Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 93

Fed-Kun's army
Can we please just get something other than cosplay preparations already... its been MONTHS with literally 0 development relationship wise. THIS IS STILL A ROMANCE MANGA GOD DAMN IT!!! GIVE US THE JUICE!!!!!
You gotta be kidding me, he is focus. Gojo got no time for romance.
Everytime romance happen its only from marin side, one side crush.

Double-page supporter
Alright; thanks to you, now I think that the "Cosplaying as Nuns from the Horror Game" arc wasn't a complete waste of an arc
When it comes to any form of media, especially those with editors working on them, you have to always assume that any bit of information that is given to you serves a purpose of some kind

That purpose may be hidden and/or feed to some kind of bigger picture (just like in this case) that people may miss (like many in this comment section somehow) but all pieces of information have a purpose if they are given to you

There are cases were those pieces of informations may exist but end up not being used due to the creator(s) possibly just forgetting about them or not finding way to use them in the way that they want but usually, if it's there, it's to serve a narrative purpose of some kind within the story

Dex-chan lover
deep sigh, i admire people who gets to enjoy this slow burn.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
how on the nose the author has been about the Gojou's entire character arc, clearly hinting at all that he lacks and all his flaws
Yes, it's very obvious. I agree with that. So obvious that the author could've condensed or cut out large parts of it without losing anything of value. That's the problem here.

Your entire focus on "Where is muh romance" is just missing the entire point of the arc, especially when the manga isn't just about romance in the first place
What focus? Provide a quote where I request more romance, or admit you're making crap up for the sake of insults.

And you saying that this arc "ain't about cosplay"
If you're going to quote me, quote me properly. Show me exactly where I said that. Or again, admit you're lying.

and how until now he had yet to understand that he can draw knowledge from things that wouldn't be considered "cosplay knowledge" so to speak
I covered that already.

Dex-chan lover
Best chapter in awhile. This is another breakthrough on Gojou's path to self acceptance. All the things which held him back; his tunnel vision, his stiff craftsmanship, his perfectionism, and his lack of self confidence. This revelation is the first huge step he's taken to acknowledge his flaws and acknowledge his strengths, and start to grow.

So now it's go time! Let's make this cosplay that's been wrecking his diet and mental health. And maybe instead of thinking "I'm not good enough" he'll start thinking "The beautiful girl who's been right next to me is important and I want to be with her forever."

Dex-chan lover
This felt cheap. He just stumbles onto something that will be perfect for the costume instead of actually, properly accepting his inadequacies.

He starts off talking about his lack of experience, and then his solution comes out of his own experiences. The author could've just had Wakana make a perfectly good costume. Good. Not absolutely perfect and awe-inspiring. Just good would be fine.

But nope. The author just ignores all of what was just written. It's like if a really careless person finally starts to accept that being careless is a problem, and then the story just rewards the person for being careless. It's not good writing.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter went from promising to a complete waste of time.

Had the outcome of his internal monologue been "I simply can't do this until I stop being a shut-in" it would had been one hell of character development, but nope, turns out the answer was inside him all the time!!!!!!11111
inside his house, too.

Double-page supporter
This felt cheap. He just stumbles onto something that will be perfect for the costume instead of actually, properly accepting his inadequacies.
While it does feel cheap due to the execution that didn't pan that well, the fact that he would stumble upon it was going to happen anyway since Gojou got knowledge of that fabric

The reason why Gojou beats himself up due to his "lack of knowledge" is much more due to his lack confidence in himself that makes him spiral down and beat himself up for not remembering what he is supposed to know/what he supposedly encountered before

You have to remember that this cosplay is pretty much an obsession of his now, especially he was the one that proposed to do it in the first place, knowingly setting off against Haniel's creator's very expectations that "No one will be able to recreate his work, and that in any form" (paraphrasing here but that's the kind of expectations he got)

Gojou's perfectionism that we know of since the very first chapter (with the hina doll head) and the very first cosplay he did was always there, the added expectations he has for himself and this work only just accelerated him spiralling out of control and beating himself up for thinking he could take on such a challenge that no one could before

And then there is reason why this knowledge of his was locked out in his mind, it's due to his perception of what is and isn't cosplay, and of what is and isn't craftmanship, and now he finally starts to open up on this greater scale that he had yet to even think off

After all, he still has yet to not be troubled when it comes to mixing his knowledge of various fields as he keeps them compartilazed from one another and think of them as things that shouldn't be mixed together and that's exactly why Gramps sent him into that "adventure", for him to gain an open mind and see that hina doll craftsmanship, if not just craftsmanship in general, isn't just of one kind but instead different kinds, technics and methods mixed together

While it may feel cheap now, the payoff we will get from the final of this arc will definitively be great, especially when it comes to Gojou's growth

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Yes, it's very obvious. I agree with that. So obvious that the author could've condensed or cut out large parts of it without losing anything of value. That's the problem here.
No, the fact that it is obvious definitively doesn't warrant being skipped over, because for Gojou to grow from it, he needs to be put through the wringer and to make us, the public, understand and especially feel the pain that creators of all kind go through to create their work, we have to go through the wringer alongside Gojou

What focus? Provide a quote where I request more romance, or admit you're making crap up for the sake of insults.
On that, I was saying "you" as in the many people in this thread, I'm on my phone so replies are hard and I may fucked that one up somehow, I will admit that much

If you're going to quote me, quote me properly. Show me exactly where I said that. Or again, admit you're lying.
I covered that already
The exact quote is as follow "So get on with the cosplay already, then. This isn't cosplay. It's barely even preparing cosplay. It's thinking about preparing cosplay, and it's been going on for much too long."

The creative process for cosplay is still part of cosplaying, especially when you do them yourself so taking that away and calling it "Not cosplay" is goddamn ridiculous

And please, don't speak of misquotting people when you definitively did it to try to dismiss my point about this arc being about Gojou's understanding and vision of what is and isn't cosplay and the knowledge that he allows himself to draw from to do his work as a costume maker for Marin's cosplays

As for it taking "too long" (the pacing was on point for what it set off to achieve), i already explained that in length in previous comments as well as this one so I'm sure you will find the answer eventually

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While it does feel cheap due to the execution that didn't pan that well,
I think that's the problem with it. The execution isn't particularly good. The overall message isn't bad, but the pacing is bad, and the individual pages feel off in a way that makes him look dumb rather than insecure about his own abilities.

While it may feel cheap now, the payoff we will get from the final of this arc will definitively be great, especially when it comes to Gojou's growth
The journey vs the goal. A story needs to have both down pat, not just one of them.

No, the fact that it is obvious definitively doesn't warrant being skipped over, because for Gojou to grow from it, he needs to be put through the wringer and to make us, the public, understand and especially feel the pain that creators of all kind go through to create their work alongside Gojou
I don't mean it should be skipped over, but that it should be shorter and perhaps less blunt. He already has been shown struggling for a while now, so even more of it isn't needed to nail down the point. This is especially important for a manga that doesn't have long chapters as well as releases rarely. The medium of the story is important to consider, and this makes it feel more like padding than adding value to the story.

On that, I was saying "you" as in the many people in this thread, I'm on my phone so replies are hard and I may fucked that one up somehow, I will admit that much
Fair enough if it was a mistake. But don't insult people because you disagree with their enjoyment of a story.

The exact quote is as follow "So get on with the cosplay already, then. This isn't cosplay. It's barely even preparing cosplay. It's thinking about preparing cosplay, and it's been going on for much too long."

The creative process for cosplay is still part of cosplaying, especially when you do them yourself so taking that away and calling it "Not cosplay"
I could agree to disagree on that. I separated them because it's a bit too far from actually accomplishing anything, and too close to navel gazing. It was also about someone who said it was about cosplay, not romance, and I responded that even the cosplay was missing.

Most of it is about his character, not cosplay. By this I mean you could have the exact same arc with something other than cosplay. I don't think it's bad to focus on his mental development, but as I mentioned, it does take away from the other aspects of the manga, especially when it drags on like this for very little reason.

And please, don't speak of misquotting
I'll stop speaking about it when you stop doing it.

I often cut down quotes so they're not huge blocks of text, but I don't respond only to the part I left in out of context. I don't dismiss things by misquoting; I do it by arguing.

Users who are viewing this thread