Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
thank you for your translation up until now :D now, gg's, yet another manga goes into the list of "manga I never will finish because official translation is expensive af, and never comes to my country", RIP. also, the official will catch up before long? if vol.3 is out in december? which means it will almost take a year for it to catch up. that is long imo, lol XD

Fed-Kun's army
https://mangadex.org/title/21906/kirei-ni-shitemoraemasuka Has been abandoned for a while if you're looking for comfy stuff to translate.

Well...

Thanks to the scanlators for the quality of the work they put out. I respect that, this group brought a lot to us readers. So I can’t thank them enough. Doing all this stuff is easier said than done.

And yes, it sucks bigtime. I like this manga enough to not forget about it years after. Even if I could swallow the higher price, custom fees to the EU make things 2-3x more expensive than what they’d normally be. But situations like this leave me with no other choice than to double down and learn Japanese. That way I can read raws without the fear of manga being dropped on a sudden notice. There will be a long road ahead of me. But frustration can be a damn good motivator to do something.

Thank fuck I know Japanese. Love this manga so much, I would've probably just jumped from my window.

what about the people who cant get the manga but likes to read it in English ?

i hate swathing to my second langue

Fed-Kun's army
>official translation
Neat
>SquareEnix

WD0PzeJ.png

To everyone complaining about the availability of the official manga, Book Depository has free shipping world-wide (shipping from the UK).

https://www.bookdepository.com/My-Dress-up-Darling-1/9781646090327

Dex-chan lover
Welp can't get it in my country so fuck me I guess I can't read this manga ever again.

Be sure to support the author. Buy a volume today, each copy is $0.01 that goes to the author while the rest is given to a company that gets paid to butcher the original.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for your work... guess it's time to learn Japanese a little more seriously.

Really, the US releases are practically unavailable in my country (they are either region-locked as in case of Amazon Prime for anime market or just extremely pricey), the "quality" of local releases is utter garbage in most cases (it's almost became memetic already for a local official anime streaming site) or the chance of them picking such titles is close to zero, there is no official intermational digital manga aggregators (I only know about Crunchyroll collection being available for intermational customers, but their amount of manga titles is infinitesimally low), and even the quality of "localised" English releases sometimes is a complete shit, especially if someone in the publishing is a SJW, like it was with Funimation for many, many times already. Really, the publishers are doing their best to promote what could be called piracy legal-wise. There are exceptions, and a nice ones, such as employing fan translators for visual novel releases, as it was with Key/Visual Arts and other companies, but they are still what it looks like - an exception.

Will wait for another group to pick this up, hopefully, there will be one.

Someone else should pick this up, fuck waiting two years for the official translation

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Thanks fpr translating it up to now. :)

Fed-Kun's army
@PZenith
It's 13$ per volume + custom taxes for incoming shippings in my country + some other expenses = it will be at least 20$ for me for ONE volume. I have money, but I do not have American salary and the will to feed the hungry publisher, mail service and everyone else in this goddamn chain. The monthly bills in my country for water, electricity, etc. are 60-80$ total for me, and there are a lot of people thinking it's expensive, you can guess average salary here where I live in CIS. Regular manga releases from local publishers here in my city can be found for common mangas for around 3-5$, and if I buy the WHOLE Sono Bisque... manga directly from Japan it will be overall cheaper for me than this one volume. No, I'm deadly serious, you can always check the price tags online. And I'm seriously considering just order my favourite mangas en masse directly from Japan as soon as I will have the place for them being ready for use. I'm willing and ready to pay, I'm already have several subscriptions for various services, but only after I will see the normal price tag for the release. Right now even top Japanese titles in Steam are cheaper for me than this (hell, I bought NieR:Automata and Utawarerumono recently, and even it still was cheaper!) - can someone explain how it could be cheaper to produce a PC port of a console game (per copy) than to release just one volume of manga?

P.S. Oh, and I checked their ToS now - they do not ship to Russia and CIS (as well as many other countries). It's just as I said.

pretty sure someone with balls gonna pick this up even tho it got licensed

Dex-chan lover
@Kekitus @Jmann Trust me, I've seen plenty of series never get picked up again. I've also seen some never even have a localization to look around for, or ones that never end up having that scanned for other websites. This doesn't make some of the comments in here less over dramatic about it.

There's also things that could be done to help, at least more than "woe is me, this group cut and ran and my country is terrible to buy manga in." Read anything by a group that recently mentioned in one of their credit pages that they're looking for other things to work on? That happens sometimes, maybe they'll be interested. There are some groups out there that are pretty much all about picking up things others have already dropped or have never picked up at all for so long they've already finished in the country of origin. Not that I remember their names offhand, I'm particularly bad with names, but somebody in here might know one or two of them.

Hell, go pretend you're gonna pick this up in front of one of the "sniper" groups. They'll jump on it lickity split. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Can't wait to either have a shitscan group pick this up or the official releases never catch up to the Japanese ones.

it's unfortunate, but damn, I'll miss this manga. I don't get paid enough to be able to buy US price for books or mangas. I do hope that a local publisher will pick up this series, although that's very unlikely or gonna be heavily censored.

Users who are viewing this thread