Solo Leveling

Didnt mean to compare or anything but i always read SL twice from Jaiminis and MD and always switch for every week which scanlation should i read first.

Jaiminis translated SL way more better than this, they use way more simple words for every dialogue.

I found that MD sometimes describe something in this series with "exaggerating" words. Well i know they just want to make it good, but sometimes it just too much.

I said this cause ch109 is that one of chapter that can make people hyped by the dialogue.

But hey, i still found both scanlation understandable and enjoyable, this is just my personal opinion tho.

Btw
i really want to see Thomas Andre and Sung Jin-Woo fight each other

reading this part of the novel was lethargic as fuck
now that we're at this point in the webtoon, i can't help but finally let out a hearty
"WHAT UP BITCH, I'M SUNG JIN-WOO"

This chapter is such a letdown. I mean... it's nice that someone knows already, but, we have since the start that 'that' was the case. No thrill or excitement at all in this chapter.

How does rating system work? Solo leveling is nice but it's not masterpiece level, yet it seems like an average user give 10 to something if he simply likes it? Feels like it makes 8 other (other than 10 and 1) ratings kinda useless.

solo leveling core story spoiler, maybe wrong on details here and there but this is the idea more or less

warning : contain huge spoiler. this is what makes the solo leveling good, what is actually happening in human world . jin-woo story is truly just a mere filler
-long ago god created 7 good guys and 7 bad guys to fight for eternity for lols
-the good guys slowly realize that this war is going nowhere, it is their destiny to become god amusement.
- 6 good:"fk that god, lets go kill him"
- 1 good:"yo brothers wtf, stop"
- poor guy defended god alone, both of them are killed, this guy is the most loyal and respectable among other 6 even considered to be their unofficial leader
- the guy returned from death. being the best good guy, god apparently give him an ability to lord over death without him knowing.
- he then joined the bad guys "yo its now 8vs6, this is the big brain plan. lets win this war"
- finally on the day of plan, the supposedly backup behind from 2 bad guys army fking betrayed him. he managed to win the fight behind while holding his front line with cannon fodder, but now hes exhausted. when finally his former good guy friends army reached him they didnt kill him but instead they say
- "bruh nothing personal on you, but that god was an asshole. youre our best friend can we go back like how it was before"
- he goes "man, leave me be. im done with this" vanished and never to be seen again
now its 6v6, one bad guy was killed and another was wounded in that betrayal, this guy is powerful indeed

back to neverending war, aaaaaaand at a time the arena is human world. there is the time the good guys actually manage to win, but entire human race is annihilated. good guys have this loot to turn back time from when they raided god, being good guys they used the item to not make human extinct. (the memories of good and bad guys stayed, including the ones that come back alive. human memories arent). this happens multiple times. human race was annihilated everytime

FINALLY THE GOOD GUYS MADE AN ARRANGEMENT TO SEND THIS GATES WITH MONSTERS, ALONG WITH SOME POWERS FOR HUMANS TO TRAIN SO SOME OF THEM CAN SURVIVE
but its not enough, good guys improving their methods to make human stronger each time the loop was done. while bad guys are improving their war strategy

- one day being bored in solitude, best guy return to scene he joined the bad guys side
- to manifest in human world, bad guys take over a human body (in chapter 109 jeju island) and consciousness while good guys simply give their power (national level hunters)
- best guy have trouble to manifest, no living beings can withstand the power of death, he asked his acquaitance Mr.D to design a system to slowly raise a human to be his vessel later
- the "game" system is done but Mr.D have yet to decide a suitable human candidate
- then our best guy found this weakling, heavily wounded everytime he went into the gate. everyday this kid is a liiitle bit too close to death
- looking at this pathetic puny human known as sung jin woo, made our best guy can relate to himself. thus he started the system on him, BAM SOLO LEVELING 100 CHAPTER, jin woo fight through 100 floor of demons from the army that best guy defeated back then
including demon king baran one of the bad guy that he killed. OP items that jin-woo found on dungeon mission and bought from "store" using "gold" are owned by best guy,

now for future chapters, this one is "safer spoiler"
sung jin woo meets with the best guy shadow monarch that this american lady saw. they have a talk, shadow monarch shares all his power (thats technically the limit) and said "dude to be honest im tired just take the title, fk all of this let me rest for good, bye". he got the full extent of all his abilities and ofc jin woo side with human/good guys and goes to war with bad guys that appeared on jeju island.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

This is seriously similar to "The Gamer", the difference is the MC from the gamer choose inteligence more. This also took some references from some shounen mangas and games dark soul rofl. Very enjoyable read, so far it's even more interesting & better than the overrated Kimetsu no Yaiba, BNHA and SAO, not sure it's a masterpiece yet tho.

Looking at God of high school, Tower of god and Noblesse finally having full length animation, this might be the next. Looking forward to it

Users who are viewing this thread