Super Ball Girls - Ch. 34 - Promise

Dex-chan lover
Considering who the artist is, even if the author is technically different, I feel like I should have seen something like this coming. Now I'm going to have to balance whether I want to drop this right here after this non-stop shit show of developments just exploded like that or continue reading and hope that this guy gets brutally murdered eventually. Hopefully by Ichi.

Dex-chan lover
Considering who the artist is, even if the author is technically different, I feel like I should have seen something like this coming. Now I'm going to have to balance whether I want to drop this right here after this non-stop shit show of developments just exploded like that or continue reading and hope that this guy gets brutally murdered eventually. Hopefully by Ichi.
Yeah, I'm one or two more BS developments away from dropping this series.

Dex-chan lover
Just when I thought this once-cute SOL now-derailed wannabe capeshit couldn’t get any worse they start going NTR
Is this guy just playing plot point bingo or something? Where’s the story, or anything that matters?
I don't know how much more I can take man. I'm really close to dropping this shit.

Dex-chan lover
Dread it, run from it, NTR arrives all the same.

I must say, I agree with what he said to Eliza. She doesn't love Ichi, she doesn't know him, he was just the first man she met. When asked what she likes about him, she can only list basic qualities found in anyone vaguely decent. This is especially meta and relevant, since the whole premise is a virgin fever dream, gorgeous and enamoured women falling in your lap; and if the same question was asked to the love interests of most average romcoms/harems about the bland MC they're all flocking to, the answer would be the same:

He's the only guy around and/or the first one give them attention/care

So it's important to expose them to an alternative, why I liked Cherry's departure and her setting out on her own. She exposed the limit of their status-quo: they were stuck with one average dude that is, yes, responsible enough to treat the Sphere Sapiens right but can't afford to give in to their desires.

But still, this is a great chapter because Eliza also has a point: things didn't have to change so drastically. They could have and still find some compromise to make it work.

Ironically, I think that is exactly what the pretty dude did but Eliza wants Ichi. Now that they're backed by the government, they could get to have their livelihood taken care of while Japan gets to have a constant supply of superpowered (and cute) soldiers they can teach to work for humanity.

I doubt it's gonna happen now because of bad blood just to score a cheap point.
You ain't wrong. I think they deserve to not be left to just the first guy they see and live a life that doesn't need to rely on Ichi.

Dex-chan lover
For those slow on the uptake, this is deconstructing and negating normal harem tropes. Whether the author turns it around and reconstructs it all by the end, or keeps crushing the MCs balls for being a normal guy in an extraordinary situation is the part that's up in the air.

Dex-chan lover
For those slow on the uptake, this is deconstructing and negating normal harem tropes. Whether the author turns it around and reconstructs it all by the end, or keeps crushing the MCs balls for being a normal guy in an extraordinary situation is the part that's up in the air.
Being unexpected for unexpected’s sake isn’t a ‘deconstruction’. Game of thrones ending wasn’t a ‘deconstruction’ of the fantasy genre
This is a shortcoming of the editor not having balls to say “rein it in pal, write one manga at a time- not whatever pops into your head”

Dex-chan lover
Well, up to this point it was clear that even the main girl was not safe, but people kept on coping because each have their own head cannon how the story should going. But it turns out it all depends what the author wants, what a shocker lol. Yeah the author is trash, hence the story is trash and so are the development. This is a bait-and-switch manga who baited with Harem but shifted towards complettly different, as such things wont fly in a harem.

If you didnt saw the red flags in the early chapter as NTR (ch.7), didnt saw the dramatic shift of various girls having sex with different dudes, didnt mind MC was left out for more then 10 chaps in a row only to put him into a cuck protagonist, get introduced to 1 or even 2 potential new male protags, then this progress wouldnt be a shocker to you. However my only beef with this trash of a manga is that it somehow still is tagged as a Harem, which still shows up in my feed.

Im not sure how everyone will feel about this chapter, since before this there was enough bad shit for people to drop. But im also aware people tend to get more angry when the main love interest gets involved...let alone in this manner and how she looks in the last pannel.

Obvious this should be the last straw for all, but im also aware people cant stop looking at burning trash. Since mangadex being mangadex and cant remove the tags, the obvious thing is just to ignore it until the completed tag is added to see how things ended. At this point this manga has so much negativ stuff draging behind itself it dosent outweight its posetives.

Users who are viewing this thread