Sousou no Frieren

I almost cried twenty times while reading this... it was such a good story, it evoked emotions in me so easily with simple story-telling...

The person that wrote this was most definitely a human, because only a human could understand our frailty, as well as our strength, that well.

@Sauruan so... your point is? I admit Berserk is one of my favorite Mangas of all time, but it's different themes and esthetic.

@Inslayer I actually had originally posted something making fun of your comment specifically, but I felt bad about jumping on a total stranger like that and edited it. It is legit hilarious that you of all people were the one to get pissed off by my comment and reply to it lol.

Also my point is Berserk is better. That is all.

@Sauruan depends on the quality of the roast. Also, I guess it would seem like I was pissed off based on what I wrote, but I was more confused at the comparison than anything else.

That said, few rare Mangas reach the same level as of Berserk in quality and recognition.

Berserk isnt better, you enjoy berserk more. Thats your subjectivity. They are very hard to compare other than theyre both fantasy mangas and Im in doubt that you have a phd in manga reviews to give us the point by point objective reason.

No other mangas make me emotional and then fucking laugh next seconds.

@gwsukunasi saihate no paladin is fairly similar to the vibe of this manga give. They are not similar in the sense of story(tho they both are fantasy adventure) but they have this sense of seriousness and comedy at the same time dealing with what it means to be alive. I highly recommend it if u like this.

Also berserk i guess now that people mentioned it but like it goes completely opposite of the vibe this manga give, probably opposite end of the fantasy adventure spectrum . This is sweet and melancholic but berserk is just dark and depressing in a good way.

Eh, I personally prefer this to Berserk. There's a lot I could say about that manga including my issues with its treatment of its female characters. But to each their own.

@ Balivern
And even that has it's limit, the you can never completely judge art objectively, even if you studied it.

VLM

Double-page supporter
This story has its flaws but I consider it near perfect. Not a 10 but more around a 9.6.

Users who are viewing this thread