Teasing Master Takagi-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 136 - Vision Contest

@CKT0304
Thanks for the additional details!

I also didn't understand what was going on until the TL notes. The 'N' and '3' were weird so I didn't recognize them as latin letters at first, the '3' looked like a ksi or something, leading me to think japanese had their own vision chart thingie...

As a confirmed weeb I think keeping the original would've been better here. Not bashing or anything, just sharing my opinion on the subject ; I know translating isn't easy in those cases. I actually don't even read this series...

Love the translation note! Thanks for all the extra effort you put in it, guys!

You should seriously go pro with this level of localization skills

I had no idea what was going on because the things they were pronouncing as letters weren't letters, which totally threw me off what stage of the game each panel was at.
I get wanting to localise it, but why not localise it to English in an English translation?

Just read this and you could just kept the original characters and would have been better in this chapter really

I think the translation was a good move. Definitely got the point across more clearly

Take page 3 out of context and suddently Nishikata becomes an aggressive bully.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah I had 0 idea what you guys were trying to do with the edit until I read the notes.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's a good improvisation on the translation, but the font choice was a bit misleading. I might be stupid, but the 3 looked so odd that I didn't even think it was a 3, it didn't click at all until the last page. I might've picked up on the '<3' earlier had it been a different font.

I really didn't get it at all until the last few pages. I feel like this attempt of localization wasn't good at all, "すき" is simple and recognizable and a small translation note would have been better and more than enough.

Users who are viewing this thread