Tell us, what's bothering you ?

Dex-chan lover
"Mom and your young siblings are going back to Qatar"
Awesome, finally I can be alone. Jump rope and going to the gym unbothered, all that shiz

"You have to accompany your mom going to Qatar"
Uh, sure. I can do that.

"And stay in Qatar for a week"
fitz-unpog.jpg

I have to deal with my dad for a week? Fine...

Dex-chan lover
"Mom and your young siblings are going back to Qatar"
Awesome, finally I can be alone. Jump rope and going to the gym unbothered, all that shiz

"You have to accompany your mom going to Qatar"
Uh, sure. I can do that.

"And stay in Qatar for a week"
fitz-unpog.jpg

I have to deal with my dad for a week? Fine...
Good luck - hopefully it goes smoothly (or at least quickly).

Dex-chan lover
what's your dad like, if he made you sigh at the thought of having to be at his presence
I grew up with him being very oppressive; very strict and blunt whenever I did mistakes.
He could've worded his reprimands better, but I know my dad grew up like that too. Still, since I grew up with my dad being like that, I guess it's imprinted how harsh he was to me. Often times the question he asks put me in an awkward mood, so that, too.

Dex-chan lover
well, good luck and try not to get scammed by the tourist traps.

also make sure your papers are in a safe place, heard they had a human trafficking problem over there.

Dex-chan lover
My dad died a few days ago so yeah...just trying my best to cope and eat the pain up,i refuse to let myself cry but that led to me feeling apathetic. I mostly worry about my mom and want to help her as much as i can.
My condolences - I hope your memories of him are good ones.

Everyone has to figure out how to grieve in a way that works for them, so there's no 'right or wrong' way to do it. A couple things based on my own experience and observing others over a bunch of years: take some time for yourself if that's what you need to do - there's no shame in self-care; crying is a perfectly normal and acceptable response to the loss of someone close to you; and simply spending some time with those close to you who share your loss will deepen those relationships and can help all of you move through the process. The last one can also provide an outlet to talk about any challenges in dealing with grief, which itself can help to process that grief.

The only two things I would recommend against are not taking any time to grieve and trying to 'power through it,' and never moving past the grieving process. The first one seems to make people cold and bitter and distant. The second one tends to keep people locked in the past instead of being able to keep living their lives in the present.

I hope you and your mother are able to help each other through your loss, and wish you both the very best. :hearts:

Supporter
My dad died a few days ago so yeah...just trying my best to cope and eat the pain up,i refuse to let myself cry but that led to me feeling apathetic. I mostly worry about my mom and want to help her as much as i can.
My condolences i lost my old man 4 years ago the pain truly nevers goes away honestly it's best to let it out now instead of holding it in if you want to put up a brave front just do it in private that shit eats up at you the longer you hold it in and the sooner you let it out you can start recalling the joy he brought you vice dwelling solely on the loss.

My condolences - I hope your memories of him are good ones.

Everyone has to figure out how to grieve in a way that works for them, so there's no 'right or wrong' way to do it. A couple things based on my own experience and observing others over a bunch of years: take some time for yourself if that's what you need to do - there's no shame in self-care; crying is a perfectly normal and acceptable response to the loss of someone close to you; and simply spending some time with those close to you who share your loss will deepen those relationships and can help all of you move through the process. The last one can also provide an outlet to talk about any challenges in dealing with grief, which itself can help to process that grief.

The only two things I would recommend against are not taking any time to grieve and trying to 'power through it,' and never moving past the grieving process. The first one seems to make people cold and bitter and distant. The second one tends to keep people locked in the past instead of being able to keep living their lives in the present.

I hope you and your mother are able to help each other through your loss, and wish you both the very best. :hearts:
Thank you for the kind words,I'm currently waiting for things to die down since it has been really busy with my relatives on my dad's side,they are a big family tree and they're troublesome people which i honestly don't really like so I'm forced to power through for some day's until i can be in my comfort zone and start to process everything slowly. Another thing I'm worried is that I'm still in university and don't have a job which would have been helpful for supporting mom more but alas. Also being an introvert makes things more difficult

Last edited:
My condolences i lost my old man 4 years ago the pain truly nevers goes away honestly it's best to let it out now instead of holding it in if you want to put up a brave front just do it in private that shit eats up at you the longer you hold it in and the sooner you let it out you can start recalling the joy he brought you vice dwelling solely on the loss.
Thank you 💙

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, once more things are looking good. And I've spent this week crazy writing. I've completed 5 big chapters this week, 6 if you count the one I reworked at the start to end a little less suddenly. While this Chunk of the Story feels definitely shorter, I am now upon the Finale of it. Yet another big battle chapter which is my only worry now, save for perhaps me catching whatever sickness my family is coming down with. (Last time I was sick, I was so spent one day I passed out on the Couch listening to a Camelworks Curious Curios video! Though i think the video aided that XD! And long before that, when the pandemic started, the sickness was worse, shakes all the time and I threw up after feeling so much pressure on my head I popped a blood vessel in my EYE)
This Chapter is going to be freaking huge, I have to break down the city I've built up, kill off all the side characters I've seen through mini-arcs of their own, I have to see the core group through all their battles, see them parted by the battle and the one's who remain defeated. I already spent the morning reworking the previous chapter's end and beginning to set this up better, and just completed a 3 page build up, assessing growths and whatnot.
But, this thing's going to be 40-60 pages... And I have to get it done by the end of Sunday! HAH! For some reason this trouble is actually kind of exciting! I'm in a good place now, though nothing much has changed. I guess I've resolved to something: Throughout all of my life thus far I've lost time and been threatened of more being taken whilst it was being taken. But, I still have time, no matter how short it is. So with that time I should do what I love.
It's a bleak outlook, sure, but it's all I've got, and in a way, it makes me look forward to the coming years, knowing that while things may grow darker, there will always be some time, maybe an hour, or less, but there will always be time.

Users who are viewing this thread