Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
@xininja: It might be that the maximum HUMAN can reach is limited to 5.

As for why, some possible reasons include:
-Level 6+ stuffs are so powerful the user might die when using it (aka Corrosion Attack from Kumo)
-Level 6+ stuffs are domain of caretakers of the world, such as spirits.

He says he was reincarnated, but he just took over the body of a dead child.

I hate Isekai that do that and just gloss over the fact, but this MC in particular is so happy he took over a child's life and is squeezing into a family of strangers that it seems psychopathic.

But it's just par the course for Isekai trash. *followed*

Dex-chan lover
@Cableman The gods were thinking about letting him keep his memories from birth but said it would be too confusing so they returned the memories when he was 3 years old. Guessing from the fact that they said birth I don't think the MC took over the body of a dead child, unless it was still developing and died in the process, which is very unlikely. And even if that was the case, its almost exactly the same case as with abortion, which many people are in favor of.
But overall I think that the baby that was conceived was the MC from the start.

Supporter
@GurenNoOu, while that was how they tried to explain it with, if we disregard vague concept of "soul" and go by memory formed persona, this was definitely a case of a body snatcher. (He didn't get to keep his authentic formative memories from the first three years.)

Another dangerous point this mangaka takes, is following the determenistic world view by trashing the concept of free will. ("Stuff was supposed to happen" negates it.) Although, fitting for a manga, where everything happens according to the will of the mangaka I guess.

I can never be bored with Isekai clichés. I hope there will be a female MC to be paired with the MC.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat Or, there just might not be any known cases of people exceeding level 5 so they say it's 1 to 5.
@Zael They never said anything about free will, besides in most cases free will is what changes something from one thing to another. So if he had made the decision of his own FREE WILL not to do anything, no one would've been hurt, it's not like they said there is no way that ever could of happened because there is no free will. It's the "free will can change destiny" cliche nothing more than that.

This could go either way with this start, so far it's interesting but it's going to need a strong story to keep his OP-ness from making it generic.

Aggregator gang
zzzZZZ...
Die and wake up in other kid's body and is somehow able to incorporate himself into the family without raising suspicions (Aka: Ripping off half of all tensei manga ever.)

zzzZZZ...
Gods are spending all of their free time watching over this dork when I bet every ten seconds, someone on Earth is having a more tragic and undeserved death. (Aka: ripping off the slime tamer manga.)

zzzZZZ...
Oh whoops, everything would have worked out if you did nothing so you died like a loser. (Aka: Ripping off Yu Yu Hakusho and Konosuba.)

This story genuinely has no idea in it that isn't derivative tripe. Also, I shouldn't have to mention that monsters, magic, and video game interfaces are all lazy writing at their worst.

Double-page supporter
Faraway Paladin did the same in a better way, but this one is totally cliche

Contributor
@WhimsiCat Kumo Spoiler:
But the thing is that the corrosion attack that Kumo uses isn't actually meant to effective. It's use is to destroy the scythes of the spider effectivelyculling the population and preventing them from getting overpowered. The only reason why Kumoko/Shiraori managed to pass that is because of the reincarnator ability to heal on level up and her conscious descision to not use that attack. Since most monster mobs just use skills Willy nilly.

Fed-Kun's army
@monkey123
Which manga did you mean? It reminds me of some manga I read, that feels vaguely familiar to your description, but I can't put my finger on it.

Dex-chan lover
@Kisato: Either that's an LN thing or that's wrong
The reason she survived when she first used it is because she already had Corrosion Resistance from Gross Eater (the drunk Shiro even talked about how useful corrosion resist is to the infant later on)

If not for then she would've suffered the same fate as her victim when she first used it.
She chose to stop using it because of 2 factors
1. the self-damage mentioned.
2. THERE'S NO CORPSE LEFT = no food

Her having the self-heal just means the damage from her first time using it get fixed later, it does not affect the instant the attack connected.

Contributor
@WhimsiCat
Must have been my ailing memory, but I remember the administrators telling kumo that most of the species kills itself, which was the point of what I was saying.

Users who are viewing this thread