Solo Leveling

Contributor
Hopefully someone else, that do not turn this into a business will upload here too. Asking for money for something you do not own is the worst thing you can do, an insult not only to the author but to the whole scan community since the purpose of fanscans is to spread a work in a comprensible language to much people as possible, for free and for passion.

Do not donate or never click on websites of such people, if you can't resist use an adblock so they do not gain a cent.

just got a news. Solo Leveling and Tomb Raider King will be in hiatus until 26 September guys. the Author got hospitalized for bad health condition.

Jaimini's stance regarding the retraction of posts made to this website is illogical and dishonest. The fact of the matter is, this weekly/monthly/regular time period serialization creates a consistent fanbase who often clamor for instant gratification, jumping on the newest chapters within a day or two of their release. Mangadex already has a built in system to accommodate scanlators with their own websites, giving them a countdown timer option that will redirect readers directly to their website if someone wishes to read the newly released chapters as soon as possible. By keeping the old chapters available, this creates a win/win situation in which the instant gratification-seeking audience is driven right to the scanlators website with ease while new readers who might not seek out other websites are able to catch up on the series in a 'binge' before being caught up with the instant gratification crowd as well.

Jaimini's wholesale withdrawal from the website has shot themselves in both feet now. For one, the instant gratification crowd does not create the word of mouth necessary for their continued growth. It just doesn't, not in a quasi-legal market structure like scanlations. Secondly, it creates a sour taste in the mouth of fans, so even IF word of mouth about specific series they're scanlating attracts new readers, because Jaimini's Box isn't easily searched on common search engines their first exposure to those series will on websites like here where they have soiled their own reputations and new readers will only see ongoing arguments like these, handicapping their growth even further.

Frankly, lately I've noticed that this community has some people who leave ... well, really toxic posts and bash scanlators for the smallest things. It gives ME a sour taste in my mouth, and I'm not even the one who gets attacked and bashed for minor stuff.
I can't remember Batoto ever having this problem, but frankly, I now no longer blame Jaimini for leaving. Neither any other group. Not if they get attacked for their free work, and moderators do nothing or even implicitly encourage this. Now that I think about it, the moderators with Batoto were a lot more active to keep the community in line. I miss Batoto a lot. What it missed in comfort features, it surely made up with a better community.

@Joeyjardison
thanks for the news! That's too bad, hope the author gets better soon!

Group Leader
@Vofuro I agree. Batoto had like 10% toxicity, it was always a small minority. Here toxicity is usually the majority. Also people are really tense here. Some of my obvious, and very clear jokes get reported and then moderated and it just ruins the experience. And then another chunk of people just hate people in general/have had a bad day, and come here to take it out on other people.

Well, there isnt anything funny about it being a top manga, it is really good (atleast the art is top tier)! Also, it is ranked 1 on animeplanet by a huge margin over rank 2 fullmetal alchemist and rank 3 berserk.

@JustNatsuki
so it's not just me. I figured maybe it's just worse with some of the manga genres I read - like the standard isekai - and I hoped it wouldn't be as bad elsewhere.

And I like jokes. I remember the comment area of Batoto for Tomo-chan, and god I adored that section. It was almost more fun to read the comments on the newest chapter than the actual chapter. I'd take even over-the-top, tasteless jokes over endless complaining of the smallest stuff. I feel like this negativ trend got a lot worse since the mini-scanlation-group-coup and I wonder why.

For me, it used to be fun not only to read the manga, but to read comments by the community. It makes me sad to see the community of Batoto's follow-up becoming so toxic, and I firmly believe this is part of the reason scanlation teams leave, because they are treated like absolute sh*t by some people here.
It just sucks that Jaiminis Box has no comment section for Solo Reader on the reading site itself. But to be honest, it's probably better that way, because it would be spammed endlessly by people here. I just want to read fun, nice comments about the manga I love, be they enlightening or making fun of its flaws.

Edit: I just noticed that some mangas have fully normal comment areas - it's just some that are absolutely toxic, and I just happened to see a couple of them really close together, which really bothered me. So while it is a problem, it's not as big of one as I initially believed. Welp.

Ugh. So I have been reading the light novels, but the more I read, the more I think the MC is a fucking idiot (and by MC, I mean the author since this is nothing more than wish fulfillment). The author tries real hard to make him seem super intelligent and that that is the reason why he survived the double gate incident to become what he is now, but he constantly pulls the a "Superman" where he shows up at the last second to save the day. However, when I say "last second" and "save the day"; I mean at that point, the damage has already been done and he saved what was left if anything. Oh, he does save Lois Lane (again and again and again [cliched much?]) from hitting the pavement sure, but everyone else that fell off the skyscraper went splat. He constantly ignores an obvious situation and even states that he is being cautious of it, but puts himself in a position where he is utterly useless for one reason or another to help until massive amounts of damage have been inflicted. For example without spoiling: He at one point says something to the effect "Oh, I should watch out for that" and then immediately puts himself in dispose so that he cannot react when "that" becomes an issue. The sad fact is that the entire problem boils down to the author trying to create tension when he knows he cant do it while his MC is level 1000 and everyone else is 10. Seriously, it's near 300 chapters of Superman letting people die so he can illicit more praise.

einfach nur gut
πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ΏπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ€¨πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Aggregator gang
Yeah haven’t read the ln but from my understanding this goes to shit. Hopefully the manga doesn’t. Not sure how strictly this follows the ln

Users who are viewing this thread