Sono Monban, Saikyou Nitsuki: Tsuihou Sareta Bougyo Ryoku 9999 no Senshi, Outo no Monban Toshite Musou Suru - Ch. 26.2

Dex-chan lover
Humans being pieces of shit. Nothing new. Although, wasn't the Light Orb what keeps the Demons in check? Shouldn't other countries be supporting them in defending it? Or does it only protect their country?

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
"No way"? Your country was literally attacked by an army of demons for that exact reason not long ago, why is it surprising that other humans might be interested as well? :questionblob:
I guess the Light Orb is the methapor for "oil fields" in this story.

Lot of different factions will keep trying to find excuses to invade the kingdom to get their hands on it.

Dex-chan lover
"No way"? Your country was literally attacked by an army of demons for that exact reason not long ago, why is it surprising that other humans might be interested as well? :questionblob:
Mostly because it's not really useful. It kind of just sits there and paints a big target on your back. And you need to dedicate a special person to taking care of it as well.
My guess is, they considered MC's country not strong enough to protect the orb, so they wanted to protect it themselves. Now that the king has been impressed by the border guard's strength, he decided to leave the protection of the orb to them.

Alternatively, they want that mysterious amnesiac girl who joined MC's party recently. Maybe she is The Chosen One? Or the one destined to unleash the demon lord?

Edit: Version 3: When their king said "destroy this place", he meant the bridge they were standing on. For some arcane reason only a king of a sorcerer kingdom would understand.

Last edited:
How is this not a declaration of war? They were trying to invade
They probably consider this as skirmish not invasion just to avoid full blown war since they already fighting demons and i think they want to and doesn't have the resource to go to war with other people.

Mostly because it's not really useful. It kind of just sits there and paints a big target on your back. And you need to dedicate a special person to taking care of it as well.
My guess is, they considered MC's country not strong enough to protect the orb, so they wanted to protect it themselves. Now that the king has been impressed by the border guard's strength, he decided to leave the protection of the orb to them.

Alternatively, they want that mysterious amnesiac girl who joined MC's party recently. Maybe she is The Chosen One? Or the one destined to unleash the demon lord?

Edit: Version 3: When their king said "destroy this place", he meant the bridge they were standing on. For some arcane reason only a king of a sorcerer kingdom would understand.
All version are makes sense, especially the 3th ones. Remember they said that in order to attack MC's country, people from other side of the river need to use the bridge? Well the inverse is also true. With how close MC's country taken by demons, destroying the bridge is a good way to delay or stop demon invasion all together if for any reason MC's country fall to demons.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't the light orb also have wish granting abilities? I feel like they mentioned it once but they keep retconning it every other chapter so who really knows what the light McGuffin does.

Users who are viewing this thread