Sweat and Soap

Dex-chan lover
hope translation picks up again, its a great series (and popular one)

This one hit me right in the feelings, I managed to make myself cry because sometimes I feel like Asako in the part that says "I'm not enough" or in the feeling that "there is something wrong with me", so yes, it's great and it's beautiful .
I would gladly support any translation team that wants to continue this manga, today it is in vol. 2 Chapter 19 and I really want to know what happens in the future in the relationship of these two.

Hmm, here I was hoping Kodansha would do their digital first for this, but all aazon has is the physical versions. Well, it'll still be out faster than any current fan TL.

Man what a gem, I'm so glad I found this by accident. Too bad translations kinda stopped. I don't mind waiting, I just hope I can read this some time in the future

@Rune Well, it will get an English release. Just hope some publisher here will also pick it up. Anyway, got the first 5 volumes from Japan just to send some love to Yamada-sensei.

Does anyone know that fundraiser that Yamada-sensei is involved in? It’s how I found out about this series but I forget where to find the fundraiser page.

Dex-chan lover
The premises is one of a kind and would never work in real life.
But the communication between the partners. Goals. They talk to each other spend time together. Im so sad, it's too good.

Gap

Translations for chapter 10 done. Any editors wanting to work on this are welcome to help.

Chap 10 released! The notice page included clarification that we'll only release this chapter and that the licensed ver is expected to release on February 25.

If you click the Official English link, it gives the release dates. 2/25/20 for vol 2, and 6/30/20 for vol 3.

it was licenced in your country.. thats good now I will have to wait till is licenced in my country... maybe 10 more years... FML...

Fed-Kun's army
@miscellany feb 25 is for vol 1 not vol 2 , the date for vol 2 release is April 28, and 3rd vol release date is June 30, and 4th vol release date is August 25 according to amazon, where the “official link” leads to, although I personally think it should lead to the Kodansha website where all the information about the manga and release is, as well as a free sample chapter of the official Translation available to read free online : https://kodanshacomics.com/series/sweat-and-soap/
The dates for release of future volumes are but tentative, Kodansha may alter the release date according to their revised schedule, info to which will be found on Kodansha’s website first.

Dex-chan lover
nice, now i'll be forced to pay exorbitant prices for a subpar translation that i have to import and maybe can't get at all
these licensing companies really do help the industry a lot huh

Dex-chan lover
true, the paperback rsvp is a bit steep, $13
most manga i've bought are like $7 and below per vol.

This is so stupid...official releases are never official..Re:monster has been delaying it's 4th volume for over 2 years and it is still being delayed. Treating a female knight like a lady only has one release and might not have another release in English, and in Japan it will soon have it's 5th volume released.

And official releases are always censored, localized to remove Japanese context, or the translation is dumbed down to something a 1st grader would write. I do support the authors, I buy the original Japanese copies.

This scantalator just doesn't want to be bothered. And English releases are never that good anyway...censorship and changing the language to English slang has ruined a bunch of good manga translations.

And 13 dollars? In Japan it is only like 5 USD. Wtf? That is way overpriced for Manga. Even 10 dollars is ridiculous. Plus sized elf is still 13 dollars and it has been out for a while now. Yeah, I will stick to buying original Japanese manga and using scantalations to help figure out the real context.

Users who are viewing this thread