not a decision I would applaud of. That is why not everyone can make a sacrifice and be professional.

An example, a minister in my country had lost her parent, but she couldnt even come to the funeral because at that time the country was under a threat and emergency of economic crisis. She had to prioritize the fate of the whole country and she gave up looking at her parent face for the last time. She could only pray for her parent from the office, cried, and then she continued leading the meeting to decide an economic policy that would save the country. That's what I call a hero with professionalism and dedication.
@Moth You better stop right there. Greater power comes with greater responsibility? Fuck that bullshit. That naive hero thought train only push you to early death. MC is not a fucking hero, he's antihero at best. He doesn't strike for helping people or greater good, it's all about family with him. And he has shit all responsibility as hunter. Hunter is simply beast killer, they kill beast and get compensate once complete the task. The organisation compensate shit all for hunters who die in raid, so they has fuck all right to force hunters to go to dangerous raid for them.
As for you "ministry", she get the position with power in her hand and a lot of benefit along with it, she get compensated beforehand so that's her responsibility. Hunter get nothing paid beforehand so they act accordingly. Your example doesn't mean shit.

@werewolf914 That is why I said, not everyone can sacrifice for others. Most people are selfish, including the MC, me, you, and most people. I will choose people close to me too. If it is easy than there will be a lot of hero in the world. But we only notice few people because it is not an easy decision to make. That is why it is not a wrong decision, but it is not something that I would applaud of. And no matter how many times you say, a hunter is his job. He receive money from fighting monsters. He is aware that he has to bet with his life as a hunter. The hunters in the world settings are not volunteers.

Btw, I didn't say/call anyone rude. So I will appreciate if you also control your mouth and tone down your rudeness a bit. Stop saying vulgar things and insulting people.

Dex-chan lover
"With great power comes great responsibility" is a lie the weak tell the strong in order to try to get the strong to not prey on them, for fear the strong will realize they are above the weak and can take whatever they want, whenever they want. If the saying was a natural truth, then the lion would be protecting the deer, not eating them for lunch whenever they can.

Power and responsibility have no sort of causal or associative relationship, and to say otherwise is the brainwashing of society. People should decide for themselves what is important, rather than falling into the trap of the popular lie.

@HaikenEdge what you think is what come true if all people think like you then its true and if all of people think "With great power comes great responsibility" then the world sure will be a better place

Aggregator gang
@HaikenEdge damn this is deep 10/10 would throw you in front of a judge without telling him he has the "responsibility to be just and not abuse his power to put you in jail for no reason"

Dex-chan lover
after checking the spoiIer tags

Iooks Iike jinhoo wiII get Iots of eIites shadow IoI

Protecting a deer is not a lion's responsibility. Lion's responsibility is safeguarding its pack, by preying on the deers.

Greater power comes with greater responsibility is just common sense (in my collectivistic culture). With our discussion, I think we are agree to disagree and I can see why it might be so. Individualistic culture tends to be more egocentric than collectivistic culture, which prioritize collective goals instead of individual goals. It doesn't mean that lower power has no responsibility, but the one with greater power has more responsibilities than the lower one. A CEO vs. a manager vs an employee. The higher positions has more jobs, higher responsibilities, hence higher salaries. This quote is meant so that the higher ups and people with higher authority do not abuse their power.

Dex-chan lover
@Moth
1) Being a hunter does not grant you the "responsibility" to always have do anything.
As a matter of fact, it is almost entirely opposite if you are strong enough. There are a few S rankers who are at the same level of a country in terms of power. They literally cant be told to do anything by anyone else, and the world is in aggreement about this. At most they can recieve a suggestion or a request, but never an order.

2) His mom just woke up, something no one besides the MC expected (and even he was not 100% sure) would ever happen for the rest of her life, after 4 years of being in a death coma. He isnt a government official, not even a public servant. He is a Hunter, and he wants to keep that to himself for the time being since his mother would become extremely worried about him. Something he does not want to happen, especially when she just was discharged from the hospital after 4 years of missed human development.

3) That spiderman quote is a nice ideal, but it has almost an impossible chance of being followed as throughly as you seem to think it should be. MC is already doing a lot of things. One of which is actively patrolling his neighborhood stopping criminals from attacking people. He is monitoring a lot of people too who he is either concerned for or suspicious of.

But according to you, that isnt enough. He should be doing it all simply because he has been given immense power. Well ain't that a nice thought. Tell me, what gives you the right to demand this from those with power who have NOT shown nor acknowledged a commitment to doing so? He has yet to say that he is going to become society's errand-boy. Nor does he have a bat signal. He does not want to be a Hero. He just wants to help out where he feels he is needed the most based on his personal priorities.

Part of your minister's job requirement likely is 100% availability in times of crisis. They signed up for it. Knew it was a demand, and were ok with it. It is a tragic event to have to miss your parents funeral, but they knew going in that it was always a possibility.

This issue is different, he was even allowed to miss this with confirmation by the Hunters Association. If for no other reason than if in the worst case sinario, where everyone was KIA, S. Kroea would still have an S ranked hunter to deal with domestic issues.

Users who are viewing this thread