[Tags] 'Left to Right' and 'Right to Left' tag

Dex-chan lover
I think almost everyone knows that manga is supposed to be read from right to left. And for manhwa or anything else, you read from left to right.
That's not always the case. Sometimes you get scans that read from left to right, even if it's a Japanese Manga.
Here's an example of a Japanese Manga that I read recently, but it actually reads from left to right. There are a lot of cases like this
https://mangadex.org/title/b4776944-898c-4396-9ef5-868478ebb051/the-walking-man

Dex-chan lover
Alot of older manga only have flipped scans too. Annoying but yeah nothing like finding out your reading a flip when you suddenly notice the flow of convo doesn't quite fit.

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Alot of older manga only have flipped scans too. Annoying but yeah nothing like finding out your reading a flip when you suddenly notice the flow of convo doesn't quite fit.
I'm a bit slow sometimes so it can take a few pages, and doesn't help when the translation is a bit.. iffy in the first place (well, not to mention if there is no obvious flow when it comes to the art itself either) :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit slow sometimes so it can take a few pages, and doesn't help when the translation is a bit.. iffy in the first place (well, not to mention if there is no obvious flow when it comes to the art itself either) :nyoron:
I kept doing it when reading the entirety in several long marathons to Ranma 1/2 so I feel ya there lol.

Contributor
Bumping this because I was just about to suggest it (although I doubt this'll be enough to get the devs' attention based on the last time I bumped a suggestion). As some people have pointed out, a series's reading direction is usually understood, so I don't think these tags should be required. But it would be nice to have them as an option so that it can be made clear if, say, a manga-style comic is meant to be read left-to-right.

Users who are viewing this thread