Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Draht

@danberhe nah why would I take the L? I’m not here for a win, and neither were the people who were just expressing their qualms about the portrayal of demons here. I’m just calling shitheads like you out.

Any other 100% predictions sport?

@stereophobic
How are you people so upset that a demon is a bad guy through and through? No wonder the people in the manga are falling for their tricks when in real life you guys can't even accept them as pure evil when they're absolutely with no shadow of a doubt shown to be evil.

Wow, came to see why the comment section is so big just to find out its stupid comments about politics/racism shit equating demons to real life people.

On the topic of the manga though, was hilarious when the demon said he didn't know what a father was right after his talk.

I'm honestly really happy to see a female protagonist that doesn't need to be lewded in order to be a good protagonist. Frieren is a fairly complex character, for how one-dimensional her personality seems. I really like her a lot and I hope to see this get serialized in West so I can properly support it.

Double-page supporter
Frieren is not a damsel in need of rescuing. She can rescue herself, not that she was ever in danger to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
it's called blue and orange morality, and that's a take not usually done in these settings where it's mostly black and white or both sides being gray

The manga has clearly stated that demons are a different species from humans and eats humans. They have developed skills to more easily hunt humans and ya'll trying to justify demons are misunderstood????

Bruh??? This aint Tokyo Ghoul??????? There are no half demon species. If there were they would 100% be psychopaths that cannot be helped or taught empathy.

Freiren truly the OP female protag I have been waiting for.

Supporter
I feel like this is the power difference between regular humans and the HERO PARTY.

That tell you about how gruesome the war must had been.

Aggregator gang
On the topic of the manga though, was hilarious when the demon said he didn't know what a father was right after his talk.
@riku_93 i think people are reading this wrong way, since he knows what it means well enough to use it to deescalate the situation

but when it comes to explaining he probably doesnt care or know how

@Porg

After thinking again, yeah, that is probably it as the demon used the word father instead of son when it was the human's son that died. The demon could of said he had a son too that died but didn't.

Also, not using their names as I can't remember it.

c1

"Demons are evil."
"NOOO ARGH THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING, THE CREATURES THAT REPRESENT THE PERSONIFICATION OF EVIL HAVE TO ACTUALLY BE JUST ANOTHER RACE TRYING TO SURVIVE, AAAARGHHH WHY ISN'T THIS LIKE ALL THE OTHER MANGA"

Dex-chan lover
Go, Frieren, go! Holy shit. This is excellent writing. She did not hesitate for a single moment. That is what I don't like about heroes and villains in most forms of literature: they monologue way too much during a fight, and give their opponent the time to think for absolutely no reason.

Dex-chan lover
@c1
That's kinda the thing that baffles me. How come a race that is absolutely unlike humanity, can have a human trait like "band together under a strict hierarchy, have discipline, and thus, form an army"?
I'm not saying these characters aren't definitively evil, but that it comes off as absolutely bizarre that "intelligent wild beasts" can have its own society. To start with, if they don't even have the mere concept of "a family", how can they form groups to function within? Concepts such as loyalty, payback, sympathy, etc, that are required for one to function in a group. It sounds like every single demon is a natural lone wolf, that may cooperate if they face enough resistance, but nothing on the sheer scale of subterfuge and forming a militia.
I find "demons" like in Claymore to be more believable; powerful beings that are absolutely true to their desires and needs, with very little sophistication on top of it all. Groups are formed mostly through coincidence (the weak live in the strong's territory), rather than serve under a unified, single banner.

People really worrying about "wow, human-like demons that can group themselves in a society are truly evil? so lame, thats not very woke from you author-san" like bruh, why everyone needs to find a twist on everything? we still dont know where this is going and even if at the end they are just "evil" and nothing more, thats fine.
The story itself told us that Demons know that Humans see value on things like emotions, words and bonds, they ARE aware that the more Demons resemble Humans, the harder is for Humans to go against them, this very chapter prove it, thats how they fight. At the end, its not that they are just evil either, they just are NOT humans. Thats the main source of the problem in this "arc", demons, even if look like humans and behave like them, are NOT humans, and thats what the people in the manga (and the comments) forget, they all are falling into their trap, only Frieren who is as old as many other demons is aware of their true nature. is there gonna be a twist? we dont know, its too early for us to tell what exactly author-san is trying to tell us with this arc or how this gonna affect Frieren. The only thing we know is that Frieren knows that Demons want everything but peace and the same demons confirmed it this chapter, yet people are tryng to find something else from it.
Draht said that he wanted to finish off Freiren cuz thats what Lugner wanted, (its just that Draht seems like a young? demon and went by his own to finish her) so at least we know that Freiren is at least kinda right about her suspicions and thats why the demons wanna get rid of her.
Edit: My non-english speaking ass messed up some words, so Im sorry for broken english

Everybody arguing about the true nature of demons and stuff while I'm just here like:

HELL YEAH BADASS FRIEREN TIME!

@Trexxe
Ah, I think they are simply ... hopeless, as Frieren said.
The demon probably didn't think that killing the guard and Frieren would compromise the deal, just as the demon girl didn't think killing the village chief would compromise her relationship with the village.
They don't really understand humans, after all, they only mimic them on a superficial level.

Users who are viewing this thread