Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 3…

god fucking hell charlotte 17 in this chapter and when ars met her for the first time she was flat asf, now she giving off ARA ARA vibes

Double-page supporter
@wahyurockajn Yeah, read some some chapters of the WNbut not a lot, and also remember there are differences in some arcs. Like the one with the meeting of Charlotte and also other stuff. But Charlotte doesnt get a love interest, right? Like, i dont fucking want charlotte and Ritsu to be a couple. I prefer them to stay in that brother/sister relationship

Dex-chan lover
@AceTheBase so far no and i don't feel like she is going to for a short while maybe when ars is growing up and showing his charm around teenager maybe we can see that but who knows as even if i read the webnovel that far there is maybe a different in the manga

Oh no! Shes strategically minded, politically astute and ambitious!! How terrifying!!!!?

FOR A PLEBEIAN!!!

Your the future Lord of the family, you have a large and powerful retinue both skilled and loyal. You legit have everything she needs to realize whatever ambition she has and your her betrothed.

Seems like a match made in heaven.

You got what she needs and can satisfy her ambition - your success will be her success, and unlike a dumb hoe, she knows it.

She will support the MC and drive future prosperity.

Dex-chan lover
@Spoonikle
His retinue isn't that big, actually,
His whole population only amounts to one thousand.
Sure, it's already quite well-off, but an ambitious person can easily imagine a far larger target.

10 year old schemers.
The most dangerous kinda schemers.

Actually, I was saying that as a joke, but imagining my sister at ten years old, growing up as a noble and acting in a political landscape instead of just our home dynamics, and having access to soldiers. . . is utterly terrifying.

She’s grown up to be cool though.

Take care little bobblehead.

BTW to everyone confused by Ars thinking high ambition = danger:

tl;dr
An honest and loyal person who would never betray others will have a low ambition stat even if they are sincerely desiring and striving to become emperor. On the flip side, a person who doesn’t give a lick about loyalty and thinks of others as tools to be used and thrown away will have a high Ambition Stat. . . even if they don’t have any particularly strong or sincere ambitions beyond “get the best fiancé I can and live comfortably”.

tl;dr2
So far as Ars (and us) know about his appraisal ability, the fiancé’s high Ambition Stat isn’t proof that she wants a strong and prosperous territory or that she’ll value and love her husband. . . it’s more like a measurement of her willingness to poison him if he stops being useful towards her goals.

— — —

It’s true that the true definition of ambition has a broad meaning and doesn’t require any potential for betrayal or lack of loyalty.

However, the initial descriptor of the “Ambition” STAT that Ars sees on people’s boards was something like, “potential for betrayal”.

An easy to understand comparison would be the “Bravery” STAT.

For Ars’ appraisal “Bravery” is a measurement of someone’s strength/combat power, but the actual word “bravery” has NO direct connection to a person’s strength or combat ability.

It’s true that the Charlotte arc has shown us that the Ambition Stat is more than it’s initial, simple definition; but the core meaning of the stat shouldn’t be forgotten.

Ars’ appraisal ability SUMMARIZES a person’s abilities and dispositions with numbers and grades. The Ambition Stat is a numerical summary that INCLUDES a person’s general ambitious nature. . . but, at least insofar as we have currently been shown, the summary should place a higher emphasis on the person’s willingness or capacity to betray others.

Plus, a person’s ambitions can be good or bad for the people around them. . .

“Other people exist for my sake. I want to be emperor and make all the trash of this world now to me. Life and death shall be in my hands and everyone will follow my whims.”

Is just as much an ambition as Ars’ ambition to create a place where children smile, people live with hope, and nobody lives on the streets or goes hungry.

— — —

Caveat:
This is an isekai.

The author may or may not throw any and every rule and explanation we’ve been given out the window; and they may or may not do so with a good explanation, world building, or character development. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
This series is obviously based on Nobunaga no Yabou. The higher the ambition, the harder it is to control and the more prone for betrayal. Sure it doesn’t mean that they WILL betray, but the MC has planted the flag.

Users who are viewing this thread