Denken ("second-class mage Denken") - to think
Frieren - to freeze
Stark - strong
Eisen - Iron
Himmel - Sky/Heaven
Kühl ("Kühl region") - cool/cold
Äußerst - extremely/outermost
Fern - far

aah, this could be read wrongly so: I still like them, they are just a bit weird for someone who knows the language

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, although we've only just met them, I ship those two. Looking forward to seeing what Frieren's group does.

Dex-chan lover
More like a Formula 1 engine bird, I hope the author give us the bird spec, I want to know how fast it accelerate

Dex-chan lover
I like how each German name is a metaphorical representation (sometimes with a stretch, sometimes very subtle) of the characters' personality and/or role in the story, with that very Japanese way of interpreting words.
Lawine (avalanche) is a very appropriate name for someone who coldly says what's on her mind with no thought of others in a rather mean/destructive way. And Kanne (can) for someone who closes herself, and prefers to sit idly, feeling empty and do nothing when she's not being praised.
Also Lawine kicked the Kanne.

I find it funny that the Stille bird (Silence) can break the sound barrier when in danger. I see what you did there author.

Dex-chan lover
Did he really just say anything goes? And this exam is only held once every 4 years? Sounds like a good way to get all future talent killed

Dex-chan lover
So this will be pretty much a death match with a supersonic bird as excuse? 😳

I honestly am wondering what is it that prevent all of them to work together? it's not like the population of stille is limited.

Dex-chan lover
@Miku39 they follow the wizard archetype of the magical asshole, so they prefer competition and predation over cooperation and commensalism.

Users who are viewing this thread