Sorting Titles by publishing date

Hello everyone reading this post.

I hope I don't start a thread about something that's already been discussed about a lot, but I couldn't find anything related to this content anywhere (past 10 pages on the section suggestions).

I just feel odd that I can't sort titles by their #number (I'm guessing it's their publication number on mangadex). Maybe I can but i didn't achieve it. It may not be really relevant, but it triggers me seeing theses numbers and not being able to see them in order.

Dex-chan lover
Being able to sort by manga ID is planned, so you can get your freak on whenever it ends up being implemented

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Just to clarify, the ID number on MD has no real relation to the publication date of the title itself, half of them are inherited from Batoto and the other half are just the order they were added to the site itself.

Actually it's my bad for not being clear in the first place. I just though what I meant was obvious, common mistake I make quite often, thinking everyone can understand the thinking process of everyone ...

When I said I wanted to be able to sort titles from their ID number, it was because I was also in a way interested about the way they were implemented to MD (assuming the numbers were about the title's 'publication' dates here). Not that I'm a historian or sometings.

But I just explained it through the primary feeling that I have when I try to sort titles and can't get it a chronological way, from the first implemented title to the most recent one or vice-versa.

I planned to be short about it but ended up not explaining myself well enough to be understood mb haha 😅

I read it more than once but as I said I might just not have understood it. Now that it is clear that what I was asking for is planned to be implemented there is no reason to keep discussing about it here longer, thx tho

Users who are viewing this thread