Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

p1 bottom final panel:
"Hmn? Come to think of it Brolite..."
p2:
"Don't you have any luggage?" "Eh?"
<mostly fine, she's spent/used up all of her luggage"
"Hmm about 3 copper coins" (said by vendor in flashback) "That little?!" (said by elf)
final panel:
"A bag you can pull anything from? How cool!"
"What a childlike reaction to seeing an item box... This one... there's no way she's a bad person"
p3:
top sign: vozlaw
bottom sign: ebuira village
"Well if it isn't a 1UP mushroom!"
bottom right panel: "This one's here a mushroom that makes you larger (the red ones from mario)" ← name is also not 'mana mushroom' but I have no idea what it's supposed to be - probably just a variation on 'mario' like the other one is 'luiigi'
p4:
"For real?!"
"If I can sell all of these, that more than covers the food expenses." "I'm saved/That's a help (in small)"
p5: bottom panel
"Poison? Oh my how scary! hahaha"
"... What's with this feeling like I've the amount of children increased to two..."
p6:
"What about the mushrooms you plucked, are those edible?"
"This one? Stew it or grill it, it's a wonderful material."
"Oooh, for real? That looks delicious!"
"Just from imagining that I became super hungry"
"It's about time for the sun to set so let's make camp"
"Got it!"
p7:
"You really can pull anything from that bag"
"I've got well in excess of what we'll need until we arrive at the destination"
"Alright! I'll go gather firewood"
"Firewood?" (Notable that her bubble has kanji with furigana and his has just kana - not sure whether this encodes any nuance)
final bubble says that it's for the sake of people who don't have convenient tools like him, not that he should save it for later
"I see"
p8:
"I'll look for some suitable wood, wait for a bit"
"Brolite... Rather than firewood, that there's a whole log (really doesn't specify log, but just 'large tree')"
"Fret not, it's gonna become firewood straight away"
p11:
"Yeah... Right..." sounds like he doesn't agree. He's just short of words cuz she's mad good. Something like "ah uh yeah" would fit better
"With such a delicate body she can easily carry and toss a big log like that... To me, elves... don't really have that kind of image"
"Speaking of, that small dagger sure is sharp.
"Great right?!" (elf bubble to dragon)
regarding name of dagger: シルフジャンビーヤ - shirufu jambiiya (Sylp Jambia)
dagger description is largely accurate
p12:
"High elf..? Is that an upper rank of elf species?" side text "Hmmmmm"
"I don't know how high elves are treated in this world (could also possibly be like 'how do elves work?) so I can't say. Regardless, those daggers would seem to be rare."
"What what, are you that captivated by my splendid skill?"
"In a sense..." (You could say that)
"Could it be that this fella is actually somebody incredible?"
p13:
thicker here is in the sense of a more flavorful broth, not like more viscous.
text in bottom left is him casting a cleaning spell on the ladle he used to test the taste, he's not asking her to taste it
p15:
mid panel: "What wonderful skill, to be able to make a delicious meal like this at a camp!"
"A- ah yeah, I'm happy you like it"
"Are you a cook or something?"
"No I said, I'm a person that gathers materials"
"An adventurer? (said while chewing)"
"Swallow before talking"
p16:
"Me? I'm looking for a white pegasus (or, winged horse, or temba or tenba (not tenma)) to gift to my big sister"
"You said as much in Evuira village, why the fixation on a pegasus?"
p17: top left is entirely different. MC is talking about wanting to find a unicorn and elf is saying she's a knack for it or something. As thanks for the food she'll find one for MC. MC says he doesn't need money (at all, not just 'right now') and she ask "Then, what do you desire?"
p18: "I've just barely arrived in this country so there's plenty of things I don't know. Like for example the thing about bonfires before. That's why, that kind of fundamental... obvious things I'd like for you to tell me."
"Eh? Just that?"
"'Just that' you say, but it sounds pretty troublesome to me"
"Well it's just, I figured you'd be like 'teach me the secret technique' or like 'hand over your treasures'"
"Right now I don't think I need either of those"
"(sound of frustration) You sure are a strange one~"
don't know how to translate this line, but I think he's explaining that he doesn't even know stuff like adventurers being willing to stake their life on getting ahold of elf treasures as an example of what kind of basic stuff he doesn't know.
"Hm I see, you don't know, so that's why you want that, you say"
"Yeah that's it"
Not sure about this line, but something about fate or connections and gratitude to Libelalina or something
next page: "I'll be in your care for this short trip" heart thump SFX "Y-yeah"
it's not about her laughing at his lack of common sense (she doesn't do this) but that her smile makes his heart thump in a way her laughter didn't.
"When you think about it, won't I be camping alone with a girl tonight? (small text: well, and one more (the dragon))"
not sure about final bubble but something about getting excited (nothing about fantasy dreams or elves)
Final page:
he wants to slap himself for getting his hopes up
"What's up with her"
"Contrary to her appearance half the time she's acting more like a middleaged guy!"
"Aren't my ideal conceptions of an elf slowly crumbling~!"

I think the dagger name is Sylph Jambiya (not chambire). Jambiya is a arabic for short blade

Dex-chan lover
Not only he became a fucking sugar daddy but also a servant in a snap lmao

Also kinda cringe that she has to throw the log up in the air and the way he's just passive about getting bossed around ffs

Dex-chan lover
Her name is BROLITE.

She's more of a bro than a delicate elf maiden.

Hung thank you for these translations! you've done 4 chapters in under 5 days you are an absolute beast, have some rest!

Group Leader
@AnimeaddictionIV
Pretty sure Tenma is literally "Heavenly Horse"; Ten, meaning heaven/sometimes sky, and Ma is obviously horse. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

As for her name: ブロライト/Buroraito. Janpanese sometimes substitutes syllables when combining words. Example: Sakura -> SenbonZakura, with the Sa becoming Za.

So Brolite, while literal spelling with Ba, can also be Fa (F sometimes becomes B, and vice versa)*. Example: Chihayafuru (how it's spelled)- > Chihayaburu (how it's pronounced). And most people are already familiar with Rs interchangeable with Ls.

So her name can also be Flolite/Flowlight/Frorite...etc, and any combination hereinafter.

*Unrelated side note: V sometimes becomes B, and vice versa as well. When learning English, Japanese students tend to pronounce "Love" as "Labu" as it's simply more natural for them when hearing V, as it doesn't exist in Japanese as far as I can tell (unless I'm wrong, somebody can feel free to comment).

Group Leader
@AnimeaddictionIV
It's common newbie mistakes to mixup similar characters, especially with weird fonts.
There are some apps from Japan Foundation to help you recognize hiragana and katakana available at Play Store.
It have games to help you recognize it. It's very newbie friendly. There are some for kanji too.
Try take some free lessons from anywhere you can find such as youtube channel SanbonJuku or NihongoNoMori.
For kanji you should take note of furigana because that's what author meant especially for fantasy genre.

Hope that would help you improve your Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Ohh, that explains her lack of equipment after the first encounter...

Dex-chan lover
About that translation note on the daggers, you're overthinking it.

シャンビーヤ is the Japanese spelling for janbiya, an Arabic-style curved dagger. See Wikipedia : https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ジャンビーヤ for details.

Users who are viewing this thread