Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 94

Yeah, about a year... I miss the golden age of this series when something good was happening at least every other chapter. Now we've had like 5 straight chapters of him just working on this cosplay. I stopped getting excited when a new chapter released.
Same, I appreciate getting new chapters but miss those good old days where I was so excited to see their interactions.

Dex-chan lover
Out of curiosity, especially for the people who pushes for the romance aspect of this manga.
I mean, I'm aware that you guys want the romance, but do you guys think it's needed? Like; you want it, but it doesn't mean you need it.
What do you think?
Apologies if this is worded weirdly; articulation is my weakness
I was totally OK with slow-paced development. Or no development at all, until maybe Gojo realize something toward the end. Or even classic love comedy development where one side is in love and do nothing for a long time while other side slooowly realize his\her feelings, and while they are at that main plot of of manga is going (cosplay in this specific case).

But author decided make it as if confession is imminent, because of how bold and straightforward Marin is.... and nothing happens. I mean, OK, Marin herself said that the way she acts is not normal when in comes to her feelings. But it wasn't an issue before. She basically "confessed" over the phone after the fireworks, even if Gojo was (supposedly) asleep. She invited Gojo to home date and this was one of most hilarious arks (btw, where comedy elements now?).

Now we have to deal some other Marin who acts like actual doll, not only being unable to confess, but not being able to talk with Gojo properly. She always talked out from the situations Gojo put himself into, forced him to do things he was hesitate about and helping him realize his shortcomings. People are mad at Gojo, but this IS how Gojo is normally, if Marin not doing her "thing".

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Really, Gojou really is lucky he has a fan and loving admirer who will always appreciate him and his work no matter what.
But on the same time, I think doujins are already having that idea of making new NTR scenarios for these two, given that Gojou is a real busy-body.

Dex-chan lover
Out of curiosity, especially for the people who pushes for the romance aspect of this manga.
I mean, I'm aware that you guys want the romance, but do you guys think it's needed? Like; you want it, but it doesn't mean you need it.
What do you think?
It's the main hook of the series. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. It's why it got adaptation in the first place. It's why Marin being regarded really highly due to realizing her feelings immediately. Not because she likes dress-up.

If pacing and main story focus was like these past chapters from the start, very few would actually give a fuck about the whole thing and we most certainly wouldn't have an adaptation. Cosplay hobby setting in itself is already a pretty niche thing in mangaverse.

Dex-chan lover
Well, he's kind of going 1000% out for a costume for her hobby she loves and is completely exhausted... IMO there is slack to cut him here...
This is way past being about her like 5 chapters ago. This is all him considering he doesn't even ask her opinions or care to listen to her anymore. She is just a live mannequin to put it on. This is different from the time when he went overdrive to finish the costume on time. Even that story line didn't drag its feet this fucking much.

Dex-chan lover
He's not dead, but he surely isn't living a very happy existence. Exclusively reacting to people saying anything remotely negative about this series with the "Dumb" reaction.
Ignore that troll. People who can't handle differing opinions don't belong in public, offline or online.

Dex-chan lover
And you also getting mad at him for not celebrating Christmas, while it's made quite clear that his family doesn't care about it
It's not about that. It's that she put effort into her appearance, made dinner for him and his grandpa, then he eats none of it and fucks off into his room. Imagine a guy doing that in real life. Any reasonable person would cut that dude out of their life or AT LEAST question why they bothered to do any of that in the first place. Even if he had done that on any other day than Christmas, it's not acceptable.

Dex-chan lover
It's not about that...
I really feel like you totally missing Gojo perspective.
It's that she put effort into her appearance
From Gojo total lack of understanding of concept of dressing up, Marin is always putting effort into her appearances. He sees no correlation between her specific looks and cloth in given moment. So, to him, Marin didn't looks anything out of ordinary.
made dinner for him and his grandpa
Since Marin is now his family friend (from Gojo PoV) and both him and Grandpa cooked stuff for her, it's competly normal for her to try doing something. I mean, her learning cooking is a good thing, right? While it's a bit rude not to eat any, since to him this is nothing special, he decided not to it, if he wasn't hungry. He's so focused on the task after all.
Imagine a guy doing that in real life.
Oh, i do that. With my close friends and their family. If someone wants to cook and eat something they can. If we are having a party, it's, ofc, different. But Marin didn't ask about celebrating Christmas. She only asked if she could come.

Dex-chan lover
I really feel like you totally missing Gojo perspective.

From Gojo total lack of understanding of concept of dressing up, Marin is always putting effort into her appearances. He sees no correlation between her specific looks and cloth in given moment. So, to him, Marin didn't looks anything out of ordinary.

Since Marin is now his family friend (from Gojo PoV) and both him and Grandpa cooked stuff for her, it's competly normal for her to try doing something. I mean, her learning cooking is a good thing, right? While it's a bit rude not to eat any, since to him this is nothing special, he decided not to it, if he wasn't hungry. He's so focused on the task after all.

Oh, i do that. With my close friends and their family. If someone wants to cook and eat something they can. If we are having a party, it's, ofc, different. But Marin didn't ask about celebrating Christmas. She only asked if she could come.
Maybe I am missing his perspective. I've been dealing with months of him losing his mind over what kind of fabric he wants, so it's entirely possible I've forgotten.

No matter the circumstances of how he views her, not eating any of her food and giving her an autopiloted "thanks for the meal" before locking himself away in his room is straight up disrespectful. How many times has she cooked for him before? Him being insensitive or oblivious (this goes for her dressing up as well) to how his actions could make Marin feel doesn't make it okay. And if I'm remembering correctly, when they made food for Marin, she ate that shit up and was grateful for it. Stark contrast to what Gojo did to her here.

You do that? Is it being specifically made for you and you alone? Or do you happen to be there and they offer it to you? Because Marin asked first then went there, to HIS house to make it FOR him. Again, regardless of him not celebrating Christmas, that's disrespectful.

Dex-chan lover
What do you think?
It is like you'd ask Oshi no Ko fans if they need all that drama...

The answer is Yes, with capital Y. It is needed. Re-read the 1st ~20 chapters and tell me, if the main hook of this series wasn't romance. If you'll find otherwise, I'm sorry, but you're delusional. I know it sound pretentious, but it is fact, not an opinion. Most of the viewers got into this series because of the school romance aspect, only finding that the cosplay set up is a new, fresh way to deliver it. This is why this series got animated and get so popular, that it'll get another anime season. It's because Marin is cute, she's bold and straight with her feelings and heels over head for Gojou. Not because of all the craftsmanship aspect of cosplay. I can bet my family jewels, that IF author from this point forward would clearly state "this manga will no longer have any romance at all, never, period AND I'll forbid any romance in the anime, so the director would have to focus only on cosplay stuff", more than a half of community would drop this series immediately. People are still on this ship, because they are waiting for some romance development. There is a reason, why this manga have "Romance" tag.
But hey, let's say that "romance is not needed". Even then, we still had multiple side stories so far, with characters assigned for those stories, that still contained some cosplay stuff in it, but overall weren't strictly focused with such details on that one aspect. Even Coffin arc, which was heavily packed with cosplay, still didn't fell that overwhelming and boring, due to interactions and dynamics between characters and overall progress of the story. This arc? Few months into this, and we're still on the same point that we started. Nothing changed. Heck, we even don't know anything about cosplay progress at this point! All we know is - Gojou choose material and he isn't satisfied with ribcage color. This story became stale like an 2 weeks old bread. And you think, that the romance (or rather lack of it) is the biggest problem here?

Dex-chan lover
No matter the circumstances of how he views her, not eating any of her food and giving her an autopiloted "thanks for the meal" before locking himself away in his room is straight up disrespectful.
Oh, it kinda is. But again, in this Ark not only Gojo acts out of (previous) polite character. Marin also wasn't so hesitant before.

How many times has she cooked for him before? Him being insensitive or oblivious (this goes for her dressing up as well) to how his actions could make Marin feel doesn't make it okay.
Well, to Gojo cooking is something complete mundane. So, since he doesn't see Marin as anything but friend, it means nothing.
Stark contrast to what Gojo did to her here.
You do that? Is it being specifically made for you and you alone? Or do you happen to be there and they offer it to you? Because Marin asked first then went there, to HIS house to make it FOR him.
But this is not true. She never said that she will prepare food specifically for Gojo. She said she'll make dinner. And from Gojo perspective it's normal, since both he and his Grandpa were cooking before. It's nothing out of ordinary. First i cook, next day you cook.

Supporter
It's the main hook of the series. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. It's why it got adaptation in the first place. It's why Marin being regarded really highly due to realizing her feelings immediately. Not because she likes dress-up.

If pacing and main story focus was like these past chapters from the start, very few would actually give a fuck about the whole thing and we most certainly wouldn't have an adaptation. Cosplay hobby setting in itself is already a pretty niche thing in mangaverse.
The Bisque Doll IS IN LOVE for Pete's sake. It's right there in the (original) title.

Dex-chan lover
First i cook, next day you cook.
But you didn't answer my question and you ignored the point of what I was saying. Is food being specifically made for you? Or do you happen to be there and they offer it to you? If it's the former, are you turning that food down?
Well, to Gojo cooking is something complete mundane. So, since he doesn't see Marin as anything but friend, it means nothing.
Like I said, how he views it doesn't change how it could impact Marin.
Marin also wasn't so hesitant before.
I don't see how anything she's done this chapter could perceived as hesitant. The only reason nothing happened this chapter was cause Gojou was being so closed off and hardly let Marin get a word out.

Users who are viewing this thread