Surviving as a Maid

I'm dropping this ;_;
I read spoilers and well wow man, this has heart ache written all over it :((

Contributor
@ForeverTheSky:

For what it's worth—and with myself being one of the people who was vocally a bit tepid about the evil and gay antagonist(s)—the general consensus, with input from those who have read the whole source material, seems fairly firmly to be that it isn't homophobic: More or less, the principle antagonists are just, incidentally, both gay and evil (and not even always portrayed unsympathetically).

Moreso the motivation seems to be "some of your racy high-court BL novels would be horrible because the author has swept inconvenient things in that setting under the rug", rather than, "your BL novel would be horrible because it's gay".

Fair warning though: The other consensus (especially from those who read the source material) seems to be that the whole story is basically made up of suffering and hardship? XD

The spoilers made me drop this, the story is sad depressing and nobody winds up happy I think. I want warm fluff, not depression-cancer.

This is seeming more and more like a reverse harem. And that is not a good thing as far as I am concerned.

real af, nice to see isekai where society and class distinctions matter, rather than being window dressing for the plot. it's cool to see a heroine who understands how hellish living at the bottom of early modern aristocratic society is.

these dudes act fucking weird though, i don't have any experience with BL but the female characters here feel much more like actual human beings than mio or klein (not even going to mention evans and yurgel/yurigel). the seemingly "good" male characters are all competing for ash's attention like this is an otome game setting and the bad ones might as well be regina george for the sheer amount of petty bullshit they're constantly involved in. this was nice for a realistic feeling at the start (the scene where ash witnesses the execution of the other maid and has blood on her outfit for the entire day was a nice detail), but i started losing interest in the story after realizing that all the nuance of the initial chapters had given way to watching ash try to dodge boys like a professional harem manga protagonist. is mio gay? is he bi? why is he so weirdly possessive of ash? why does he flip from being an innocent maiden to a Cool Guy shoujo manga protagonist doing cringey shit like putting his hand on her face and telling her to "sleep more" while sitting on her bed? shouts to klein, the saddest bastard alive, sitting in someone's darkened room for an entire night while they're out on a date with someone else.

it's cool if none of the characters are likeable, if that's the way the story's supposed to go. this author does a great job of constructing extremely hateable characters with very little shock value needed, and indeed the banality of yurigel & evans' psychological abuse hits harder than if they were just threatening to kill the protagonist all the time like ive seen in a few other otome game isekais. however when it comes to the characters that are ostensibly on the protagonists' side (we're only up to ch23 so far so who knows maybe mio's actually just a robot with a sword and klein's actually just a creepy stalker), there's nothing to really go off of. it's not like mio's been deprived of screentime either, he just seems to legitimately have nothing to say or feel aside from a vague sense of affection for ash and IMMEDIATE HORNY MODE for yurgel.

I'm pretty sure all of us reading this story says "The queen doesn't deserve this kind of life." I love bl but this bl couple just destroys everyone's chance of happiness. 😭💔

The concubine...😳😳😳
My sixth sense is telling me that he doesn't like our FL.

The Prince...😢😢😢
Poor him. His mother doesn't seem to really care about him. I wonder how will the Prince grow up...

The King...
I hate him! That's all!😤😤😤

Double-page supporter
The only reason I had to drop this manhwa because it simply, strongly clashes with my love for BL. No offense to the art, the storyline or the character designs. Everything's gorgeously made & I like it. But because I love BL, this manhwa is a no for me. I had found some spoiler that told me what I needed to know, so, yeah, goodbye to this unusual manhwa. It is interesting but it's not for me. & I wonder now if because it's not BL-centric (or it's not the main point/plot) so no tag for BL is necessary. I look forward for the artist & author's other works if there's any, but if they're also not BL friendly, I'll drop these forever.

Oh, i don't know if i want Ash x Mio parenting love story, or if they suit more of a sibling relationship (>a<)
Also... i don't like the redhead :/
Just make Ash happy and i'll be happy.
Also also, screw the concubine and king. Be in love all you want, but don't drag others down at the same time.
THey honestly don't seem mature enough to be parents :/

Can someone tell me the spoilers? I don't wanna read this if it's gonna make me depressed.

Aggregator gang
I have not read this yet, but a romance tag is typically supposed to mean that the protagonist has a romantic relationship. Considering the setting from the description, I have some concerns. Are people going to suddenly turn straight because the protagonist is around? Because I really do not want to read that. Or is there a different, outside character who is not one from the description? That would be fine.

Guys remember that B in LGBTIQ+ exist. If some of the boys turn to love our MC Its Fine as long as It have a reason.

Honestly i like this manhwa... But if the author can give happiness to the queen or revenge to the btch emperor.. I wld rate this manhwa higher tho~ ~

This story made me want to strangle someone, preferably the King and his side piece. The feeling is even stronger than when I read Empress' Second Marriage and the Abandoned Empress.

Users who are viewing this thread