Sore wa Rei no Shiwaza desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Special Day, Part 2

Dex-chan lover
... Why do I have the feeling that the ghost is the embodiment of bored readers...

Fed-Kun's army
I fuckin love that ghost, it's all I would be in the world of this manga.

Thank you so much for the chapter πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Double-page supporter
What's up with Japan's love for the trope of shitty, pervy little kids who take advantage of their youth? It's fucking creepy how the kids are so aware of what they do, they're more like adults who're stuck in a children's body. Japanese mangakas are fucking weird as fuck.

So many mangas repeat a lot of shitty tropes that are frustrating to read, I don't know why they do it. Do people really like such tropes? Like another trope that I see quite often is if they want to make a manga "dark," it's always rape. Female characters always getting raped in these "dark" mangas, and I think that's lazy trope usage and also distasteful. Also, how often they tend to sexualize young girls, and every young girl either has a brother complex or a father complex. Is this the result of a repressed society? lol

@goodhunter Well, Japan clearly likes these tropes. I don't think mangakas care about the sensibilities of their audience outside of their country, especially for people who read here. I mean, we're not paying for these things.

Double-page supporter
@cjyniz well then that just further reinforces what I said about there being something wrong about Japan's society and people then if that's what their Japanese audience really seeks out, and the mangakas in turn as well. Not saying that other countries don't have their own share of messed up shit from society, but imo people seem to ignore the negative sides of Japan and only focus on the flashy side of Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread