Suterare Elf-san wa Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyokute Kawaii! - Ch. 1.1

Dex-chan lover
Talking about realism when all of this isn't is kinda shit. But looks fun so far.

Way to berate the only one that cared for you
I kinda get both sides, like, the mother is clearly distressed and throwing the equipment and the letter is clearly an act of desperation and heartache but at the same time she didn't had the courage to abandone her tribe to go to her baby which would be the actual thing a loving mother should do in that situation (unless she doesn't have the magic to go or can't for some reason we don't know yet)

Fed-Kun's army
whats that about raws? you mean the ones on rawkuma not it? i guess it could technically be the tl uploading them there himself after his struggle to find them elsewhere, but the username doesn't match... idk someone explain pls

Dex-chan lover
What is she even talking about half the time. Non of what she says has been explained or even introduced and she talks about it like its already well established.
You must be new around here.

Tag: Adaptation is basically self explanatory. There are exceptions to the rule, but generally that means the story is either going to be speedrun, and/or the opening is going to be redone completely to generate interest/shock value. Having stories skip the normal introduction and go In Medias Res to try to have it stand out(and then explain the introduction with a flashback a couple chapters later) for sales is common with adaptations.

It doesn't help this seems to be a half chapter.

Of course it is also worth noting that this stuff basically makes sense if you read enough of these series.

Having never heard of this series before, the origins are:

Mc was a talented gamer who died having some sort of livestream meltdown. Met a goddess. Was told or chose to be a high elf in a world based on the game Valhalla Online which MC played. Also promised fluff companion in the future. Is thrown out for supposedly being a dark elf. Uses the bullshit power of hip drop as a newborn who shouldn't even have developed neck muscles yet to survive a fall at terminal velocity. Realizes this world MC is incarnated into has a mixture of game elements with reality(ie physics are real unlike the game MC played).

Double-page supporter
"She did that to ease her own guilt", what guilt? Like did she just somehow not even see her mom try and reclaim her but get overpowered by several other people when they separated? wtf else was she supposed to do in that situation? Especially after seemingly just giving birth recently, she's going to be physically weakened.
This MC isn't too bright

Dex-chan lover
let me guess, some idiotic prophesy about a dark elf destroying them. A self fulfilling prophesy trope.
I think the nazi elder is deliberately killing high elves, to prevent them from challenging her authority.
Elves can't be so stupid as to not know the difference between a high elf and a dark elf.
Why she talkin like it's her mom's fault. Like tf was she supposed to do bro😭
Stab the nazi elder. Always stab the Nazis. And never hesitate to stab an elder either.
There is wisdom in killing bad people before they cause irreparable harm.

What is she even talking about half the time. Non of what she says has been explained or even introduced and she talks about it like its already well established.
As a person with some experience with isekai and video games, it all makes perfect sense to me. If you can't understand it, you either did not read the synopsis, or have terrible reading comprehension.
"Authors and not letting their obsession with speedrunning get into their writing" challenge: IMPOSSIBLE

(I mean, I'm still gonna read it but this is a terrible start.)
This is a perfect start for anything that isn't slice-of-life story. Backstory can be explained later.

If fall damage can so easily negated like that no body died from falling in that world.
Fall damage can be equally easily negated in the real world. Just from a height of "standing".
Still, it is not unusual for a person to slip and fall to their death, because they rolled a critical failure were unusually unlucky.

From the various mangas i've read so far, dark elves tend to be pictured quite a bit different.
In western fantasy, dark elves are dark-skinned, monstrous-looking with claws and fangs, evil, sadistic, violent, and promiscuous.
Dark elves in manga tend to be fair-skinned, gorgeous, not evil, treated as bad luck, frequently persecuted and enslaved, and also pure and maidenly.
In my experience, Japanese dark elves are chocolate-skinned beauties like Pyrotess from Record of Lodoss War, while Western dark elves are pale underground dwellers. Ash-colored skin like in Elder Scrolls series is rare.

well still, how's what her mother does "escapism" ?
i read the Chapter 0, she's an Idol Apparently and got into scandal or something and now Using Game to escape or cope from her problem. fckn boohooo
Very Different With Mother who's got her newborn Baby Throw over the cliff and tried to remained Hopeful her Child would Survive even if its probably close to Zero.

The author just sucks, trying to connect one trauma to another but didn't know how to write something that slightly connected or actually make sense
you could read chapter 0 100x over and any normal people would still say " wtf is this mc yapping about ?"
Why do you think it's wrong to connect one trauma to another? This is the way humans empathize, you know. Because we can't possibly experience all the traumas in the world and survive that.

so is mc familiar with this world or not make up your mind author
This is a game world that became real. It is both familiar and unfamiliar. Just like if in our world monsters suddenly started appearing.

what is a Hip Drop, sounds like a stupid drop. Should have just copied cats and get less fall damage
If I was writing it, she would have punched the ground.

Dex-chan lover
Why she hates her mom all of a sudden? lol
MC is projecting her own self hatred on her mom for being a narcissist and for identifying that the mom did something illogical just to feel better.

rather then realize her mom likely was only barely functioning through panic and was thinking about her daughter, combine with probably a cultural lack of awareness of Terminal Velocity either due to innate values where the elves avoid the edge or all are drilled featherfall from the age of lvl 3.

Banned
Why do you think it's wrong to connect one trauma to another? This is the way humans empathize, you know. Because we can't possibly experience all the traumas in the world and survive that.
it's like you only read first few word and completely ignored my entire sentence.
can you actually read my whole sentence so i can actually give you proper response ?

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see a manga not wasting time by reintroducing the same hackneyed cliches and overdone setting. Skipping straight to the parts where stuff happens is refreshing.
I don't understand, how was that escapism?
Because it wasn't about doing something that would protect the baby, it was about doing something to ease her guilt so she could say "yeah I'm a good person because I did SOMETHING." It's like changing your profile pic to support The Current Thing or getting mad online about something after hearing about something bad to Raise Awareness. You escape from the responsibility of actually doing something meaningful that helps people and escape into the delusion of being a good person even though you don't help anyone or fix anything.

Dex-chan lover
it's like you only read first few word and completely ignored my entire sentence.
can you actually read my whole sentence so i can actually give you proper response ?
People who do stuff like that don't understand what you said in the first place, so no, you will never get a proper response. Rather than seeing your words, understanding them, and formulating a response to them, this is a person who sees your words, associates them with negative emotions, and acts like a rat trying to avoid getting shocked. You cannot get a proper response from a semi-sentient complaintoid.

Dex-chan lover
I read your comments, and nothing in them makes sense. With your claim that one traumatic response can't be related to another seemingly being the central problem.
Note that the MC is a baby and a retired idol singer, not any kind of psychologist. We do not expect any great psychological insights from her. Not after she has just fell from a floating island - if she was not such a polite girl, she would still be swearing a lot.

Banned
I read your comments, and nothing in them makes sense. With your claim that one traumatic response can't be related to another seemingly being the central problem.
Note that the MC is a baby and a retired idol singer, not any kind of psychologist. We do not expect any great psychological insights from her. Not after she has just fell from a floating island - if she was not such a polite girl, she would still be swearing a lot.
no you didn't lmao, you absolutely not actually trying to understand what i said.
so calm the fuck down, gathered up your neuron, and i ask you to read it properly this time

Group Leader
Pretty sure normal babies cant even support their own head's weight, let alone locomote towards food. but sure, she's 1 tenth as strong as a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread