Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru

Dex-chan lover
Raw is up to 54 now, so I hope the translation for them can come out soon at least :d

Group Leader
I'm only at chapter 19, discovered this earlier today.
This is soooooo good, man, it keeps tearing such good laughs out of me ! It's really nice, I absolutely love the main thread depicting how passionate you can be about a hobby and how nice it is to share it with others, I hope more people can feel the way this manga wants you to !

edit: did Kana, French editor, really translate the title as "Sexy Cosplay Doll" ? I'm tired of them...

Dex-chan lover
Dropped. This was nice at the beginning and the character of Marin was quite lively, but this is going in circles for 30 chapters now at least. The author should have avoided adding all the time one-dimensional characters to the point that I can't even now figure out who's talking among the girls, they all look alike. And in this crowd, Gojou has become quite boring, only his interaction with Marin was fun.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
wasted my time reading this. there's literally no progress between gojou and marin and so little romance. they are too focused on cosplaying but that's the story theme so. also this gojou as a mc is kinda lame. i prefer the better gojo with marin. the blindfolded one with powers xD.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dropped. This was at the begining and the character of Marin was quite lively, but this is going in circles for 30 chapters now at least. The author should have avoid adding all the time one-dimensional characters to the point that I can't even now figure out who's talking among the girls, they all look alike. And in this crowd, Gojou has become quite boring, only his interaction with Marin was fun.
Agreed 100%. There was actual progress in their relationship in the first chapters but now it's just "make a costume -> cosplay -> make a costume" cycle. Ig it'd be interesting for the cosplay nerds out there, but I personally just hate it. Nothing impactful and/or actually meaningful has happened in the last 40 chapters or so. The MCs' relationship is just stuck. All the new characters have the same look to the point I don't even remember how many of them there're. Ngl, if nothing of note happens in the next 5-10 chapters I'm dropping this manga. This cycle of boringness is too much for me to handle.

Agreed 100%. There was actual progress in their relationship in the first chapters but now it's just "make a costume -> cosplay -> make a costume" cycle. Ig it'd be interesting for the cosplay nerds out there, but I personally just hate it. Nothing impactful and/or actually meaningful has happened in the last 40 chapters or so. The MCs' relationship is just stuck. All the new characters have the same look to the point I don't even remember how many of them there're. Ngl, if nothing of note happens in the next 5-10 chapters I'm dropping this manga. This cycle of boringness is too much for me to handle.
You think this is bad... Rent a Girlfriend is worse.

I hate this whole "April's fool's" shit.
Why people think it's funny to waste the time of a whole lot of people with unfunny stuff?

It is getting boring for sure, adding too many characters at once not a good idea, I can't remember who is who already mainly because the side characters a bit bland.

Why are there are 2 competing scanlation groups, who drop chapters within an hour of each other when there is already an official release that keeps up with the raws. Its legit translations too, not mtls, its such a shame to see all that effort being pissed away.

Double-page supporter
MC's behavior is starting to irritate me. Whenever he encounters someone or something that would progress his fit into society one step further, he immediately take two step backwards for no reason at all. No one abolutely no one for 50+ chapters ridiculed him for his passion except that little twerp at first chapter and everyone around him is supportive and understanding as cute as a button, so why there is no progress with his mental attitude and always edgy. Is it really this easy to traumatize someone like that so much with one word that he cant get past this for 10+ years.
Yeah. Maybe he's on the autism spectrum. For me, that makes me a bit obsessive. It can give me incredible focus when trying to solve a problem, but it can also drive me into the ground without a way out.

Gojou developed a fundamental belief in his being unacceptable, except within the narrow world of Hina dolls. This means that his place in life can only be secured through perfection in making dolls. Marin is a kind of doll, and so still fits into that framework. But she is actually a person, and through her he is only now getting some alternative perspective.

The things that Marin considers important, such as significant dates (confessing on a 'special day') don't have an impact on Gojou, which can put her in the position of the one who puts in all the effort in the relationship. That can become old pretty quickly, unless Gojou can figure out how to fake it for her sake.

Autism is a bit like being an alien from another planet. Or like being a psychopath. He might never easily feel the things that Marin is trying to draw out of him, but he might be able to come close out of devotion.

This manga started ok, but lately, I hate to say it - it's trash & borderline cringe. Any more of this and I'll have to drop it.

If by the end, Marin doesn't cosplays as a hina doll and fucks Gojou's brains out, I'm gonna be real sad.

Users who are viewing this thread