Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Dex-chan lover
I hope you're all having fun and enduring, it's painful sometime, really painful, extremely, especially when you have no choice but to be in that pain. But... It will get better.
Yahoo, that pain I was in last year is back, but I did all the writing I could before, take THAT! It's... a hollow victory at best... sigh life is funny sometimes, and in some twisted ways. Luckily I've already done the old cry into pillow trick until I fall asleep again, and may do so tonight...
I wanted sleep this time, now I'm getting sleep but always feel tired... Stress... But, I'm still here, enduring, that's got to count to something, to someone, at least it does to me. And if you're still enduring whatever it is in your life... There's gotta be something at the end of this... Otherwise, why're we still here, right?
I just have to hold on, you just have to hold on, to who I am, to who you are. We can do this... It may feel like a stormy sea and the island you see before you is only getting farther but someday we'll make it... Someday...

Contributor
Everything mentioned in the last posts can be cured with a good dakimakura. Well, except for the microplastics, those will last for a while, just watch what you eat, specially depending where it comes from!

Group Leader
I can't stop laughing at this for some reason. XD

https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...e-to-my-feelings.1726307/page-7#post-21346784
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...e-to-my-feelings.1726307/page-7#post-21347765
https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...e-to-my-feelings.1726307/page-7#post-21348092
Oh my god, my stomach. I can't breath. XD
47.gif

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Well, except for the microplastics, those will last for a while, just watch what you eat, specially depending where it comes from!
Yeah, but the problem is plastic is showing up literally everywhere at this point. Eating something from the ocean? Plastics. Something from a freshwater farm? Plastics. Any kind of processed grain/flour? Plastics. Any land animal that's eaten commercial feed? Plastics. I'm not too inclined to freak out about it, since there's no escaping it at this point, but it's disappointing.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but the problem is plastic is showing up literally everywhere at this point.
I feel you. I also think often about these things.

Plastics, radiation, metal flakes, asbestos, machine exhaust, dust, molds, other carcinogens, space debris. Ultimately, all these things in the average Western country are blips compared to the likelihood of dying in a car accident, something we come close to almost every day and have far more control over. So there is no point letting those longer-term existential threats control your life beyond being reasonably sensible.

This is anecdotal, but I think there is also something to be said about the resilience of the human body when it comes to pumping it full of toxins and garbage. I've been around junkies and hopeless people with cripplingly terrible habits. As in, actively going out of their way to ruin their bodies. To be honest, which ones live to the tender age of 60 and those (relatively few) that die before that as a direct result often feels utterly arbitrary.

Contributor
Yeah, but the problem is plastic is showing up literally everywhere at this point. Eating something from the ocean? Plastics. Something from a freshwater farm? Plastics. Any kind of processed grain/flour? Plastics. Any land animal that's eaten commercial feed? Plastics. I'm not too inclined to freak out about it, since there's no escaping it at this point, but it's disappointing.
Yes, I know, though there are still areas free of microplastics. The worst part of them and other common wrapping items is that they pollute the aliments within. For instance, a frozen pizza gets contaminated by the plastic that covers it plus the tints used on the box, plus other prejudicial elements that can absord said pizza plus all the additives that make all together a non-sanitary processed product. I guess there's no escaping to that in the USA, but not all the parts of the world are equally fucked-up. And since those in charge are not taking countermeasures, it's only expected that the amount of microplastics we ingest increases, the most alarming rate is that of oceans and seas. They have the means, but they're not going to go against capitalism.

Dex-chan lover
I've been around junkies and hopeless people with cripplingly terrible habits.
I go to 12 step meetings because that used to be me. There are a surprising number of older members - many of us should be dead several times over, and yet, here we are.
I guess there's no escaping to that in the USA, but not all the parts of the world are equally fucked-up.
...sort of. The sheer number of places plastic is showing up at this point - ice samples in the Antarctic, glaciers on mountain ranges, the bottom of the Mariana Trench - makes me think no one is really 'escaping it' at this point, though there are certainly places you could go to lessen your exposure.

Contributor
Since the oceans/seas are the hugest dumpster if you avoid eating fish (and specially big ones) you can escape of insane amounts microplastics, mercury and other polluting elements.

Dex-chan lover
Within me lies two solutions.
A) Sleep early and fix my sleeping schedule.
B) Stay up late and forcefully fix my sleeping schedule, which I will inevitable fail.
My mind's telling me A.... But my body... MUH BODY'S TELLIN' ME B~ 😭

Dex-chan lover
getting slower and probably more lazy when it comes to drawing.
oh well, a good solution to that problem is always drawing more :02:

Banned
youre literally transphobic/homophobic bigot if you think trans or fem presenting male equates to child predator you smooth brain waste of oxygen motherfucker you probably jerk off to underage yuri and you dont say shit because its female and you never felt the touch of a woman besides your mother go on and cry on social media about it blow your brains out while youre at it

Contributor
Regrettably, a lot of them do the same with yuri and non-yuri, a lot of them will tell you that the reason there are women who are child predators is because of oneeloli or lolis in general (no need to check normie forums, Dynasty and sometimes Mangadex is enough. Or even say that homosexual women are child predators). So either bishonen, loli or simply underage/age gap minors (straight or LGTBIQA+, cis or not cisgender), they're going to call you degenerate because it's not a shonen/shoujo romcom where there's no issue if there's an age gap and consent issues.

Dex-chan lover
unfortunatly, from what I've seen, the general progressive ideas around the queer, has kinda moved away from "they just have a different bedroom life" and has moved more towards "you must see it and accept it because otherwise its erasing them which is just as bad as actually killing them irl, which would equate to a trans genocide". like I can't be the only one that thinks its really stupid how despite being queer ppl being given priviledged access trought diversity hiring on top of being treated normally, they still need to bring their flag everywhere because that's the only way they feel validated.
like, for what def feels like a huge vocal chunk of them, its no longer about having the option to be succesful and normal, now they need to be seen and constantly be counter cultural and destroy gender norms (which funilly enough, does make them the regular culture now, which means now when kids hit the age where they become rebelious, they just choose in alot of cases, to embrace the old binary)

tldr; since nowadays all the queer ppl who are competent have been integrated into society are no longer interested in pushing for their acceptance, all you're left with are the dumb ones who use and abuse their position as "protected/marginalized classes" to act on whatever depraved stereotypes they have because that's countercultural and a loud signifier of their queerness.
a good example of what I'm talking about would be how the statement "I respect gay people, at least the ones that are not in your face about it", and how its treated online as a dogwhistle and stuff.

youre literally transphobic/homophobic bigot if you think trans or fem presenting male equates to child predator
everytime I've been sent or seen people discussing trap/femboy (especially tomgirls) hentai, the femboy has always looked like he was 15 at most. while it is true that young women are attractive, I've always personally seen feminity expressed the best in older women (as in, olwer than 21). Yet the fact that femboys seemingly have a very shallow idea of what feminity is, I can't really help but laugh at that. well hopefully with the rise in hag posting, those people will start to relaize that maybe moving away from the "bearely legal" bodytype is a good idea.

anyways, gay rights, trans rights are hupan rights and whatever other semi progressive saying will give me brownie point this week.

Users who are viewing this thread