Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life ~Daini no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~

Double-page supporter
MC: Ten thousands monsters? Not a problem! Everyone, hurry and get behind my barrier! I will now use my ultimate skill!
SURE KILL : CLIFFHANGER!
*readers take 9999 damages*
....oh wait...

Fed-Kun's army
I've held off on reviewing this to give it my mandatory 5-chapter testing phase, so here we go:

This isekai is complete trash. You can ignore the vast majority of the speech bubbles, and even the occasional entire page, and miss nothing of value. ESPECIALLY if you're familiar with the isekai genre.

In particular, the MC pendulums HARD between reasonably smart (properly investigating, modifying, and using his powers; dealing with unknown/sudden threats) to pathetically, cringe-inducingly stupid (not communicating critically important information to the people who need to know when they are literally standing right in front of him talking about the exact topic he has information about; in chapter 6,
setting up an attack that will cripple an innocent ally without warning her
).

This is a manga you CANNOT enjoy unless you explicitly turn your brain off and selectively ignore huge portions of it. Dropped and 1/10.

Nvm this manga is ass. The Mc has no struggles, no tension in the story. Everything is given to him on a silver spoon. He didn’t even get a power he levels up, it just comes super powerful.

Ch1. This game is beyond broken. I have no expectations for this. However, I need to study for my hist exam, so ill read it.

Group Leader
@gum_rummy That's the one! I just searched the name you mentioned and confirmed it. I'm surprised it got a manga. More surprised anyone was able to recognize the name from the description I gave lol

Alright, caught up. I would give this a 6 at best. I will say that the author and artist puts extreme effort into making the MC into a complete dud. No distinguishable body or facial features, no expression, no personality, and no life. Yet he can do anything. Yes, it is one of those isekais....

They do contrast it by giving with moderately well drawn side characters with personality (including a dog). In other words, this is the type of manga where the MC is the least distinguishable character. If you want a self-insert manga where you can be surrounded by interesting characters, and you yourself are an overly boring person (like myself), here you go.

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is up with slimes nowadays lmao

That being said, the slimes are pretty cute so it's okay

Double-page supporter
My conclusion after reading a few chapters. Is that his MC was dropped on his head as a baby. best way to describe him.. would be hes special.
Theres alot of other stuff wrong with it, but I sorta done with it.

Supporter
MC may have the personality of a rock, but at least he has the intelligence to back it up. I like how his magic system works; basically designing it with a Jarvis-like UI. I also like how he's so proud that he "copy" and "pasted" his work.. trying to tell us something author? We get it, these tropes have been done 1000x before but we still like you for it. Thank you for creating likeable characters outside of the MC.
I think authors make MCs like this so they just go along with the flow of the story. Makes them easier to manipulate into doing what the other characters want them to do. Sure it's lazy, but at least it's hard to write themselves into a corner like I've seen so many other authors do here.

Why does it always have to be slimes, I get that is the current trend but come on.

Dex-chan lover
@Jesotku : because thanks to dragon warrior they are the steriotypical weakest monster in Japan.

I think next weakest tends to be rabbits with a horn on their head.

Users who are viewing this thread