Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - Elven Wish

Dex-chan lover
Whenever someone reacts with a silent smile, I'm always reminded of the professor in author's previous work. uwu

the comment section is divided this far in:
*Dumb elves didn't had sex in half a year after meeting now talk about racially asexual
*So, Himbo monk left? :(
*"We will never meet again" -meet the next episode-
*then, no legal loli in elf standards? *rages*

Dex-chan lover
y'all really wanted them to bone smh. people are allowed to not be attracted to each other. plus elves don't seem to really mind the idea of their race going extinct anyway.

Dex-chan lover
goddamn imagining how old that monk is is making my head spin. I really love the elves perspective on life!

Dex-chan lover
Abe chan fears that the future of Japan kind will be similar to Elf kind.

Please ease Abe chan’s fear by reproducing

Dex-chan lover
Snowmen! Again! They're guarding spirits of the series!
I'll start with German so that I won't forget later. Kraft=force, strength (as in "capability to work")
Stark you ignorant bum! Ch. 4 p. 18.
Also, dayum, Fern is so beautiful at page 3
Also, don't show page 4 to Sandrovich-sensei's fans. They'll just barge in and drown comment section with their love of squats
Page 8 is a masterpiece. You can simply get it out of context and give to anyone who knows that manga is read right to left.
Also, lol, author knows about :thinking: emoji
Here should be comment about Fern at page 9 thinking of losing her potential husband to gay force, but I'm not that smart to pull this joke through
And here we go again with flash-forward page. Fern left without a blanket is funny. Stark training not so bad, too. But the most I like how in just one panel author shows how Fern and Kraft got along. Wew, yet another half-a-year...poor Fern...
Kraft made Fern the same amulet as he has. So wholesome.
And this dialogue. Frieren is truly a small and clueless youth. Flamme already told her that a thousand years ago. You see, guys, even living 1000 years and killing demon lord doesn't make you an adult.
Though this phrase about "great accomplishments and acts of justice" sounds a little too pompous.
And flashback with Heiter. Yeah, talking about being pure and richeous while drinking beer is good joke. Also, the fact that Heiter noticed Frieren limiting mana is very interesting. As we remember, Aura failed. In the end, what matters is not how skillful you are, but how much you observe (I mean, Heiter is not that great as a priest, right?). If Aura observed Frieren only few hours during their battle, and maybe few hours during their previous battle, of course she wouldn't notice.
And also, Heiter's prophecy came true, he left Fern after himself. When I found it in comments, it blew up my mind
I think Frieren will meet Kraft again in the very last chapter. She will tell him about the adventures she had in the meantime, and what she understood. Oof
All in all, it was interesting show of elven race way of thinking. Like "oh, we're not completely extinct yet? What a surprise, duh. Can't care less". Also, how Kraft even didn't notice Frieren and hero party killing the demon king. According to Flamme's comment back then, demon king lived long and made a huge impact to all the continent during his life. In this case, his death should be memorable. Still, Kraft doesn't give a big meaning to Hero party at all. I wonder, how much did he do even before Flamme...no, before Frieren was born.
And still, after all these years, after all these unnumerable years, Kraft got this wish. To not pass away into nothing. That makes me think of many things.

Aggregator gang
I wonder how old fern is by bow. but damn, this series never fails to amaze me.

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64 "great accomplishments and acts of justice" might not be overly pompous, depending on the greatness of his accomplishments and acts of justice!

It's likely Heiter realized the true potential Frieren had when he saw her in actual combat, where she had to unleash her mana fully. From there, it's a small step to suppose she must be hiding it at all other times.

Users who are viewing this thread