Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Demonic Wolf Summoning

@Qelix I'm glad that not everyone who reads manga are halfwits. So far only two people got what I was trying to say and yours was the most well put. It truly made my day, thanks. My advice to you is..you will probably get people who will respond to you because they can't comprehend what we could. I'd suggest you ignore them unless you can deal with it-because shortly after my most recent comment I still got more coming towards me and I'm so friggin done having to explain the same damn thing in different ways. I don't know how dumber they want it to be lol Take care.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus - Fran is a perfect teammate for our sword.
She can do the sword-swinging and maneuvering, while sword concentrates on throwing around spells. A sword can't do swordplay on his own, he can only throw himself around with telekinesis. Telekinesis costs mana, you know, while slaying lesser monsters by just sitting in Fran's hands is free.
She is cute and recognized as human, allowing the team to benefit from human society. As a side benefit, she also takes enemies' attention away from the sword, which was a trump card in a fight with the demon.
She is a kid enough to be easily manipulated by the MC, and aggressive enough to get into a lot of fights. One doesn't find such a combination everyday.

A minor spoiler from the WN (equivalent to next manga chapter):
She also grew quite a lot during their time together, and is about as strong as her rank indicates. And she does have a backup weapon.

Aggregator gang
@flannel yeah no. Sword dude was completely independent for the entire time he was in this world. The only reason he's with Fran is one-sided pity. Fran is literally just a walking sheath for the sword so he can walk around town. Congrats. Your character is a two-legged humanoid here's a Nobel prize for you.

For all the shit that Bleach gets, that anime/manga was way better at creating a cooperative relation between the Shinigami and their Zanpakuto. Neither is anything without the other because they enable each other. They help, protect, and care for each other because That's the only way they can survive.

Fran is about 1% as interesting as the average Shinigami in Bleach and Bleach is a pretty god-awful story. So that says a lot.

Dex-chan lover
@kanaloa to be honest your first comment sounded like you want to see fran winning the boss without sword's help, though you do dismiss that on your third reply.

and the reason i commented because to me fran could only dodge while occasionally searching something that could substitute sword or dagger functionality, and to me its still a one-sided battle, and the reason i have that expectation because its a boss fight most people will want to fight with the style they're familiar with especially if the world (at least) as unforgiving as dark souls, except fran really a little psycho like @Qelix said (it would be something else to see). that's why i asked what's your expectation.

and i actually liked @Qelix response, its more than "i want to see survival fighting scene", even though it could be summarize into that.

after reading @flannan spoiler, seeing fran could survive there are possible, and i don't mind seeing it.

soo yeah you're too vague @kanaloa, that's whats sparks the argument. if there's next time probably try to explain it like @Qelix or at least less vague.

i don't know but i think calling those who disagree halfwits won't help ending the arguments or will make them understand, if anything it might turn the argument into name calling or degrading each other ones.

Dex-chan lover
A part of me expects Fran to "get angry" and then "wake up the warrior inside of her" as if we're watching a cheesy DBZ spinoff,
But another parts of me expects Fran to either just survive, or get wrecked.

I think the best route would be to show how miserable and pathetically weak she is when she cannot exploit and rely on a miraculous magic sword, but also show that wielding such a thing still affected her personally. If she wants to evolve to the next stage of a black-cat, she has to get in a dire state somewhere along the line.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist , Fran is already as angry and warrior-like as it gets. She is a totally adorable ball of feline fury. Remember the time she stood on a mountain of goblin corpses? Master thought it would be better to retreat, but Fran pushed on, in spite of wounds (which were quickly healed) and fatigue (which weren't).

@Aretheus , sure, Master was an independent flying sword. That's not the way to pinnacle of sword-dom. "Sword of the legendary heroine who saved the world" is more like it.
On a out-of-character note, if you don't want to read about cute battle catgirls being cared for, you're probably reading the wrong novel. Fran's social interactions are mostly either her being cared for, fights in the process of starting, or torture (she and sword inflict on bad guys). She doesn't have enough opportunity to interact with her peers.

@kanaloa
"you will probably get people who will respond to you because they can't comprehend what we could"
Mate, that's because you're wording it horribly. People can't properly comprehend what you mean because you can't convey it properly. You're saying she needs to learn to fight and survive right now or the manga will be shit, when there's no way she can defeat this monster without the sword. There's no room for independence here, she's in a situation where she 100% cannot save herself and needs to rely on a savior.

The most that can come out of this is her realizing how powerless she is without the sword(at least, realizing she's not a walking god but instead an average adventurer) and working towards changing that helplessness later. Right now, there is nothing she can do.
There's not even any room to 'hold off' the monsters. She is disarmed, poisoned, surrounded, outnumbered, and outmatched.

Most of the problems people are having could be solved if you read the original story, slight spoiler: Fran has a 'never say die' attitude that never has her be a damsel in distress. Sure she might not be able to win on her own 'yet' but she'll fight to the bitter end. https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-was-a-sword-when-i-reincarnated/

Dex-chan lover
You know, some people complain about the weak (wielder) MC-chan but, if sword-kun had ended up in the hands of someone like Amanda who is pretty much OP on her own (for example) chances of defeating her would have been 0% right off the bat.

Besides, adding a dog to any manga justifies pretty much any lame-a$$ pull an author might show. He is such a good boy.

TTX

why is Amanda A Rank and the Greater Demon B Rank?

Greater Demon Status was higher, Skills equally or higher and Extra Skill OP

Fed-Kun's army
@TTX theres different definition between adventurer rank n monster rank, reread the beginning chapter if this comic

If that wolf isn't sapient, he should kill it and steal all of its skills. At the very least, he should still that shadow manipulation skills.

Dex-chan lover
@TTX Because Amanda is better in a fight, and wins over Fran and Master?
She probably has "evolved" skills that are just plain better even if the numbers aren't as scary.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
Please do us all a favour and drop this manga as hard as you obviously were on your head as a baby.

Aggregator gang
@Amplify How witty of you. Too fucking bad I was right about everything. Fran did show off her independent desire for survival. She did hold the fort before the sword was able to arrive. If you want to read a story about a mindless parasite with a vagina, then maybe it's you who should actually drop this story and go back to Nonbiri Nouka or whatever dogshit isekai you're into.

Users who are viewing this thread