Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 98

Dex-chan lover
It's because we suffered through dozens of chapters of this dude trying to find a piece of cloth, then realizing he needs to think outside the box by going deeper into the box. The payoff is huge; finally we get cosplay in the cosplay manga
You have this strange implication here that sitting awake night after night agonizing over materials and how to do exactly what you're trying to do is...somehow...not cosplay? Because my spouse does cosplay and I help make their things so to me that's all cosplay is lol.

There's a reason I identify with Gojo, honestly.

It wasn't people complaining that there was cosplay in the cosplay manga, it was people complaining that there was cosplay in what they had decided was a romance manga. Luckily most of those people seem to have given up on the manga and left.

Dex-chan lover
I'm certain Gojo will get acknowledged for his amazing cosplay work.
So far, only one person has commented about Gojo's work.
What's more, the person herself said that she thought his work so far were "good", but didn't expect them to be that good. Meaning she didn't really focus much on his work so far (probably because she only looked at the photos, mostly).

Meaning, so far Marin's own charisma had always overshadowed Gojo's work, and only when people ignore Marin's charisma, would they notice his talent.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing Marin will now be known as Princess in the cosplay scene. I think Gojo's too exhausted to realize how amazing his cosplay is.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit worried that seeing Marin being this popular might reinforce in Gojou's mind the notion that she's out of his league, leading to even slower romance development.
Well so far the romance development had been one-sided from Marin's side.
And that too most of the time feels like an infatuation of Marin at the moment because Gojo helps her fullfill her dreams.
On the otherhand, for Gojo, Marin is a canvas on which he can present his art and make her shine as much as he could. He doesn't really care about his own feelings, as his goal is to get Marin at the Top while he watches her from the bottom (like a devotee sees their god).

Dex-chan lover
God i love how fucking clueless gojou are thou
my man just standing there all like yeah she sure is pretty aint she
having no Clue

Dex-chan lover
I think Gojo's too exhausted to realize how amazing his cosplay is.
Gojo never considers his own work as good.
He only focuses on bringing out the best of Marin, so he just considers his own work as a for of support for Marin.

Even if he did notice, he would only focus on Marin's charisma like all those Photographers and not on his own work.

Dex-chan lover
Cute devil maid. Or whatever being she's supposed to be. Could be an oni. Whatever it is I sure don't recognise it.

And a fangirl and some other people fangirling.

That's about it for the chapter? Well, there were some photos. Probably nothing significant.

this comiket namek stil not over???
The comiket part hasn't been going on for long. It was the production towards it that did.

Oh crap, that dude from page 16 an a few more... I'm getting a very strong stalker / over infatuated fan feeling from him 😱
Normally I'd be concerned, but considering he seems more to be the norm of the characters around her, I'd take it more as a singular representation of the crowd than a personal stalker.

It is one of those unfortunate realities that cosplayers have to put up with at their job.
It naturally follows when a lot of the characters the cosplayers are portraying pander to that kind of crowd. The more obsessed people are with the characters, the more money they throw their way, which leads to companies trying to cash in on that.

Maybe getting all that recognition helps Gojou break his inferiority complex
That's one of my hopes for this arc. He has issues he needs to get over, and this is a good opportunity.

Like some dude(s) not keeping their hands to theirselves or talking down Gojou about being too close to Marin.
The former I don't expect without a bunch of the other ones beating him down, but the latter is such an epidemic that I almost can't see it not happen.

Can we get to the romance now
I'd like to get this event done with first. Or at least for things to calm down a bit so they can talk properly, but that kind of thing often doesn't happen at events until they start to slow down.

It wasn't people complaining that there was cosplay in the cosplay manga, it was people complaining that there was cosplay in what they had decided was a romance manga. Luckily most of those people seem to have given up on the manga and left.
Way to strawman everyone not liking the arc into the worst stereotype. There absolutely were people complaining about there not being enough cosplay in a cosplay manga. There were tons of comments about too much navel gazing and not actually doing much cosplay designing.

Double-page supporter
So it is an accurate depiction of a cosplay convention then.

It is one of those unfortunate realities that cosplayers have to put up with at their job.

There are creeps in all crowds involving oogling at a girl and taking pics of her.

Which is why the performers sometimes require security guards, and barrier lines at big events like shown here.

Some weirdos can even get handsy with the performers if they are not kept away.

Perhaps the next arc will be about this topic?
Tho I don't think that any of that will happen. It's just not that kinda manga.

Double-page supporter
Yeaaah. Echoing the thoughts that some of these dudes seem a lil sus and expecting something to happen to Marin or Gojou. Like nothing super serious tbh but just some creepy ass shit. Like some dude(s) not keeping their hands to theirselves or talking down Gojou about being too close to Marin.
If someone says anything about Gojo being too close Marin will 100% hug him and defend him.

I'm happy for the characters, but I can't get rid of the feeling that something bad might happen especially with how Gojou been stressing himself out for the past few chapters.
If anything bad happens to gojou gege's definitely the one to blame

Users who are viewing this thread