Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Damn his XP increase is much higher than the guy with 400x. At least the other guy got a waifu and the 5y old dude not (yet).

Dex-chan lover
There's the, "Even I can tell it's a little too much" trope.
What always upsets me with these overpowered children characters is that there's no room for growth. He's like Superman, perfect in every way. But it's that same perfection that makes him so bland. And this kid is only five!
I doubt he'll have the underlying, overwhelming alienation Saitama feels. Or even the worries of destroying everything he loves that Superman has, for that matter.
He's just gonna go around, being god, with no cares in the world.

But, I suppose that is the point.

Wouldn't be surprised if the parents already have something setup for him to have a fiance already.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion

I feel like One Punch Man has really lost some of the magic that made it amazing. And these OP MC isekai writers really ought to read Superman and see the ways in which he is still humanized -- like the fact that although he's basically invulnerable, there are still ways to hurt him, to anger him, things he's helpless against, etc. Even a "Superman" can't cure world poverty, for example. And he always feels like he's never done enough, he feels guilty every time he takes time off, etc. There's always more people to save.

Double-page supporter
@monkey123:
The guy with 400x exp (actually 20x exp + 1/20 exp needed for level up) from Growth Cheat actually has a better exp bonus with 400x vs. 100x.
Furthermore his 20x exp bonus also works for party members as exp are determined by the finishing blow and then distributed among the party members in that world.

Warning! Following here will be a heavy spoiler on Growth Cheat from reading the novel.
But even more than that his "profession" Jobless surpasses the system as it was meant to be by the goddesses governing that world. E.g. Jobless is not limited to max level 100 while all other jobs max level out at the latest at level 100. Another example is how he can access a special dimension of white nothingness that turns out to be similiar to the goddesses' divine realm where he can then pretty much create a world of his own using mana to create things. Well, that special dimension seems to be created by an unknown being that is on the same level as the goddesses but has stayed hidden ever since the creation of that fantasy world. So that being's identity and agenda are still unknown.
But anyway it means that the MC seems to have the potential of rivaling or even surpassing the goddesses of that world with his profession Jobless.
That means his potential is far above the MC in this story.

Group Leader
@monkey123 His XP only increases at 100x... It's just that each level gives him 100x the stat/spec increase. So his level only goes up 100x faster.

Growth Cheat's 400x actually had the levels go up 400x faster, because it was 20x XP bonus and 1/20th cost for each level.

Group Leader
@talh
No, Jobless still has the level cap... It's the potion from his sister that lets him bypass level restrictions. Speaking of, when are they gonna get around to rescuing her...

In any event, even if Growth Cheat's 400x bonus means faster level increase than in this story, this story's MC experiences stat/spec gains that are 10,000x normal speed, which is still 25x faster than Growth Cheat's character.

Remember me of the days of playing Private RO servers. And it's getting boring as fast as that too.

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason
I get where you're your coming from.
But the thing with isekai protagonists, or manga protagonists as a whole, isn't really themselves, it's the readers.

Put too much real world drama, such as those you described for Supes, into your isekai and you're not going to be around for long. We didn't come here to feel, we came here for waifus (Don't act like you didn't).

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion Problem is most of the isekai waifus are almost interchangeable . I kinda want some fun ones like the fairy queen from Toaru Ossan VRMMO

Aggregator gang
well, if my experience playing rpg games serves me right this growth cheat wil decrease its effects the more he levels up, i mean the bigger the level the more xp he needs and the gowth cheat will woork less and less as time passes, of course because of it he will have levels unimaginable for an x years old person, or human if there is a limit for the human race´s average level. of course he thinks he is too OP right now but as long as there are even more dangerous monsters in that world then his OPness will become less effective...

He is really OP, much more than a lot of isekai character. I'm curious how the story will turn, since the author seems totally conscious of it.

Contributor
On the whole OP character thing, the way they've set him up leaves him no room to have conflict. Classic Gary Stu. That one slime isekai has him not interacting with anyone in a long ass while and as a result, he develops a bit of a speech disorder. Nothing major, but it fits the tone of the story. He's not ridiculously overpowered either. Definitely is op, but just enough to make the story engaging without hampering the main plot is that he's going to live a happier life than his last one. Or even Mushoku Tensei, Rudy isn't op. He just had a headstart and has his strengths and weaknesses.

Underdog stories like Kumoko also do well since they start super weak, and then have a lot of room to grow. Though, Kumoko is probably a bad example.
since she becomes a god even before the series is like even half over.

Dex-chan lover
at this point every other author is just trying to one up each other with the OP chars.

Users who are viewing this thread