Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Scales of Obedience

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64 the scales are her magic, a demon devotes their entire life to mastering one single kind of magic, for Aura it was subservience magic for the demon king it was something else

Group Leader
@Qelix she killed the demon king lmao. did you think she was gonna lose her? obviously her winning or losing wasn't the point. This isn't a shounen.

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64 maybe, they could just be a completely ordinary pair of scales, either way the power is entirely in her spell

I really love how some people thought there was going to be a personal conflict between Frieren and Aura, but in the end it was just a quick fight.
I think people are too used to shonen fights where in the end the MC and the current rival / villain / antagonist get into some moral / ideal fight to know which one is right and which one deserves to win.
But this manga goes straight to the point, there was no moral conflict during this "vs Aura and co." arc, only the hero party against the demons. Every time the manga explained how the demons / Frieren acted it was only to show the difference between them, not to see which one is correct. In the end, this manga is about Frieren trying to understand humans, not to change her view of demons.
PD: I love how Frieren didnt even saw how Aura killed herself, when she made the order she was already facing the other way lmao

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! 😲

Props to mangaka for sustaining a character focused, low key narrative that packs gut punches.

Supporter
YOOOOO BRUH

Love to see frieren give a bit of an idea of how old she actually is and man I'm not disappointed. So savage "Aura, kill yourself" bringing kys to a whole new level

Users who are viewing this thread