Tamarowa

Fed-Kun's army
@xlhca You misunderstand the normal cycle of humanity. The 50s of one era can and typically will be similar to that of a future "50s" era. History does indeed show it is on the proper course of repeating.

Since my comment explaining my context, while the "headline" of my original comment is still on display, I can only assume my context greatly defeats any argument in offense to the "headline" of my original comment.

good manga have low ratings? You mean what you consider as a good manga. But thing is, it’s not all about you. It’s a popularity vote dammit
It's far from a popularity vote when one side is brigading it out of spite.
Also, it isn't just about me, it's all the people that are like me who are trying to find stuff to read but are noticing some of the better manga getting low rating votes solely based on their own bias.
Only one side is doing this.

If I started voting 1 star on slice of manga, simply because I find it appalling, and those manga started to get buried with the other 5 stars, it just creates confusion and chaos.
If you allow one side to be oppressed, the other side will see it as a war.

Anyways, women aren’t the only ones voting it a 1. Take me for example.
Due to the fact that you had a logical fallacy in your 2nd sentence, the implication of your 2nd sentence in the quote above can cause me to deduce that you can be classified with them.

Remember, it's not about what YOU hate, it's about not spreading that hate and ruining everyone's manga search endevours.

whats the point of reading a trashy smut manga if theres hardly even any sex smh

Dex-chan lover
@Randomguy01 , i find that searching by follows is better than searching by score... But it's not perfect either. Best thing is using multiple sites, especially for chinese ones... At least the .01% of them which are decent enough to not give you an aneurysm while trying to figure out the hells going on.

good choice waiting for the volume raws! lmao no way im reading that censored shit

@Randomguy01 I kinda agree with you but I don't agree that the problem is women, nor do I think the answer is separating the voting. You would have to prove for instance that women are the giving primarily one star on this series and others.

I agree people rate manga for things that have nothing to do with quality i.e. technical quality and more to do with whether they like its theme, message, premise, or something in the manga offended them. So you have a bunch of series that may be good but are rated 0-6 for dumb reasons. But I don't think women specifically are at fault here. MAL has the same problem that nearly every hentai is rated low for seemingly no reason and it's actually hard for an SOL to get an average rating of 8/10 on MAL.

Fed-Kun's army
@AlphaFlow Thanks for the insight! Searching by follows sounds logical.

@kingaron Separating the voting regardless of who may be voting should still fix the problem. Even if the voting was separated by left vs right, or feminine vs masculine. I think people would feel more respect for a voting system if they knew it wasn't being brigaded by people who they will most likely never agree with.
Same can be said for any mob-ruled voting system (democracy). If say USA for example could have two different Presidents or rulers, and could segregate itself, there would be a much lesser chance of clashing.
Since segregating votes isn't being enforced though, at some point the difference will become so extreme that one side will lament and want to murder the other side so that their voting favors what they want.

I only mentioned women based on a premise from commenters. If I saw a "good" SOL getting downvoted with men leaving comments giving enough evidence as to how they rated the manga, then I would blame men in that case.

I rather go back to my original issue, in that many manga are not properly being rated due to people's biases and is causing a soft rating war and so now good manga in general is just harder to find.

Obviously none of this is important as the current owners of this site would probably never change the rating system as it would be ground breaking. This is the type of change we'd have to see IRL first before other followed suit.

Group Leader
Finally dropped - I was a damn fool for thinking that this would eventually have good plot. Can't believe we be out here debating about women's voting rights (/s) when we could've just read some hentai instead.

Series would be better if it was unintentional yuri with all the girl characters being absorbed into her harem. The plot jumped the shark early on when the "marry a rich guy and divorce him for half his yen" fell apart when it became the "after dark tamarowa" so it's a little silly someone as calculating as gotou yuuna went along with it.

Banned
The art is great.... but this is painful to read in all other respects. Even the Best Girl has a pathetic and unappealing personality.... and almost everyone else is utter irredeemable filth. Oh, and it used the forbidden p-word too. Gotta hate that.

Would have been 4/10, but I'm lowering it to 3/10 because of the p-word violation.

Users who are viewing this thread