Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life ~Daini no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~ - Ch. 64.2

Dex-chan lover
Damn, there's so much to comment on. I don't even know where to start.
  • Of course there's a Z course and Yuuji gets it, to nobody's surprise
  • Swordsman to the front and magicians to the back? Classic arrangement. So Yuuji should be at the back. Wait, why's he in the front?
  • Even the teacher is surprised at the low density of monsters? Guess that's not the teachers' doing then.
  • If not in combat, how else would someone try out new ways to fight?
  • I'm gonna guess Marie somehow read Yuuji's body language and got the unconcious hint that there's a monster up ahead.

Dex-chan lover
  • I'm gonna guess Marie somehow read Yuuji's body language and got the unconcious hint that there's a monster up ahead.
On page 19 she's clearly looking at Yuuji when he first reacts to the monster and continues watching him up until she says there's a monster on the next one.

In regards to the monsters not being there since the start of their trip: if not the teacher, then who or what wiped them out? Maybe one of the super dragons, but I don't think so. But I don't know what else it could be either.

Dex-chan lover
Copying the trashiest stance of all time :kek:

The lack of monsters will probably be caused by some kind of insane strong monster. Gotta have something for Yuuji to do.

Dex-chan lover
Ok people place your bets, why are there no monsters?
1: Yuuji is leaking magical power and the monsters are afraid
2: Evil group is planing on killing Yuuji during training and has set up some magic trap
3: Powerful monster, most likely dragon, has taken up residency in the forest

Dex-chan lover
Ok people place your bets, why are there no monsters?
1: Yuuji is leaking magical power and the monsters are afraid
2: Evil group is planing on killing Yuuji during training and has set up some magic trap
3: Powerful monster, most likely dragon, has taken up residency in the forest
given that Yuuji hasn't had a power spike and had normal encounters outside of the trial, I'll bet on 3 or 'other'

Dex-chan lover
I'd actually guess that an evil organisation has been aggressively collecting all these monsters for mass production purposes and for some reason failed to hide the impact of their actions.
The reason why I believe this is that there were a few cases where a monster was alone in a random area while still being seemingly normal. So the monsters weren't chased away by killing intent of a super dragon, but instead swiftly removed one by one while missing a few stragglers.
Of course, the difficulty of removing every monster in an area with no one noticing anything off while powerful people are there is a point against my guess, but maybe there's a perception inhibitor magical artifact or something?

Dex-chan lover
this whole training is so stupid, why are they making the entire group take the Z test but then limiting MC? if he's limited then they they shouldn't be ranked to Z and the group isn't ranked at Z just 1 member is, why punish the entire group for that? this school has been really dumb from the first time he stepped foot in there.

Dex-chan lover
That's what sparring matches and practice are for.
You really want a movement to become ingrained in muscle memory so that you can keep paying attention to what your opponent is up to while your body does the work...
And test in a safe environment if your move has a weakness

this whole training is so stupid, why are they making the entire group take the Z test but then limiting MC? if he's limited then they they shouldn't be ranked to Z and the group isn't ranked at Z just 1 member is, why punish the entire group for that? this school has been really dumb from the first time he stepped foot in there.
because he's physically capable enough of tackling anything anyways, or at least enough. if he was allowed to scout and to fight, then there isn't even a point of having him in a group. he'd completely carry them. Yuuji still has to go through a course himself and going solo probably isn't worth much on any lower difficulty course the teachers could send him on. this way, everyone in the group can have an opportunity to grow somehow and they deemed the others aren't overly carried nor burdened by this

Dex-chan lover
because he's physically capable enough of tackling anything anyways, or at least enough. if he was allowed to scout and to fight, then there isn't even a point of having him in a group. he'd completely carry them. Yuuji still has to go through a course himself and going solo probably isn't worth much on any lower difficulty course the teachers could send him on. this way, everyone in the group can have an opportunity to grow somehow and they deemed the others aren't overly carried nor burdened by this
All this, AND with Yuuji there as support, he can help the other students grow further.

Dex-chan lover
It’ll be something if this ends with one of the calamity dragons appearing cause while it’s still kinda interesting (read:funny), this arc has been as deadpan as Yuuji’s face so far.
Since there is only 1 calamity dragon left I doubt. A powerful monster maybe, but not a calmity dragon

Users who are viewing this thread