Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
What an incredible payoff for Gojo's obsessive work, Marin has become Haniel and mesmerized the whole audience. This magical moment will be talked about for years when remembering highlights of prior Comikets.

It's great to finally hear the thoughts of an experienced cosplayer like Miyako acnowledging Gojo's amazing skills and putting it in perspective within the cosplaying community. He really is a top dog and doesn't even realized it yet. Likewise, that photographer' thoughts and everybody's reaction finally acknowledge Marin's amazing cosplaying skills, she fully became the portrayed character and triggered the exact reaction they were hoping for in the public. This duo is unbeatable.

Now I wonder what Akira's reaction will be when Marin's cosplaying nickname becomes "Princess" by public acclaim. On one hand she was the one that coined it and triggered it becoming official, but on the other hand everyone else will use her special nickname for her "oshi".

Contributor
Marin is absolutely mesmerizing here. She got the crowd got all worked up and she's absolutely killing it there with Wakana's masterpiece of a costume. Though I also love how she broke character once when she approached their cosplay buddies.

Considering how peaceful this manga has been, I suppose I shouldn't worry about a stalker problem coming out of this.

Dex-chan lover
We already had juju stalking Gojou back to his home. Will it happen to Marin? She's already magazine famous, so I don't think being cosplay-famous is any worse. It would be pretty dark for this series to go that route.

Instead, I think the cosplay fame leads to an interview with Marin and Gojou as the cosplay team. Maybe getting all that recognition helps Gojou break his inferiority complex and then they launch the ship.

Nah! I feel Gojou will get a new stalker in a few chapters and it's going to be the Haniel's author (or someone on his staff) because he was able to recreate the Haniel that he envisioned.

Dex-chan lover
Well ironmouse is the biggest English speaking vtuber so it would be surprising the author fell down a rabbit hole, possibly in a bid to improve his English language skills and arrive at ironmouse doors
That honestly sounds like a stretch

Dex-chan lover
can see this leading to an arc where incrased fame results in other designers wanting Marin to wear their outfits and gojou being on high demand from other models. Can see Gojou saying he only wants to work with Marin but Marin being a model already says she does not mind and insists he work with others when one of the top cosplayers in japan asks for him (even though she does mind)
I say bring it. Just go all in on the cosplay manga thing; you can get a lot of story out of it!

Dex-chan lover
No wonder they're enamoured. Switching from the character's disdain to her normal huge smile and back again is gonna shake anyone's composure.

Hopefully that guy was just to give us an insight into the minds of the photographers and he's not going to show up at her house. I'm here for cute/hot cosplays, not drama beyond the will they/won't they.

Dex-chan lover
That honestly sounds like a stretch

Why, the Japanese are utterly terrible at speaking English. It’s because they don’t start their mandatory English class until junior high school, which long after the peak period to learn a foreign language especially one as completely alien as their mother tongue. Now I admit there a number of better duel nationality vtubers who are far more recommended for the Japanese to watch if they want to improve their English but none of them are half as big as ironmouse. This is probably more a nod to Vtubing in general using the biggest star than strictly speaking a reference specifically to ironmouse but it’s not beyond the possibility.

Dex-chan lover
Really a fantastic chapter, not only for the full cosplay but the inevitable potential effects on Wakana and Marin... I was considering it ages ago at the beginning of this arc, but I suppose I'll voice it now, I'm curious to see if the critical and cynical Mandate of Heaven author is going to get wind of this and play a role, could be interesting (or easily become a setback, but I feel that would be a tedious and unnecessary "insecurity" device, or flat out stalling).

As ever, thank you so very much for scanlating.

Fed-Kun's army
I bet the in-story perfectionist asshile artist of the manga haniel comes from is gonna cope or praise Goju's work

Dex-chan lover
Going back a bit, the appearance of Haniel in the Mandate of Heaven stuff all but predicted this... so Wakana's going to be the fish that demolishes then eats the screaming fans for daring to approach. :p

Aggregator gang
Random musings while waiting on the next drop.

Shiba Tokio in the interview said Haniel was drawn that way for a reason. Also little heart when he drew her for his friend. And in Mandate manga Haniel's heart was taken by the devil.

I wonder if Haniel represents an old flame of Tokio's who was taken from him by a rival who he considers to be a devil.

Not that it would make a huge impact on the story but would tie some things together nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread