Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 181 - I've Kept Making The Same Mistake!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder why everyone still after this guy's ass after the new context ? :unsure:
I mean he try do good for other but just accident do harm instead. and as a collector myself, this guy is a hero to her collection. I can't imagine what it would be like if this guy is not there.

Tbh, I don't think this is best written arc (like how it that hard to clear up the misunderstanding after all that time, make no freaking sense) and i also don't like the direction of making the villain/bully turn out actually just misunderstood, but that on author and the writing. it would much more powerful if she can stand up or facing again an old bully despite the trauma, Instead "yeah she now can forgive him aNd MoVing oN, because turn out the bully is actually 100% innocence, just misunderstood ¯\(ツ)/¯ " make everything weak af.
This whole end part where "just forgive and move on" is where I'm holding out hope. Even if he was misunderstood that doesn't mean he has to be forgiven by Nanami, she can hear about this and be understanding of his position but still want to not see him again.

Dex-chan lover
He literally went to her house to try and apologize in person MULTIPLE TIMES and got rejected, do you really think a letter that would seem even less sincere would fare better?
I do. His presence immediately put everyone on-gaurd, with the parents number one concern was getting rid of the nuisance who harmed their daughter. A letter does not have the same immediate threat they perceived, and more so if it is an anonymous letter, that they only start realizing what they're reading as they uncover context.

Group Leader
These are the times when you wish you haven't said those things. But you did, and it changed someone's life drastically. All you can do now is try to make up for it without forgetting that you said such things. And of course, you will have to respect whatever choice the other person makes, whether they ask you to stay out of their life or something else. :headpat:
It always makes me happy to see mature comments like these :D

Double-page supporter
It doesn't matter what someone's intentions were. The only thing that actually matters is results, and the result was catastrophic. The fact that he claims he was trying to do good doesn't change a thing. He's still an asshole.

Dex-chan lover
I do. His presence immediately put everyone on-gaurd, with the parents number one concern was getting rid of the nuisance who harmed their daughter. A letter does not have the same immediate threat they perceived, and more so if it is an anonymous letter, that they only start realizing what they're reading as they uncover context.

Do you actually open any and every spam/junk mail and actually read them as long as it's addressed to you?

Because if you so much as put them in the trash the second you realize it's junk then surely you'd realize that his 'apology letters' would get similar treatment.

Do you seriously think the parents aren't aware that he was trying to apologize? And, similar to all the posts here saying he doesn't deserve forgiveness, haven't forgiven him?
Literally when they met earlier the dad was still ready to pounce at Manabe.

Dex-chan lover
Do you actually open any and every spam/junk mail and actually read them as long as it's addressed to you?

Because if you so much as put them in the trash the second you realize it's junk then surely you'd realize that his 'apology letters' would get similar treatment.

Do you seriously think the parents aren't aware that he was trying to apologize? And, similar to all the posts here saying he doesn't deserve forgiveness, haven't forgiven him?
Literally when they met earlier the dad was still ready to pounce at Manabe.
At my house, we read everything not machine produced, and when it is machine produced and actually targeted to a resident instead of "household", we at least go through the effort of finding if it has any personal information and needs shredding. So yes, we read our mail.

While its still not guarantied they won't toss it the moment enough words come up to associate it with him, it has a greater chance than them already spending 100% of their attention and focus to remove the "threat" before he's even tried to say anything.

Dex-chan lover
At my house, we read everything not machine produced, and when it is machine produced and actually targeted to a resident instead of "household", we at least go through the effort of finding if it has any personal information and needs shredding. So yes, we read our mail.

While its still not guarantied they won't toss it the moment enough words come up to associate it with him, it has a greater chance than them already spending 100% of their attention and focus to remove the "threat" before he's even tried to say anything.

Just because they see it doesn't mean they'll accept it, which is the key point you keep missing.
On page 5 he mentioned the mom SAYING TO HIM it's best he just stop having any contacts with them, and considering the mom's personality clearly shed be paying attention to what he tried to say.
Nanami's wound was too fresh and too deep at the time, no matter what he says it won't help.

Nanami needed time to stabilize then a chance to get out of her shell again, but the important point is SHE has to be the one to take that step.
And we can look back at ch 1 and see her hesitation/fear and then relief after Kaoru react to her room with joy.

Dex-chan lover
jesus nanami's parent's are fucking dumb, this guy fucked up BAD and ended up traumatizing nanami with what in the end was a misunderstanding but he understood that instantly and came back to clear it but nanami's parents stopped him and didn't even tell her by the looks of it since she seemed surprised when he mentioned he tried to apologise "so many times"

i'm well aware they had the best intentions but cmon if nanami got hit so hard it was just because she cared about him and his opinion, i think an apology from the person involved would've worked wonders for her

btw did i miss something? everyone hates this guy, i know it sounds sarcastic but did i actually misunderstand something? or is it just that if a cute girl becomes socially awkward after being traumatized for being an otaku she must be protected but if the same thing happens to a guy then he's a piece of shit? to me it looks like the only difference between the two is how they reacted to it and the order the informations were given to us, is it because we know nanami from the start meanwhile this dude just got introduced after being teased as a villain from nanami's perspective?

anyway these are my opinions with the informations we have at the moment but i don't think there's more to this dude backstory

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It doesn't matter what someone's intentions were. The only thing that actually matters is results, and the result was catastrophic. The fact that he claims he was trying to do good doesn't change a thing. He's still an asshole.
Does it not matter though? Pretty strong stance there for something that clearly is supposed to be handled on a case-by-case basis. Picture this:

You're outside walking and minding your own business, and someone faints in front of you. There's no one around you, so you go near them to check if they're still breathing, but you notice they're not, and their heart also stopped beating, they just had a cardiac arrest. You know how to do cpr though, so you call an ambulance and do, and manage to get his heart to beat again, but unfortunately you were panicking a bit too much and ended up breaking a rib. Technically, you caused harm to that person, are you an asshole? Should you have walked by, potentially letting the person die, because there was a chance of you breaking one of their ribs? Or are you an asshole either way? As you can see, your intentions were to save them, but by your own logic you'd be an asshole here.

Now don't get me wrong, as I said earlier, this is something that should be handled on a case-by-case basis, but in this manga's case I feel like he shouldn't be treated as an asshole, because his mind was clouded and pretty unstable and he clearly suffered (and probably suffers still) from ptsd, which is not a joke. That obviously doesn't make the result of his actions disappear, and he fully knows that, he tried to apologize multiple times but couldn't

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
btw did i miss something? everyone hates this guy, i know it sounds sarcastic but did i actually misunderstand something?
Yup, seems people literally just dont want to admit they were wrong in their initial opinion of the kid not matter what.

And/Or they dont understand what ptsd-panic attack is and dont understand the scene enough to get he had the best of intentions but the PA ruined what he was trying to say.

Dex-chan lover
Arguably her parents made everything as bad as it got, because they refused to let him apologize and clear things up when it was still fresh.

It's also pretty clear, that many of the people hating on the guy, would be like "what a wimp beta cuck MC" if Nanami was a guy. Just like they do in every romcom manga comment section, where MC doesn't try to get into a girls pants at every opportunity presented.

Users who are viewing this thread