Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 132

Fed-Kun's army
@sjmcc13

Anyway not going to change a nations bias in the comments section lol. My issue is being cool with the death of innocents like children just ‘because’.

I’m not going to argue, I personally (me) believe you can’t blame the young for the mistakes of the old. If you feel different then fine

@Add1152000 While I do agree with you that current generations should not be blamed for the mistakes their ancestors made, however you can't really blame China and South Korea to have a negative opinion of Japan regarding the war when they never received any apology. Civilians are obviously not to be blamed, but the government can be as they represent the country and control it. Of course if there's animosity between countries it's going to end up affecting people's mentality and views of others.

The major difference between Germany and Japan is that Germany doesn't hide from their involvement or their wrongdoings. There are several monuments all over the country and they don't paint them as "we're not that guilty", they show everything even if it's horrible. Japan hasn't apologized to China for the Nanjing massacre and their history books hide a lot of details about the evil deeds during the war.

Tbh i haven't really noticed before this but has the person who drew this always been so lazy with the clothing?

Why do I feel like I’ve seen this scene somewhere else before? Where Jin-Ho’s dad asked SJW for the cure, and he declined? Was it from an earlier chapter? Or a different manga altogether

@GodLynx
Unless you've seen the raws somewhere, I'd say this is the first time this happened...or maybe you've read a passage from the novel?

@izzuky dude chill the poor girl is suffering from a trauma. She probably feels safe when he's around so she doesn't want him leave. Or maybe she's just scared she'd loose him.

I agree with the point that Japan never apologized to korea or China but isn't it still silly to stigmatize an entire population of a country in one's own art creation (manhwa here) ? That's exactly the type of shit like blond foreigner lame stereotypes in manga that I dislike personnaly. Don't get me wrong you're free to do whatever you want in your creation but the general consensus is that you have to be open minded and neutral about this stuff ? For me this arc is what keeps solo leveling from being a goat manga/manhwa in general

@Kayriel, well Korean is infamously
known of being racist towards other Asian and east Asian especially, though I don't meant to generalize.

So it's no wonder they just likes to make Japan suffer in manhwa, at least that's what I read that involves Japan. If they didn't crap on Japan, the possibility of Korean readers not satisfied or disappointed probably will rise.

Remember some Japanese x Korean fiasco from last year? It doesn't help Japanese Korean relationship, at least on citizen scale.

Well my country have also been colonized by Japan in the past.
Some soldier do "it" to the locals. But we forgives them, some don't. Now our country relationship with Japan is more favourable.
But we are strangely hostile with Chinese, probably because Chinese is "communist" and my country citizen said "Me no likey"

So, the sis rathers him not to go and save Japan where 100s are dying and instead stay with her where she feels safe. I get that she has trauma from living through the school incident but instead of digging herself into this hole of being useless she should let her brother go so they don't have to suffer the same trauma she has.

@Limimelo Lol China deserves no apology for anything, or at least isn't in a position to demand one, and certainly has no right to lecture ANYONE on hiding past crimes. Not unless they stop threatening anyone that even mentions tiananmen square. Or acknowledges the numerous human rights violations reported in recent years.

Yes Japan has some black points in it's history and the government's refusal to acknowledge some of them is disappointing. But that in no way justifies this kind of biased bigotry and excessive stigmatization of an entire country to the point that it's considered acceptable for the MC to choose to let an entire nation to massacured because his sister is scared. Like I get he's worried about her but how is her feelings alone more important that the entirety of Japan?

And if it was JUST his hesitating then it wouldn't be so bad. But we already saw the author's absolute contempt towards the Japanese with the Jeju Island arc where all of the Japanese hunters were depicted as selfish, arrogant, backstabbing assholes that tried to wipe out the Korean hunters in a fixed raid. Oh and OF COURSE only the Japanese hunters got slaughtered in that arc but the MC rushes to the rescue when the Korean hunters are backed into a corner with I think only the healer hunter being a note worthy death.

So he author already took shots at the Japanese a couple arcs ago! And then took more when the Japanese hunter Rep tried to negotiate the Jeju island incident and got shut down ... and now we're taking EVEN MORE SHOTS!?!

This is beyond just using another country as the villain of an arc. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the author leaped for joy when they saw news of the earthquake and Tsunami that devastated Japan. Author needs to get their act together and not letting their cultural biase influence their work so heavily. They can hate Japanese all they want but their readers don't need to know about it.

@Warilized I don't mean to be that guy but the koreans are the kings of hypocrites. Doesn't help that they have one of the most corrupt government in place currently having bribery scandals with corporates since way back when

@XxCrystalxX And if he dies? An S-rank hunter already got btfo'd. She's worried that she'll lose her brother just when she got her mother back. If I had the option of sacrificing my sister and her family (husband with 3 daughters) or a million strangers I'm going to sacrifice the million strangers every time. If I sacrifice my sister the strangers don't have to live with the burden of having lost people Ive deeply loved.

@Metazoxan 100% Agree. As soon as you become a fiction writer It's important to not be biased on stuff like this because you could lose an important part of your audience. Though the japenese manga artists with their foreigner cliches can be frustrating it's nowhere near as bad as this

Users who are viewing this thread