Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 42 - Reason for Fighting

I cant feel this hunger games.
It seems so pointless in a universe where there are demons killing entire cities.
Cant they make a prove that doesnt involve nearly killing each other?

Although i want more chapters right now, im really happy theres a set schedule😭 that way i can always look forward to tuesdays

Dex-chan lover
God I was scared for a second thinking they'd all die suddenly.

Dex-chan lover
Teleportation magic is always OP and cool, you can't never go wrong with it, except of course teleporting into a wall and dying but come on that's an acceptable risk.

Supporter
The biggest issue is there's a small time window remaining- Frieren's one true weakness being a short deadline.

Double-page supporter
What a dumbass and a lame story arc with zero point for the story. I generally like the slow-paced moments of this story, but this arc feels like nothing but useless filler.

As we get further into this arc I can only come to the thought that this author has very limited character archetypes and personalities. "Oops all wizards" arc really highlights this issue with all the wizards are nearly the same kind of wizard.

Dex-chan lover
I hope this arc ends i really liked the series but this arc is the worst, I hope we come back to the usual walking around for weeks

Aggregator gang
Very sad that people can't appreciate an arc that effectively occurs as the characters experience it, and that they seem to need massive monthly jumps between characters doing anything to feel like the story is moving.

Dex-chan lover
Comments: This is such a useless filler arc! This is so boring! Everyone is soooo emotionless!

This Arc: The author's way of expanding the magic system outside the basic magic showcased so far from Frieren and co. and how magic is currently being employed by mages/wizards of the new era/generation after demons mostly died out.

Dex-chan lover
Haters gonna hate. Personally, I really liked this chapter. I love that everyone is so chill. I love that Fern is confirmed to be an absolute monster (note the freaking crater in the ground she made with her "basic" attack). I love that Frieren can be a total ditz sometimes. I love that they give nice characterization to side characters.

Honestly, what's not to love?

So basically it's the world building arc for magic disguised as a tournament arc.

Users who are viewing this thread