SSS-Class Suicide Hunter - Vol. 1 Ch. 24

Oh shit i just remembered the novel, oh my god i can’t wait for the demon king fight, i wanna see how they do the thing with the demon king getting pushed back floor by floor

@skultech mentioned that there was a trap in the Demon King's offer, so that got me thinking and I'm talking out of my ass here but ...
It's been mentioned that by skipping to floor 99 he would miss out on a lot of skills and resources but the phrase "Kill all the top 10 heroes" sounds dodgy, do we know that it only refers to the other 9 in the room with him? What happens if he kills someone and then someone else takes their place? Like if he kills no 10 but no 11 replaces them and so on. He'd have to kill everyone would passed floor 11 then to receive the reward. And it only makes sense that would be the case since the Demon King would want all the "heroes" out of the way

So people are mentioning that there's a trick to the demon king reward
My theory is that based on the wording to kill the top 10 could mean that by killing one another player takes position number 10 and so on and so forth. So he would have to kill every single person to claim the reward because everyone contributed. Or it could be something else, I dunno. just guessing for fun.

To a certain extent it sounds like a good deal but, with how powerful floor 99 porbably is, it would likely just be a death sentence. A monkey's paw style wish granting.

Double-page supporter
Eh, evil is always the best option in these type of scenarios usually

@ThatHurt Sounds like a devil's gambit, though. Doesn't it seem way too convenient to skip to floor 99? So many loot drops on all those intermediate floors you're missing out on. You sell your soul out to skip to floor 99 only to realise how out of your depth you are.

I'm guessing it's a plot device to set up for betrayal. Maybe if he passes over this reward, someone else gets offered it.

Supporter
There's no real reason to pass on the demon king's reward, though.

Even if you don't want to kill anyone, you should take it and then just not kill the other heroes -- it'll give you the exact same gift as the goddess, and it doesn't mention a penalty for failing to kill the other heroes. It reduces the chances of it going to somebody who does want to kill the other heroes.

I guess the existence of it (since the top 10 heroes will see it) will guarantee everyone's paranoid and sets up the betrayal plotline, which I guess is the point.

Even if he manage to kill 10 heroes ,what he gonna do in floor 99?it literally just like courting death without proper skill,gear and information to prepare against boss floor

This is why kid you never want to make a deal with demon

@octac by the given offer its possible that the reward is equal to the floor that given as the reward

Kill them all, see floor 99. If demon king is there, take its skill. But after he revives back, he can't lie to grandpa anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread