Site: Sort/Filter on Follows > Library

It would be great to be able to do following stuff in Follows > Library:
  • sort titles in the library, by title, rating, number of bookmarks/readers, number of comments, number of unread chapters, etc.
  • filter titles in the library, by tag, publication status, having unread chapters, etc.
BTW There is a similar request related to Follows > Updates (Site: Filter on Follows Updates), but I think it's better to keep them separate.

Upvote 43
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Fed-Kun's army
I'd like to be able to sort by rating, so I can check that my ratings are consistent, find the ones I haven't rated yet, and find my absolute favourites easily.

Filtering by tags would be nice too, but maybe it would be easier to modify Advanced Search to add a "title is already in my library" option?

Please at least give us a way to sort by name. It is super annoying to browse through several pages of items you plan to read whenever and you still can't find anything because it is sorted by whatever weird thing.

They have to do something. What is the current library even sorted by? It is super weird that you have to browse through every page of your library to find a manga your're not remembering the name of because it could be anywhere on any side. Not even sorted by name.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen mentioned that it's "planned", but it's been ages since the new site came online and something as crucial as sorting and searching in one's own library is still missing. When can we expect the functionality to be implemented. At this point, it's only useful if a series updates regularly. It'd be impossible to find old stuff that's been axed, completed, or on hiatus.

Last edited:
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
After the customList rework releases, since it involves the library, alas, there isn't much else that has been said, they didn't do any work on the current version of the library because they wanted to do this complete rework, and unfortunately based on how there hasn't been a mention of the customlist when people have asked for sorting or searching of the library makes me think that it's not coming in the initial release but later, but at least shouldn't have to wait the amount of time we've been waiting for said lists in the first place though (:poppray:) :haa:

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if anyone else has previously mentioned this but I would love to have the option to sort my Library of followed manga based off of what I've rated them. I always fin myself wondering what some of the manga i've read I've rated best but with the current Library system it's just too much of a slough to search through.

Going to bump this thread instead of creating a new topic because "more of the same."

Sorting by TITLE. By Author. By Artist. That is basic functionality and should have been available at release. Priorities.
Worry about making the site prettier, later.

Contributor
Going to bump this thread instead of creating a new topic because "more of the same."

Sorting by TITLE. By Author. By Artist. That is basic functionality and should have been available at release. Priorities.
Worry about making the site prettier, later.
Priorities are exactly why it hasn't been done. Stuff like this is "quality of life" and is pretty low priority compared to more functional features.

I have no idea how the MangaDex reader sorts a library, but the current set up SUX. What I do know is that the (apparently) utterly random and nonsensical sort order that is currently being used for libraries is absolutely meaningless to anyone who wants to keep their collection of manga in an orderly manner.

Seriously, sorting by title should be the default sorting of any library. I shouldn't have to manually scroll through X number of pages to find a title I want to read. A sort by author and a sort by artist would be useful, and I could see a sort by genre, or sort by publication date, but let's at least get the titles straightened out.

Thanks!

OH! And while your dev team is at it - Add a tracking cookie or whatever, so that it marks that dadgum Scammer Warning page as "read", and doesn't pop that up every single time you sign in to your account. It can't be that hard.

Priorities are exactly why it hasn't been done. Stuff like this is "quality of life" and is pretty low priority compared to more functional features.
That isn't "quality of life", it's User Experience, and the current User Experience with the library is shoddy, at best.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
OH! And while your dev team is at it - Add a tracking cookie or whatever, so that it marks that dadgum Scammer Warning page as "read", and doesn't pop that up every single time you sign in to your account. It can't be that hard.
That already exists, in the local storage however, so stop clearing your site data all the time.

Just double checked in an incognito tab, showed up the first time but not the second time i logged in.

That already exists, in the local storage however, so stop clearing your site data all the time.

Just double checked in an incognito tab, showed up the first time but not the second time i logged in.
I clear cookies, cache and history periodically, and I expect to re-log and get the warning after doing that. I don't clear my site data after a single session, it's not necessary since I typically use a private window.

But even when I am using a regular tab, in Firefox, if I log out (not just close the tab), and come back later, I get the Scammer Warning. Ditto in the private window.

Dex-chan lover
I clear cookies, cache and history periodically, and I expect to re-log and get the warning after doing that. I don't clear my site data after a single session, it's not necessary since I typically use a private window.
probably some plugin is interfering with local storage, the last time I saw the warning was on December when my main PC OS drive died and I replaced it, I also use an old laptop and the warning is not visible since the original login warning like a year ago.

I asked this before from you long ago in Twitter i think, why do you guys don't add the feature to display or sort our Manga in the library (My follows) like the feature (Sort/Order by) which found in open filters in search section. Or something like that.

Many of us don't like that random sort of things which our Manga collection looks like, i prefer if i could sort my Manga collection by

- Recently added, so the newest Manga/Manhwa always on top. Which i prefer, makes it easy to reach.

(-i'am not talking about the recently added chapter, i mean sort it by recently added manga to my collection in my library. I'am not talking about any chapters here, the manga itself.. The time i add/follow it or The time that the manga itself added to MangaDex database which easier -).

Some prefer

• Title Ascending/Descending
  • Highest Rating
  • Most Follows
  • Year Ascending/Descending

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread