Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Fed-Kun's army
Obviously the drama and the story dragging is bad, but imma be real the story is actually readable again. I don't wanna read those cosplaying arc anymore. Personally.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus christ shut the fuck up. The latest volume is literally one of the most popular and well selling volumes yet. Literally got praise all over Japanese social media. News flash: the brain dead Mangadex comment section doesn't reflect the actual audience of the manga. It's still a money maker, and still loved by the Japanese fanbase.

It's actually a whiplash seeing so many people whining about the pacing in the western fanbase when no one gives a fuck about it on the Japanese side.
No wonder The Girls Who Traumatized Me Keep Glancing at Me, but Alas, It’s Too Late is selling like hotcakes :02:

Dex-chan lover
marin is really not her at all. she becomes more unstable for no fuckin reason. oh there is a reason. to milk this fucking manga for another 3-5 years lmao. I'll just drop this now and might pick it up again in another 3 years.

Reactions: Tlo
Having to wait monthly is getting to me. I need to see the next chapter ASAP. So much happening for each character right now.

Dex-chan lover
Can somebody tell me what happens, somewhat I like I missing so many things
So she is the girl in the first chapter of the series that gave him the complex. We are now getting context behind the start of the manga.

Dex-chan lover
It's not always necessary to deal directly with the source of your trauma to move on with your life.
There are other way to solve your past trauma, and I honestly don't like the way author want to deal with this Non-chan while leaving Marin drama as is.
We don't know what the authors plan is (unless this has a novel i am not aware of?) they could resolve non-chan drama and marin drama simultaneously. Non-chan and her mom already assumes marin is his girlfriend after all. I feel like they could resolve the drama and then point out the very obvious "marin likes you, you dense mother fucker" to him once he's been freed from the "you are disgusting" curse non-chan put on him as a kid.

Weekly pace on a monthly series, better drop this for a year or so to somewhat enjoy the reading process.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, today we learned that talking about your feelings can prevent a lot of childhood trauma
That's apparently illegal in Japan.

Or at least socially unacceptable as it might "trouble" someone else. How often has something not been said/done in anime and manga because one person didn't want to "cause trouble" for another? Japan's self-sacrifice culture just isn't understandable to me.

Fed-Kun's army
yeah and she felt like she deserved it which is what's bad, ignoring the fact she also went about it in the absolutely worst way possible
i mean she was a kid. kids usually dont understand the world of emotions yet as they are still developing thus they can be self absorbed and i dont think its wrong bc thats just the way they are. its adults responsibility to teach them that their words and actions can hurt other people. she is much older now and we can clearly see she understands that her words hurt Gojo in his most vulnerable moment and she deeply regrets it.

Dex-chan lover
And... maybe what Marin thought was the reason Wakana had been kinda down, he simply realized something at that moment he saw his work and thought that even if he had made a beautiful cosplay he still isn't all he wants to be as a kashirashi to show it to his gramps which made him feel bummed for that.

For this to work he would need to ignore gramps telling him that his hina dolls have gotten a lot better since he started working on cosplay. If I recall correctly he said that they looked a lote more lively and he was very proud. Marin is absolutely misunderstanding the whole situation obviously. I just mean that your take on Wakanas internal reasoning would require ignoring a crucial conversation.

Double-page supporter
i mean she was a kid. kids usually dont understand the world of emotions yet as they are still developing thus they can be self absorbed and i dont think its wrong bc thats just the way they are. its adults responsibility to teach them that their words and actions can hurt other people. she is much older now and we can clearly see she understands that her words hurt Gojo in his most vulnerable moment and she deeply regrets it.
I mean she already had some emotional maturity at that point since she knew he was depressed after losing his parents, so meh
also dude it's been one chapter it's not like everything's been revealed yet

Dex-chan lover
For this to work he would need to ignore gramps telling him that his hina dolls have gotten a lot better since he started working on cosplay. If I recall correctly he said that they looked a lote more lively and he was very proud. Marin is absolutely misunderstanding the whole situation obviously. I just mean that your take on Wakanas internal reasoning would require ignoring a crucial conversation.
When you are young like him and much more ambitious than he lets out... every single day and "failure" feels like the world is ending.

He is 16, the time he has dedicated to this craft is proportionally an enormous fraction of his life, so when he thinks he "failed" he feels it much stronger.

Wakana has too the trauma of losing his parents, coupled with what Non said, all of those cause him to not have a good view of himself.

It is normal to anyone in his situation even in real life, time, effort and care are the solution, but he still will need to deal with it one step at a time.

Such is life

Fed-Kun's army
I mean she already had some emotional maturity at that point since she knew he was depressed after losing his parents, so meh
also dude it's been one chapter it's not like everything's been revealed yet
she only noticed he was depressed after hearing his aunt(?) say his parents died. also why are we ignoring that she literally came to him everyday, reading him a book in hopes of cheering him up. it is exceptionally kind gesture which shows that she cared about him deeply and wanting him to spend time with her is only natural. its not something out of pocket? like she didnt demand of him to buy her something or anything. also page 21 clearly shows Non-chan upset after thinking about the words she said to him. the paneling, her head facing down and clinching her eyelids. its all on two panels. i really cannot understand why are you so mad about kid being a kid

Dex-chan lover
there's also that manga similar where the MC was betrayed since childhood and he was a writer and met not-Taiga who also was betrayed and also wrote stories and then they helped each other... manga that ended being more LN ad or axed hahaha. (and another that the gf broke with him because she wanted for him to fight for her, the kouhai teased the f*ck outta him and there was a filler girl too that mock him when he was at his worst so he sent them to oblivion and turned into a "lone wolf")... at least the series that you shared is a little more comical (maybe trying to parody a little this I think new subgenre)

Dex-chan lover
there's also that manga similar where the MC was betrayed since childhood and he was a writer and met not-Taiga who also was betrayed and also wrote stories and then they helped each other... manga that ended being more LN ad or axed hahaha. (and another that the gf broke with him because she wanted for him to fight for her, the kouhai teased the f*ck outta him and there was a filler girl too that mock him when he was at his worst so he sent them to oblivion and turned into a "lone wolf")... at least the series that you shared is a little more comical (maybe trying to parody a little this I think new subgenre)
That should be Pomeko. There's a lot of very poor writing in this sub-genre, hopefully Bisque isn't down this path already, but I brought up Glancing at Me because the plot was in the "So Bad It's Good" category. Four Color Goddesses has much better writing out of all these sub-genre, but unfortunately no adaptation.

Users who are viewing this thread