Suterare Elf-san wa Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyokute Kawaii! - Ch. 0

look, Asian (mostly Korean/Chinese/Japanese from what I understand) idol industry is fucking insane, one small scandal can ruin entire careers, it's not new.

For example, Japanese idol industry have love bans (this is kinda changing but is still very prevalent in popular groups) which mean idols can NOT date anyone at all. They're constantly being watched by fans and paparazzi, and many idols have been harassed/insulted just by being near a member of the opposite sex.
An idol from AKB48 had to shave her head to beg forgiveness from fans because she was ACCUSED OF dating. She still lost her idol career though.
Another girl, Shasihara Riko was discovered dating in 2012 and got kicked out of her idol group AKB48, and transferred to another lesser group. She luckily still have a successful career after this.
more recently, Uruha Rushia, a vtuber (online idol who use anime girl avatars instead of their real faces), got her contract terminated because... you guess it, she was dating someone! This was back in 2022 btw.

aside from the insane love ban, idols also have to be EXTREMELY careful with whatever they're saying, because people will twist their words to harm them.
In 2021, Kiryu Coco, a super successful vtuber (who was honestly the most well-known vtuber back then) got terminated because... look, this will sound insane, she said the word "Taiwan".
For some reasons, Chinese fan think that by saying "Taiwan", Coco is acknowledging that Taiwan is a country (she wasn't, she was reading some analytics thing on her channel and she noticed that she also had Taiwan fan), so they got extremely butthurt. The newspaper in Chinese twist things up even further, and things got out of control way too quickly that the only way the company knew how to stop the fire is to fire Coco. Here is the more detailed post about this if you want to know more.

so yeah, TLDR: it's not about what the idol did/how serious the action was, sometimes one small mistake got blown out of proportion and boom, no more career.
danm i knew that it was bad but not to this point, i knew about the love ban (i don't think that it is the case here) but this Taiwan case is wild, i wonder if it would be better if she worked only as VA

Dex-chan lover
It's not an important plot point though. If she's only going to address it by wishing it away, the details of the scandal are completely irrelevant. You could fill it in with whatever you want, and the plot won't change one iota. That is the very definition of a minor detail.
It is important though since its will directly link back to the protags character. Did she fuck the entire band? Did she insult her fans on air? What did she do to cause such hate? She practicely got canceled overnight, even her company immidiately severed ties. That is a very unique case reserved for only the most vile and not over some misunderstandings or some retarded unicorns.

Personally i wouldn't want to follow an asshole protag so its better to clear things up considering she is trying to wish it away. What ever "it" is.

Fed-Kun's army
It is important though since its will directly link back to the protags character. Did she fuck the entire band? Did she insult her fans on air? What did she do to cause such hate? She practicely got canceled overnight, even her company immidiately severed ties. That is a very unique case reserved for only the most vile and not over some misunderstandings or some retarded unicorns.

Personally i wouldn't want to follow an asshole protag so its better to clear things up considering she is trying to wish it away. What ever "it" is.
She was in the entertainment industry in Japan. The fans could absolutely blow up over something stupid or even a misunderstanding, and some of the companies don't care a whit about their employees. Once she gets fired once and with there already being a problem with her reputation, it wouldn't be a surprise for no other company to want to bother with her enough to possibly alienate her former employers.

aside from the insane love ban, idols also have to be EXTREMELY careful with whatever they're saying, because people will twist their words to harm them.
In 2021, Kiryu Coco, a super successful vtuber (who was honestly the most well-known vtuber back then) got terminated because... look, this will sound insane, she said the word "Taiwan".
For some reasons, Chinese fan think that by saying "Taiwan", Coco is acknowledging that Taiwan is a country (she wasn't, she was reading some analytics thing on her channel and she noticed that she also had Taiwan fan), so they got extremely butthurt. The newspaper in Chinese twist things up even further, and things got out of control way too quickly that the only way the company knew how to stop the fire is to fire Coco. Here is the more detailed post about this if you want to know more.
What is this revisionist history crap? Kiryu Coco did NOT retire because of the Taiwan incident. She retired because Hololive wanted to focus their talents towards dancing and singing talents, while she wanted to focus on streaming content. Their differences in viewpoints lead to them splitting away.

The real fallout of the Taiwan incident was that the talents stopped streaming on Bilibili the chinese streaming website and they TERMINATED THE ENTIRETY OF THE CHINESE BRANCH.

Hololive had her back more than shoved her under a bus. She also mostly laughed at people spamming crap in her chat at the end.

hmmm really shouldn't be wasting the wish on fixing ONE scandal. As was said, the idol world is fragile, the problem isn't the one mistake but the fact that there isn't room to survive one mistake. If you made one, you'll probably make another.
I think it's leading to a generic I Choose to Stay. Because the goddess specifically mentions that choosing to stay is an option.
A lot of isekaiees have no choice but to stay - as there's no way back.
Some of them ask foreigners: "If you could go back, would you?" It's often just a thought experiment as there's no way back.
Anyway, she definitely chooses to stay because she doesn't have strong relationships on earth. With her cuteness, maybe she can invent idols and be an elf idol after saving the world. There's probably voice amplification magic as well as that that can create a light show. Having superpowers is nice too and returning means gaining that wish but losing her powers.

Dex-chan lover
How is this not chapter 1? This is not a promo, it's clearly info that should be in the main story...
This :this:
It isn't exactly needed to show the past and reincarnation scenes ...except the first chapter constantly referenced this chapter indirectly in a way that made it really bad without it. So how is this not ch1?

Dex-chan lover
Well, things make more sense now... but I'm not feeling her too much. I'll give it a little while to see if she wins me over.:pepehmm:

Ehh, on the VTuber side I know that Coco was voluntary and she could return if she wanted to. She didn't say why she left but from what I've read it was mostly because she felt responsible for the harassment other members got from the west taiwanese. On Rushia it's more likely that it was breaking the NDA. Cover corp has been more on the normal end of the spectrum thankfully though harsher than I would like in Mel's case.
He's somewhat incorrect about the two AKB48 members as well. The first one, Minami Minegishi, was demoted to "trainee" status, but reinstated by the end of August. She graduated, or retired from the group, in 2021. The second one, Rino Sashihara, meanwhile is a bit worse with context. Apparently, the scandal consisted of a tabloid publishing an interview with someone who claimed to have dated her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread