Super Ball Girls - Ch. 34 - Promise

Dex-chan lover
Jesus I thought the voice was AI generated but I think he was there to witness it all. So I have to assume he wants more that incorporates his DNA & her desire to be better or something? We'll see how that will play out next chapter. Thanks for the translations.
I think it was to show her that she doesn't need Ichi. She only knows his kindness, how to feel good only with him
If she can kiss and get what she wants from another guy, then she can move on from her one-itis and be more easily manipulated

Fed-Kun's army
-gorgeously drawn ecchi to some resident evil shit no one fucking asked for
-MC gets the SNEAKO chair
This went off the rails more than i expected. Makes me mad that such a good artist is wasted again, and again, and again.

Dex-chan lover
Being unexpected for unexpected’s sake isn’t a ‘deconstruction’. Game of thrones ending wasn’t a ‘deconstruction’ of the fantasy genre
This is a shortcoming of the editor not having balls to say “rein it in pal, write one manga at a time- not whatever pops into your head”
None of it has been unexpected. All the girls were trashed one by one in different ways and seperated from the MC. I never said it was good, or skillfully done, but it was certainly premeditated. The author is following a formula, and that's to take a normal harem and shit on it.

Getting angry at it being called deconstruction because that sounds like it's giving the author too much credit isn't going to change what it is.

People just didn't notice what was happening until the "best girl" was targeted. Now they can't come to terms with the fact that they got dragged into NTR, and didn't notice it sooner. Cherry getting knocked up in a supermarket parking lot should have been a clue.

Fed-Kun's army
In my opinion, the pretty dude just shows Eliza how naive she is, that "pure love" is just a fantasy in a human world. Eliza doesn't even understand how her biology works and her naiveness becomes her weakness, as any dude can trigger her intense emotion and give birth to balls through kissing.
I don't see enough clue for this to become NTR... yet. Maybe the pretty dude just wants to expose Eliza of her weakness, because she needs to mature and overcome her weakness to fight a war. Imagine if Sarah captures Eliza and forces her to kiss random guys. Eliza must work on this weakness somehow.
Sure Eliza follows MC's rule of no kissing others, but she only follows and does not understand anything, due to lack of experience.

Dex-chan lover
I must say, I agree with what he said to Eliza. She doesn't love Ichi, she doesn't know him, he was just the first man she met. When asked what she likes about him, she can only list basic qualities found in anyone vaguely decent. This is especially meta and relevant, since the whole premise is a virgin fever dream, gorgeous and enamoured women falling in your lap; and if the same question was asked to the love interests of most average romcoms/harems about the bland MC they're all flocking to, the answer would be the same:
I mean, if I were to make a list of positive qualities in a partner "Treats me right" would be the third on that list. Pointing out that she's "the first man she met" isn't a negative here. "Firsts" are important in a solid relationship. If everything with him is her first, and vice-versa, and they treat each other right, that's a rock-solid foundation for a relationship.

She's got the two basic traits needed for a proper relationship: Loyalty, and Gratitude.

Loyalty because she believes his problems are her own: They're in the same boat.

Gratitude because she believes that her life is better thanks to him.

So what if he's all she knows?

Dex-chan lover
None of it has been unexpected. All the girls were trashed one by one in different ways and seperated from the MC. I never said it was good, or skillfully done, but it was certainly premeditated. The author is following a formula, and that's to take a normal harem and shit on it.
What do you mean they've all been trashed? Is my brain so fried from the hot garbage that I didn't notice the others "falling"?

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.
WASN'T REQUIRED THAT BOTH KISSERS NEED TO BE AROUSED FOR THEM TO REPRODUCE? WTF IS GOING ON?

In my opinion, the pretty dude just shows Eliza how naive she is, that "pure love" is just a fantasy in a human world. Eliza doesn't even understand how her biology works and her naiveness becomes her weakness, as any dude can trigger her intense emotion and give birth to balls through kissing.
I don't see enough clue for this to become NTR... yet. Maybe the pretty dude just wants to expose Eliza of her weakness, because she needs to mature and overcome her weakness to fight a war. Imagine if Sarah captures Eliza and forces her to kiss random guys. Eliza must work on this weakness somehow.
Sure Eliza follows MC's rule of no kissing others, but she only follows and does not understand anything, due to lack of experience.
I don't think it's that deep, he just want to create 3 news fighters with his genes because he thinks he is superior and that Eliza is the best option. The booby gropping scene is a proof that he is trying to force his desire in order to get those 3 balls because I don't think that dude cares about her in the first place (imo). Ofc it's playing on the NTR vibe but this guy was always about being the strongest and save humanity.

Dex-chan lover
WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE.
WASN'T REQUIRED THAT BOTH KISSERS NEED TO BE AROUSED FOR THEM TO REPRODUCE? WTF IS GOING ON?
No. Only the Human does. In chapter 27, the woman is coldly analyzing the guy she's seducing. She thought she jumped the gun and failed because she thought there more steps to getting men excited. Her own excitement came the moment she reproduced.

Dex-chan lover
I'm the words of the late great Nate Dogg, "It ain't no fuuuuun if the homies can't haaaaAAAaaaAAAaave none"

Dex-chan lover
So people been reacting pretty harshly to this manga for a while now but I still don't understand what is it about the plot that annoys them so much. I mean it seems to me like a fairly decent action manga, I'm only afraid that the chocolate weakness might limit fights in therms of creativity.

The manga has been going some pretty dark places in terms of manipulation and gore so this NTR chapter seems like a tool to up the stakes but people are furious (some at the character, which is alright, but some at the manga and author which is what I don't get). Is it because the manga went the action route and they were expecting it to stay a SOL?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if I were to make a list of positive qualities in a partner "Treats me right" would be the third on that list. Pointing out that she's "the first man she met" isn't a negative here. "Firsts" are important in a solid relationship. If everything with him is her first, and vice-versa, and they treat each other right, that's a rock-solid foundation for a relationship.

She's got the two basic traits needed for a proper relationship: Loyalty, and Gratitude.

Loyalty because she believes his problems are her own: They're in the same boat.

The problem is that the girls are literal newborns. Never mind the physiological development mirroring adult female humans, how old is Eliza? A month? A few months at best.

Even if she learns fast, she doesn't know shit about shit. She has no other reference point than what Ichi told her. Even if it was for the best, he isolated them from any other person. His colleague could have been the occasion to address that, but she was a weirdo that saw nothing wrong in their situation, believing they were his nieces yet in love with him.

The girls have good reason to consider him like family because again, I think Ichi did his best to take care of them. He treats them like children that can't be trusted alone because that's what they are, on top of being strange horny and dangerous aliens.

It's the same dynamic irl with children. If they say they love their parents (who are taking care of them well), that's cute but it isn't worth much. To truly love your parents, you need to grow older, not depend on them anymore and actually be able to consider them as a person and not only a parent, you have to know them for what they are and not only for what they do for you and what they represent.

The reverse is also true for (most) parents. It's not hard to love your kids when they're cute toddlers sleeping, it's harder when they grow up to be someone that you wouldn't get along with and frequent otherwise, once they're an actual person to you and not just a glorified pet to hug.

Why I would like to see that even if Cherry wasn't totally happy with Ichi since he refused to 'mate' with her, meeting other humans, she'll see that he was one of the good ones. And even if what she feels for him isn't romantic after all, she'll return to be aligned with her original family while still being free to pursue happiness in whatever way it means for her.

You need two people that are their own person to talk about love. Eliza is still so immature that she throws tantrums when she's frustrated. She should finish alien kindergarten before thinking about a man! 😤

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that the girls are literal newborns. Never mind the physiological development mirroring adult female humans, how old is Eliza? A month? A few months at best.

Even if she learns fast, she doesn't know shit about shit. She has no other reference point than what Ichi told her. Even if it was for the best, he isolated them from any other person. His colleague could have been the occasion to address that, but she was a weirdo that saw nothing wrong in their situation, believing they were his nieces yet in love with him.

The girls have good reason to consider him like family because again, I think Ichi did his best to take care of them. He treats them like children that can't be trusted alone because that's what they are, on top of being strange horny and dangerous aliens.
You're working under the premise that their knowing more would automatically be "better". But as it stands, they're perfectly happy with him, and he's perfectly happy with them. If anyone was suffering any negatives here, it'd be the guy who has multiple murder balls to keep in line. The rest is basically more of that. I don't know why you're overcomplicating the situation here. Unless he was hurting them, there's literally no inherent benefit to their knowing anything else.

It's like "Oh, but does your dog truly love you? He doesn't even know there are other people who'd gladly own him too!"

They're ball monsters, they're happy, and every day he showed them something new. And they were grateful to him for it. They all knew there was more out there. And they wanted to experience it all with him.

You need two people that are their own person to talk about love. Eliza is still so immature that she throws tantrums when she's frustrated. She should finish alien kindergarten before thinking about a man! 😤
Careful, we're straying dangerously close to social commentary there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So people been reacting pretty harshly to this manga for a while now but I still don't understand what is it about the plot that annoys them so much. I mean it seems to me like a fairly decent action manga, I'm only afraid that the chocolate weakness might limit fights in therms of creativity.

The manga has been going some pretty dark places in terms of manipulation and gore so this NTR chapter seems like a tool to up the stakes but people are furious (some at the character, which is alright, but some at the manga and author which is what I don't get). Is it because the manga went the action route and they were expecting it to stay a SOL?
People who have started to dislike this series, myself included, have been abundantly clear that we don't like the direction this manga is going. I started reading this series when translated chapters first dropped and the literal last thing I wanted it to turn into was some generic alien invasion action series (especially one that is seriously aping off of Resident Evil). This series was infinitely better when it was a slice of life about Ichi having to deal with insane alien girls (them being ridiculously dangerous and volatile was a nice wrinkle). But now, it's turned into a jumbled mess of cliches and has lost almost everything that initially got me interested in reading.

Mate is arguing for grooming.

Dex-chan lover
People who have started to dislike this series, myself included, have been abundantly clear that we don't like the direction this manga is going. I started reading this series when translated chapters first dropped and the literal last thing I wanted it to turn into was some generic alien invasion action series (especially one that is seriously aping off of Resident Evil). This series was infinitely better when it was a slice of life about Ichi having to deal with insane alien girls (them being ridiculously dangerous and volatile was a nice wrinkle). But now, it's turned into a jumbled mess of cliches and has lost almost everything that initially got me interested in reading.
Ah I see. Can't say I agree with the cliche fest thing but that might because I'm unfamiliar with the alien invasion setting.

Dex-chan lover
Ah I see. Can't say I agree with the cliche fest thing but that might because I'm unfamiliar with the alien invasion setting.
Trust me, this series has turned into nothing but cliches. Shady government agency fighting off aliens. Invaders that think they're the 'superior' species. The invaders wanting to 'evolve' somehow. Invaders using humans in some way to strengthen their own forces. A group of 'good' invaders having to fight the 'bad' ones. Shady government man willing to manipulate and abuse the 'good' invaders to beat the 'bad' ones. Good guy, every man MC has to stand on the sidelines and watch the 'good' invaders fight. It's just one tired cliche after another.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread