Sweat and Soap

@Gap
Unfortunaly for me, who lives in Brazil, it's dificult to read this title any other way than in a scan. I don't even known if someday this title will be release here, a printed copy (imported) costs more than a double that a nacional manga costs and a manga in my country is already expensive.
So yeah, i get sad when the scanlation drops the title for forcing the people to buy the printed version, i don't think this is a sucessiful method, but what can i do?
In my opinion this only brings hate for the scanlation group, because how can a person will financialy suport a group who never finish a title because of official release?

@lilimints
The entitlement of the people who don't understand why scanlators dropped this is absurd. We all justify reading pirated manga by saying that "there is no official release so we don't have a choice", yet when there is an official release and you have the opportunity to support the author who worked hard on the manga you love, you still want free scanlations? If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. I want an Iphone 11, but can't afford it. Doesn't mean that I will expect to get it for free. Reading manga ain't a human right ffs, just treat it like anything else you can't afford. People like you are the reason why so few publishers see any value in providing English release.

Also @Jmann You too, if you can't afford it then don't buy it. If you don't think the money is worth it, then don't buy it. Entertainment is a luxury not a right . Also, consider this. Why does publishers feel the need to charge a high amount for digital releases? Because digital sales have a major flaw, which is the ease of which people can share the releases with others. There are entire sites dedicated to ripping official releases, and many friend groups will just share the manga between each other. This makes things very difficult for publishers as they have to account for the money lost once they decide to do digital releases. That's why the price is driven up. Us who pay are forced to pay for those who don't pay. Also for your dumb point about how the publishers are the ones who earn money from official releases and not the author, that's some straight bs. Included to the royalties the author receives from every sale, the publisher have also paid a certain amount for the licensing rights in the first place. If a publisher pays a lot of money for licensing rights and don't earn much money from it, then they will eventually stop buying licensing rights thus leaving all authors with one less revenue stream. The reason why authors receive a smaller royalty from English releases than Japanese releases is because people just pirate the English releases instead of buying them, thus resulting in the licensing rights becoming less valuable which again leaves the author with a smaller royalty.

The manga industry is a business, and a very fragile one at that. Only reason why it has thrived for so long in Japan is because they have a strict relationship with copyright over there, but over here it's much more difficult to make revenue from it due to the perception that art is something that should be free. It's okay to read scanlated manga when it's clear that there's no plans for an official English release, but when there are official translations and even digital ones available for 10 bucks a volume, then you have no excuse, so stop being entitled little crybabies and learn to pay for the entertainment you enjoy like you would for anything else.

ahhhh this reminds of that coworker who I almost banged because he had such a great guy smell. I wonder how he's doing?

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda hate the FL. She is a mousy indecisive ball of anxiety with no redeeming qualities. She doesn't have enough chemistry with ML. If they swapped personalities, it would've been a lot more interesting.

@enochcity
You completely ignored the fact that I am Brazilian, that I live in Brazil and not in the United States. Your argument is only valid for those who live in the United States, as this is where the manga is being officially released. Official release here in my country is in portuguese. hahahahahaha.
The comparison you made with the Iphone 11 is also not valid, as it was officially launched in Brazil, unlike the manga "Sweat and Soap". If the title comes to Brazil, then you can make this comparison.

I will explain my point again to see if you understand: I get sad when the group drops the translation of the manga. They think that only americans read the scans in english. I don't know Japanese, so I read the english scans because they usually come out more than in portuguese. It's not because I want to read for free, it's because it didn't come out in my country and I know english.
And honestly I prefer to give my money to the brazilian publisher than to the american publisher, Brazil is my country after all.

Fed-Kun's army
@lilimints Hey, this is old comments, but did you find any alternative to read this ?
I only found a Portuguese translation, (sadly) it's the Brazilian version.
I speak PT - PT so it's not easy to get the sense of what they say, the expressions are very different, even tho its the same language but its better than Japanese XD
they are at chap 17 currently

Fed-Kun's army
@NanaMiku Manga4Life has up to chapter 17.5, it's behind on most manga compared to mangadex, but has a few things that mangadex doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread