Super Ball Girls - Ch. 34 - Promise

Dex-chan lover
Jesus I thought the voice was AI generated but I think he was there to witness it all. So I have to assume he wants more that incorporates his DNA & her desire to be better or something? We'll see how that will play out next chapter. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
Dread it, run from it, NTR arrives all the same.

I must say, I agree with what he said to Eliza. She doesn't love Ichi, she doesn't know him, he was just the first man she met. When asked what she likes about him, she can only list basic qualities found in anyone vaguely decent. This is especially meta and relevant, since the whole premise is a virgin fever dream, gorgeous and enamoured women falling in your lap; and if the same question was asked to the love interests of most average romcoms/harems about the bland MC they're all flocking to, the answer would be the same:

He's the only guy around and/or the first one give them attention/care

So it's important to expose them to an alternative, why I liked Cherry's departure and her setting out on her own. She exposed the limit of their status-quo: they were stuck with one average dude that is, yes, responsible enough to treat the Sphere Sapiens right but can't afford to give in to their desires.

But still, this is a great chapter because Eliza also has a point: things didn't have to change so drastically. They could have and still find some compromise to make it work.

Ironically, I think that is exactly what the pretty dude did but Eliza wants Ichi. Now that they're backed by the government, they could get to have their livelihood taken care of while Japan gets to have a constant supply of superpowered (and cute) soldiers they can teach to work for humanity.

I doubt it's gonna happen now because of bad blood just to score a cheap point.

I mean like...

This was bound to happen right?? Like no way a manga called Super Ball Girls was not going to get weird. I will say this did come out of nowhere timing wise and was not expecting it be him to do it. Whacky choice to just drop that at this point, but I guess we have to see how offended mc is. Will he be upset because he cares about the girls and wants them to be treated right? Or will it be a cuck mentalitiy where he he is offended because she is "his girl?"

I feel like he wouldn't personally admit he loved her to be honest, just because he is still a manga protaganist. Although I don't expect us to get a straight answer anyways. Also wasn't there a girl who was interested in this or am I mixing this with something else? Hope it isn't just a weird moment of ntr for the sake of having it in there.

Dex-chan lover
Just when I thought this once-cute SOL now-derailed wannabe capeshit couldn’t get any worse they start going NTR
Is this guy just playing plot point bingo or something? Where’s the story, or anything that matters?

Dex-chan lover
Well I hope agent man has a good amount of backup plans for when shit inevitably hits the fan and he's the most hated person in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread