Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 101

Dex-chan lover
When you misrepresent my criticism, I guess it might look like I'm being overly harsh.
The proverbial swine I am referring to are those for whom it is impossible to show the significance of the significant events of the plot portrayed in this chapter. It is not addressing any criticism of the recent drift in focus, that is a distinctly separate issue. Although, I'm also inclined to believe that criticism is a symptom of the issue I do address.

"Pearls before swine" is not really an admonishment of the swine, pigs cannot help being pigs, but rather a warning against wasting time and resources on those incapable of appreciating it.
Your criticism implicitly frames the story as though the main draw is the cosplay drama, but the reality is that many readers are invested first and foremost in the romantic relationship between the two leads, rather than the cosplay drama. For people like that, it is only natural that they’ll be less interested in significant developments in the cosplay drama if that doesn’t seem to be advancing Gojo and Marin’s relationship in interesting ways. Hopefully next chapter will give a little more meat there.

Dex-chan lover
Your criticism implicitly frames the story as though the main draw is the cosplay drama, but the reality is that many readers are invested first and foremost in the romantic relationship between the two leads, rather than the cosplay drama. For people like that, it is only natural that they’ll be less interested in significant developments in the cosplay drama if that doesn’t seem to be advancing Gojo and Marin’s relationship in interesting ways. Hopefully next chapter will give a little more meat there.
I made no attempt at identifying the main draw, and in fact I think you're right. I was initially drawn to the unlikely romance, with no interest at all in cosplay nor cosplay culture. However, I remain steadfast in my belief that many people are seemingly incapable of appreciating the significance and dramatic tension in this chapter, hence all the complaining that this is "boring".

Dex-chan lover
So many of you have no experience of being recognised as an artist and it really shows.
Their hard work and talent has finally been given recognition, not just from anonymous weirdos but from the one person they would want praise from the most. Just imagining that kind of recognition is a rush. This is potentially the biggest turning-point of the story so far, not to mention the height of dramatic tension. Pearls before swine.
please show me a post complaining about them bieng recognized?
99% of the complaints i've seen on MD are either about the pacing or the drama and lack of romance.

Dex-chan lover
It's Gojover lads, I bet we'll have like two volumes of him suffering of imposter syndrome and Marin "working" for that agency
I called it last episode. He's going to go into himself, she's busy at work, they are gonna drift apart, a wealthy, older client notices her during some event, ask her out, she is smitten by the wealthy adult lifestyle, they get together and marry, have children, grow old and then one day out of the blue, marin remembers that hectic summer so many years ago, when she spent a few months together with that serious and quiet boy who made clothes and dolls. If it wasn't for him, she would never have had the life she did. She owes it all to him, really. What was his name again? Oh, yes, Goujou-kun. She should give him a call some day or send him a letter, to see how he is.

Aggregator gang
I made no attempt at identifying the main draw, and in fact I think you're right. I was initially drawn to the unlikely romance, with no interest at all in cosplay nor cosplay culture. However, I remain steadfast in my belief that many people are seemingly incapable of appreciating the significance and dramatic tension in this chapter, hence all the complaining that this is "boring".
They can appreciate when such recognition is being told in a good way. This however has continued for what, 5 months now? Even this chapter, did we really need 18 pages of an unknown editor and mangaka gushing over the cosplay for us to get the point of how big of an impact Gojos and Marins work are?

To be honest, a lot of what has been shown could’ve been condenses and us, the audience/readers, would understand how huge Gojos and Marins work are this time around. The complaints are how the author is dragging it out, wearing said tension and drama thin for no real reason. It is coming to the point where the tension is being replaced by loss of interest, impatience and becoming tedius.

Last chapter kinda hinted that this chapter would move the story forward between Marin and Gojo as they were heading home. But instead we got none of it, and instead just one page with Gojo in the bed with his towel over his head. That is for me my biggest disappointment with this chapter. Not romance, not the drama, but both MCs afterthoughts from the comiket event. Now we need to wait another month for a possibility of reveal on what is weighing Gojo down so much. Unless it will be another ”filler” with unknown people gushing over the perfect Haniel cosplay.

Aggregator gang
Definitely seeing people struggle with having monthly chapter drops when the tempo is slow like this. It definitely paces much better when read back-to-back. I'd love to have chapters quicker, but seeing the industry mangakas regularly flame out trying to produce output at the hectic pace, it's one of those things that I just accept for the sake of the artists.

Dex-chan lover
They can appreciate when such recognition is being told in a good way. This however has continued for what, 5 months now? Even this chapter, did we really need 18 pages of an unknown editor and mangaka gushing over the cosplay for us to get the point of how big of an impact Gojos and Marins work are?

To be honest, a lot of what has been shown could’ve been condenses and us, the audience/readers, would understand how huge Gojos and Marins work are this time around. The complaints are how the author is dragging it out, wearing said tension and drama thin for no real reason. It is coming to the point where the tension is being replaced by loss of interest, impatience and becoming tedius.

Last chapter kinda hinted that this chapter would move the story forward between Marin and Gojo as they were heading home. But instead we got none of it, and instead just one page with Gojo in the bed with his towel over his head. That is for me my biggest disappointment with this chapter. Not romance, not the drama, but both MCs afterthoughts from the comiket event. Now we need to wait another month for a possibility of reveal on what is weighing Gojo down so much. Unless it will be another ”filler” with unknown people gushing over the perfect Haniel cosplay.
It was "being told in a good way". It was all building up to the reclusive and protective-of-his-work mangaka posting his sincere praise on not-X (formerly not-Twitter). This is not a minor thing to gloss over, it's a massive turning point. Condensing that would be like rushing to the confession and kiss; it's as consequential. Again, this is a matter of pearls before swine.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
Matthew 7:6

It's a wasted effort trying.

Dex-chan lover
so you can't give me a post complaining about them bieng recognized which was what your original post was a bout.
Also love how you pretend you are above this yet you are replaying anyway
My original post was about people not appreciating what they have been given, to the extent that it isn't even noticed for the massive moment it is. The proverbial swine are not complaining about being given pearls, they simply don't understand their significance, and go on to attack the one that presented them.

Also I am clearly not above discussion, I initiated it. Neither am I under the illusion that I am. Not sure why you'd think that was the case, but if that's the impression I gave, I apologise for misleading you. I am absolutely not above discussing manga on a manga discussion thread, on a manga discussion forum, linked to a manga hosting site.

I get the impression you're just not understanding what I've said, so I'm asking you to read it and come back with the specific instances where I claimed that people were complaining about Marin and Gojo receiving recognition.

Aggregator gang
It was "being told in a good way". It was all building up to the reclusive and protective-of-his-work mangaka posting his sincere praise on not-X (formerly not-Twitter). This is not a minor thing to gloss over, it's a massive turning point. Condensing that would be like rushing to the confession and kiss; it's as consequential. Again, this is a matter of pearls before swine.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast
ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them
under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
Matthew 7:6

It's a wasted effort trying.
Indeed it is most likely a massive turning point. But the build up and tension can be achieved with less. Having all the reactions made shorter would not have diminished readers emotions and understanding of the achievement Gojo and Marin reached.

Again, last chapter set up a cliffhanger with the tension between Marin and Gojo. I bet majority were expecting it to develop in this chapter. It did not.
Having a random mangaka and editor gushing over the cosplay for 18 pages achieves literally nothing that could’t have been conveyed in e.g. 5 pages.

The mangaka (Tokio) acknowledging Marins cosplay performance to the point of giving priase and retweet it is a huge development, just that it took too long to reach there. The build up was too longwinded, and reading through every comment here it feels like majority that are commenting are feeling the same way.

It’s not that we can’t appreciate good work, we criticise because the good work Fukuda usually does feels dragged out in this arc. I have nothing against monthly releases, but the plot should having a pacing suited for it as well.

A quote that I feel fits well here would be:

Less is more.

This arc feels the opposite; more is less. The more abundantly we are being fed on how amazing this cosplay is and the recognition it gets, the less interesting it becomes.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed it is most likely a massive turning point. But the build up and tension can be achieved with less. Having all the reactions made shorter would not have diminished readers emotions and understanding of the achievement Gojo and Marin reached.

Again, last chapter set up a cliffhanger with the tension between Marin and Gojo. I bet majority were expecting it to develop in this chapter. It did not.
Having a random mangaka and editor gushing over the cosplay for 18 pages achieves literally nothing that could’t have been conveyed in e.g. 5 pages.

The mangaka (Tokio) acknowledging Marins cosplay performance to the point of giving priase and retweet it is a huge development, just that it took too long to reach there. The build up was too longwinded, and reading through every comment here it feels like majority that are commenting are feeling the same way.

It’s not that we can’t appreciate good work, we criticise because the good work Fukuda usually does feels dragged out in this arc. I have nothing against monthly releases, but the plot should having a pacing suited for it as well.

A quote that I feel fits well here would be:

Less is more.

This arc feels the opposite; more is less. The more abundantly we are being fed on how amazing this cosplay is and the recognition it gets, the less interesting it becomes.
On this I simply disagree. It was appropriately paced for the consequential nature of it, and I was gripped by it. Sure, the wait is a bit much, but such is the nature of monthly releases. I'd rather not rush developments and emotional payoff due to the time between chapters. That would ruin it for re-reading or new readers. It seems the majority are missing the point and magnitude of the events of this chapter, preferring instead that this just ran straight towards the predictable romcom tropes and tick off the events leading to a confession. Personally, I'm glad that this has taken this direction, and I'm more than happy with the pacing of it giving it the gravity it deserved.

Dex-chan lover
It seems the majority are missing the point and magnitude of the events of this chapter, preferring instead that this just ran straight towards the predictable romcom tropes and tick off the events leading to a confession. Personally, I'm glad that this has taken this direction, and I'm more than happy with the pacing of it giving it the gravity it deserved.
You keep going on and on and on about the importance and magnitude of these chapters when the fact of the matter is that the entire reason we give a shit about this is because of Marin and Gojo.
The reason people care about this manga is because of Marin and Gojo, the people high up in the ladder recognizing their skills only matters because of how it will affect their relationship going forward. These two are the heart of the manga, without them there's no reason to care about any of this, and because their relationship has been out of focus for the last 2 arcs, we don't.
You don't need to sideline their relationship in order to set up big events that will happen later on in the story, ESPECIALLY if you're gonna end it on a rift between the two that we don't even have a proper explanation for, people have been proposing from Impostor Syndrome to Jealousy to "... So What Now?" Because we don't know yet.
Instead we are once again on this pretentious and self-indulgent wankfest about how the cosplay is "so good and awesome and epic and look it caused mass psychosis" that only erodes more and more my suspension of disbelief.
All this shit being set up is important, and logically we should be invested, but when Gojo and Marin's relationship -the heart of this manga, the reason we got invested and the reason we still care- gets sidelined over and over and over then we have no reason to, for all we know the next two chapters are gonna keep up with the Haniel jelqing and the third one is gonna focus on the side characters explaining some mumbo jumbo about cosplaying before we even get anything close to a resolution.

Dex-chan lover
btw everyone is right that the cosplay arcs are boring and that the only thing that's actually good and exciting and the reason we want to read in the first place is marin and gojour's relationship.

no one gives a single rat's rump about a dense 10 page explanation of some in-universe made up anime or eroge.

Double-page supporter
I'm guessing Gojo mistakenly thinking Marin is the only factor to the cosplays' successes, thinking his work is minor compared to how Marin transforms herself into the characters. Bro gotta remember that people DO recognize his insane talent. I wish I could sock the little shit in his face and remind him Sajuna NEEDED a cosplay made by him.

Calm down, dude.

Of course it's not literally impossible. It just happened. And people flock to the strangest things, so it's not even that far out something like that would happen.

The production team didn't understand the characters... So, Netflix?

Honestly, that's a classy retweet.

That's what I was thinking about.

Edit: I was going to respond to that imposter syndrome question, but 👆👇...
Not only Netflix, but Japanese production companies also have their moment. Some even drive the author to take their own life:

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/manga-artist-hinako-ashihara-suicide/

Users who are viewing this thread