Solo Leveling

@ZombiesAreNotOkay oh how cute , you are supresily salty about this topic aren't you? i wonder why....

So let's get this clear , so according to you every group (even the foreign ones) are just garbage compare to Jaimini's box... really?

Hey why Upload CH 0? Why not looking another good webtoon at naver, kakao and translate it.

@ZombiesAreNotOkay, not to be rude but just feel like you made mangadex look really bad there...

in the end there’s no good or bad side, everyone has their reasons albeit some narcissism, large misunderstandings that the scanlators won’t acknowledge or even give clarification too, as well as photoshopped memes used as “evidence” apparently, no one wins nor gains anything, everyone simply loses a lot.... but honestly it’s mostly readers affected.

@Miros Do you even read, bruh? Or what, are you going to tell me most foreign groups don't use the english version as "raw" as usually says on their credit pages in a vast amount of series? as for the other point, are you going to say machine translations don't exist, or that groups don't get critized for speed and quality all the time?

Then again, do you even read, bruh?:
-Mangadex: We don't know when, but one day, and we hope, we are going to go legal. We'll hire some groups. As for the rest, we are going to give them the boot.
Groups realize they are being used and leave the site.
-Mangadex: hEy! wE WeRe tAlKiNG aBoUt tHe FuTuRe, dOnT EvEn KnOw iF We'Ll EvEr gO lEgAl oR nOt. YoU JuST wAnT dOnAtIoNs aNyWay!

https://mangadex.org/thread/92399

Why are you eve replying? Just go read the series wherever you see fit lol.

I get the feeling these groups are going to regret the decision to leave this site. Now what is going to happen is people are going to go places that give you zero credit, and you lose reader good will on top of it. So nice going, you have essentially shot yourselves in the foot.

Dex-chan lover
As much I appreciate all translator efforts - they sure love their drama made out of nothing.

@Eridian I assume the thought process is that they only care about the readers that pay them, and if you're paying them you'll likely follow them to their own website anyway, so who cares what the non-paying readers do.

Group Leader
Guys, Meraki dropped SL a long time ago. You can't even find SL on their website anymore. Stop saying that you need to pay in order to read their released chapters.

https://imgur.com/ynN2XN4

This is a big announcement, and it'll affect most of our series, and the group as a whole. We just got hit by a huge Cease and Desist letter from Kakaopage.

The Following is a list of affected series (all from kakaopage):

A Returners Magic Should Be Special
Chronicles of Heavenly Demon
Lawless Zone
Volcanic Age (Mount Hua Reincarnation)
Peerless Dad
Raid
Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon
Solo Leveling
The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

This means, we will be dropping these series to avoid any legal trouble. You as readers will still very likely get most of these series, but not by us.

I'm personally huge fan of most of these, and quite bummed out to say the least, but, given the recent popularity of some of them, it wasn't unexpected.

God this community is full of drama. Well in the first place we've been reading for free all this time. So just fvcking move on and read it anywhere, for free, again.

@ZombiesAreNotOkay

"Do you even read, bruh? Or what, are you going to tell me most foreign groups don't use the english version as "raw" as usually says on their credit pages in a vast amount of series? as for the other point, are you going to say machine translations don't exist, or that groups don't get critized for speed and quality all the time?"

i didn't said that ... , so using your own words "do you even read bruh?"
what i said was "according to what you said the impression it gives is that jaimini is the only decent group in the site"

"Why are you eve replying? Just go read the series wherever you see fit lol."

you were the one replying
what is more amusing than real drama? bruh

but jokes and rudeness aside it's like Phaestos and you said in the last comment there is no good side and we readers are always the ones getting f*...

@dope0420
Here is the neutral version:
Dex has long been transparent about going legit if they could manage bring forth the majority of titles currently hosted and to hire "good" (not clear what this means) scanlators. Needless to say this is highly unlikely.

-About 2 weeks ago, a group sniped (translated and posted before the more established group did). This is fairly common. What is less common nowadays was in their scanlators info page in the chapters, they mocked the established group for being slow at translating, putting delay on posting at MangaDex and being exceedingly demanding of donations (I toned down the rhetoric a bit).
-The established group wanted MangaDex to intercede to take down the sniped chapters and changed the rules to disallow taunt pages in uploaded chapters (for those not in the know, rival scanlators and even subbers have done this for decades, targeting each other).
-MangaDex said no they do not take sides.
-The established group got into comment wars with MangaDex community and the other scanlator.
- A couple allied (not sure if right word. Friend groups?) told MangaDex to start policing the comment section, to protect scanlators and scanlators who have larger following/important series should be given more consideration.
- MangaDex originally refused both requests and told them to take it out of comment section, and instead do rival pages in the chapters
(MangaDex does not take sides), but later did a community poll if they should tighten moderation. Community said no.
- What followed was a bunch of drama on discord and lead to about a dozen (allied) scanlator groups leaving justified it using highly edited discord captures. Their claim was MangaDex was out to only make money and was using scanlators. The irony is all of those who left had Pateron accounts, many had highly aggressive ads on their sites and highly encouraged donations.

My take away? There might be malfeasance on the part of MangaDex but at this moment, it looks like it was mostly scanlator drama wanting more say in how MangaDex was run and wanted special considerations more than anything. The fact they avoided originally talking about what started the drama and used edited captures does not help their cause.

Also, reminder: MangaDex vs other aggregators
-Has no ads
-Does not rip groups work
-Gives full control over chapters a group uploads, from the delay, to the link to the scanlator's site, to official sites, to even allowing groups to take down their works.
- Has always been upfront of wanted to go legit if able
- Has some of the best quality images of any aggregator.

Group Leader
@Agni
I translate prologue for feedback as this is my first time translating, so later chapter will get better in terms of quality

hey, for the people looking for other aggregators, i like to use the random site extensions on the tachiyomi app. you cant get viruses if you dont visit the page :)
if im on pc then i usually just bite the bullet with a folder of comic site bookmarks since i have to go to a few private sites anyways. it not that bad when have a routine.

Lmao, brainlet scanlators pulling your translations aint gonna do shit

Users who are viewing this thread