Tensei ni Hakobijin no Isekai Kouryakuhou - Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
not exactly this but Hazure Skill "Kage ga Usui" o Motsu Guild Shokuin ga, Jitsuha Densetsu no Ansatsusha is almost exactly like that with the exception that he wanted not to be rewarded by the king
Unfortunately the writing was just way too heavy on cliches and tropes for me to stomach, even for a self-insert power fantasy. Thanks for the suggestion though. Katainaka Ossan is probably the closest thing, but its more like a prequel I guess

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm a bit confused.
In the beginning (chapter 10. page 18) it was mentioned, that the ranks are iron, bronze, silver, gold.
They stated that they would take the bronze rank exam (end of chapter 10 and chapter 11 page 8).
After registering they were wooden rank (chapter 11, page 13), so a new rank.
In this chapter (page 23) the audience talks about them advancing to copper rank, another new rank.

Which ranks do truly exist?
Good catch! I fixed it.

Short answer:
TL shenanigans (as already mentioned)

Long answer:
So in the final page the rank is mentioned twice:

Japanese: ト弱い職業が級冒険者に挑戦するつもりかよ
Romaji: To yowai shokugyō ga kyū bōkensha ni chōsen suru tsumori ka yo

Japanese: ...荷運び人が級冒険者に挑戦するなんて驚きましたか
Romaji: ...Ni hakobi nin ga kyū bōkensha ni chōsen suru nante odorokimashita ka

Literally, 銅 (dō) translates to copper, and 青銅 (seidō) is bronze. As you can see, the Japanese text uses 銅, not 青銅, which is why I opted to use copper by default. While I localized the sentence, I neglected to consider the contextual difference between copper and bronze.

I'm still new to this while learning Japanese and scanlating everything by myself with no proofreaders. Localization is difficult.

Dex-chan lover
Damm, the examiner is like the Level 99 Matt on Wii Sports

Real recognizes real though, he knows our guy is strong asf

Dex-chan lover
The examiner..

That hair, that swordmanship, and he cut magic using sword...

He is definitely the Heroes theacher from other manga...

But he is getting fat here..

Supporter
That wasn't a pat on the shoulder on page 21. This was the proctor showing that in a real fight, she would have lost her head then and there.

Dex-chan lover
I read all translated chapters in an afternoon, this manga is quite fun.
I guess i just like stories that have a MC that is a bit of a scumbag like this one.
Having an Ojou-sama a loli and a short stack in the party all with different personalities definitely helps aswell

Users who are viewing this thread