Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life - Vol. 8 Ch. 22 - Taming was surprisingly not as easy as it sounded.

@baconcat I tried understanding your comment but with no context I can't even tell what has you so angry all I see is that your pissed off that someone misspelled monster but what does you putting dash marks in the words "monster" "understand" and "barrier" help clarify? Just to be clear I am not attacking you or anything this is just me being curious and trying to understand that's all.

Dex-chan lover
@thyfucketh seen a few manga were bird mouths a covered in spines, teeth and or villia (those soft flesh protrusions that kinda look like stalactites

MD@Home
@Myon No problem, thank you for asking.
The issue is that it's not just an accidental misspelling but a conscious disregard for wordbreak rules. Rules that someone didn't just pull out of nowhere but became codified agreements over what and how things read the best. Reading this chapter, you'll find Soseki almost always breaking "monster" as "mons-ter" (except curiously for one or two places where he seemingly forgot about how to do it wrong), "understand" as "unders-tand" (which looks fucking retarded no matter what reasoning one might conjure to justify it), "barrier" (and other words with double consonants) as "ba-rrier" (except again for one or two places where the word is broken correctly between the double consonants), and one that I didn't manage to fit into that rant, "subordinates" as "su-bordinates" (mybrainisfulloffuck.jpg).

Worse yet, reading other works typeset by Soseki, you'll find that this is no exception, so you might find my reluctance to be any less undiplomatic understandable. As a TS, he should KNOW, being the one who converts the hard work of translators, proofreaders, editors, and what-have-you into what's eventually facing the reader. I'd be embarrassed to have my work corrupted by such an arrogant cunt who has a history of being an arrogant cunt. Yet here we have another release screwed by this idiot who seems to think while most rules of communication and readability (you know, spelling, grammar, font choice, text size …) apply EXCEPT for some ass-pulled reason selectively only those about wordbreak.

Mistakes happen. Being habitually negligent or ignorant, or being an arrogant cunt, is a choice.

Double-page supporter
heh... so moons are actually the good guys?? 😗

Dex-chan lover
Boo, so the cockatrice was bait after all. It would have been such an original idea for an isekai pet too.

The priest returns. Was wondering when he'd pop up again. Rather nice to see an upper echeloned priest doing the work of God. (Getting tired of all the isekied corrupt/evil priest stories)

Thanks for the translation

@Nematoda
Don't only the extremely powerful spells take out a chunk of his MP and put him in the negatives? I wouldn't expect basic flying to put a dent in his MP, since it seems like it's pretty large.

Fed-Kun's army
Slimes are basically just the best monsters in this world. Also cute how he got a momma slime w/ her kids added to his friends. The new bird also seems funny.

Thanks for the chapter

Double-page supporter
@Baysiri why do you think 'flying magic' are basic in that world? You see people flying around there?

And he trying search flying pet not just for ride, but also for scouting and transfer those slimes to other place

@Nematoda
Flight magic is much more basic than the spells that drain his mana into the negatives. His world obviously follows a basic principle with the naming structure of the spells he uses, and we've seen him use different tiers of spells in the fire tier. So one would then come to the conclusion that the high tier spells that he uses are much more mana consuming that something like a regular flight spell. He has already demonstrated casting invisibility, so nothing suggests that flight would have a much bigger mana consumption than casting invisibility. Invisibility would be a single tier spell, with no upper or lower tiers, and it just consistently drains his mana as long as it's active. Flight would be the exact same thing. Also, his regular spells are amped so there's nothing to suggest that flying magic wouldn't be amped for him too.

As for your scouting argument, with his large mana pool, he could easily make himself invisible and scout places and have slimes ride on him. Sure, having a tamed monster would save him the trouble and mana for transport, but the fact that he hasn't even tried to use flight just to see if it would work for what he's trying to accomplish, is a lazy writing plot hole on the author's part.

Double-page supporter
@Baysiri first, invisibility are buff spell, while flight magic are active spell, you need to maintain and control your spell so your body move to the way you wanted....
in fact having 'flight magic' then fly whatever you want without ever care about your mana pool or how its work is the Lazy writing plot hole...
besides the slimes cannot control the magic, so MC need to control them manually IF he can cast flight magic and using it on them, control those many slimes on many places? unless you got 'parallel thought', i doubt you can do multitasking process like that...

second, his knowledge about magic come from sage's book, there's also possibility either that 'flight magic' doesn't exist yet, the sage can't use it, or the books on sage home are incomplete so he don't know the spell yet...

if he ride slime to scouting, it just beat the purpose of he cast invisibility on slime then....
you do realize that he has slimes scattered around the town and other place right? why bother himself to do scouting when you can just sit relaxing and let your pets do the job, then do scouting job with your 'share vision'

Double-page supporter
OOOOOH MILF slime...
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread