Teasing Master Takagi-san - Vol. 16 Ch. 136 - Vision Contest

Fed-Kun's army
@TSP Clever TL, 10/10. Appreciate you guys. I was going to write more defending your decision, but it seems largely unnecessary. I promote any decision made to avoid TL notes and Wapanese!

> すき is simple and recognizable
Only if you can read hiragana. The fact you'd still have a TL note to explain it away negates both of those properties.

Dex-chan lover
Well I understood why you did it, but in my opinion I think it would have been better to just leave the Japanese joke intact and just explain it beside the panels

Was wondering what the heck was going on until I read the TL notes... I wish you would've kept the original hiragana though and not change it to symbols...

<3 was kinda weird but it was a solid decision
the assmad weebs who are upset about it have probably never received a <3 from someone they love
keep up the good work.

Come on dude! Give us them dating already, even the shogi senpai is more close to that than these two.
By the way, if you haven’t read the shogi one, what are you waiting for? Is more fast than this two 🤣

so I like the change to using <3 in place of すき, but it got me curious about the first round. what were they spelling out then, was it in English or Japanese? @TSP

Dex-chan lover
The weird part is imaging how that'd sound.
"Less than... 3."
Like, you can't physically say < as if it were a letter, and it wouldn't make sense in verbatim. It only works because it's a text-based medium.

Dex-chan lover
@TSP
In my opinion, it would have made more sense to leave the characters as they were (at least for Takagi's portion) with a note. Not that I don't appreciate the effort, that can't have been easy to do.

Dex-chan lover
Considering Nishikata is reading the symbols out loud, I read it as "less than 3" which made no damn sense to me at all, until I figured it was originally "su-ki" or something similar. Then I read the credits and realized it was supposed to be a heart, but even then, why would he be embarrassed about reading those characters? They still spell "less than 3" and nothing else.
It honestly should have been left as was. A simple side note (su - ki = love) would have definitely been "smoother" than this.

Anyway, thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
"<3 is the awesomest translation EVAH because we aren't weebs!"

😑

<3 is pronounced "less than" and "three". It isn't pronounced "heart" or "love" or anyway else that the holier than thou "non-weebs" ikku over. And that's the purpose of a bloody eye chart. Until I read the page-long translator note, I was literally reading < and 3, which is what one would do in an eye exam. I knew there probably was some Japanese joke that was desperately trying to be Westernized for my protection because what was on page made no sense.

Since the Japanese alphabets are phonetic, spelling out something actually says a word when done in a correct order. I suspect that an official translator/adapter would have just left "su" and "ki" in there with a "(like/love)" in-text translation note. Simple, effective, and doesn't require a page explanation.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rag on the translator/adapter here. I appreciate the chapter. I just don't like sanctimonious, holier than thou stuff I was seeing in the comments.

Fed-Kun's army
How disappointing it is to see a lot of comments thinking this would be a cool chapter

Only to see people talking about "<3"... bruh

Users who are viewing this thread