Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Demonic Wolf Summoning

Fed-Kun's army
I’m sure I’m just a product of bad taste, but wolf just reminded me of Ranga with the whole shadow meld thing

Fed-Kun's army
@TheStuffedUnicorn For someone who was trying to be condescending towards me about my experience in storytelling you surely have no imagination for how the scenario would play out. You also have a hard time comprehending what you've been reading. Fran learned plenty of skills on her own that she can use. She can cast magic too. I don't expect a boss kill but I do want to see survival mode until the sword comes to help her. If she didn't break a sweat and the boss is killed..that's just shallow writing. It's too convenient and easy. Thats not the making of an adventure story but it's a good story for the unsophisticated since they don't really have a standard or preference-anything goes for you lot.

Dex-chan lover
You need to read properly. They straight up said Fran doesn't have access to magic and her stats are rock bottom.
Which should be obvious if you'd followed the story properly because most of her abilities come from sword dad sharing.

She is horribly outclassed right now.

Dex-chan lover
@kanaloa you're forgetting she's a sword mage, not a can-do-everything type class, that's what super duper sword do, to use her skill she needs a sword (or dagger apparently, seeing that she's lamenting she doesn't have dagger), also all her spells are still from super duper sword, and its not like she's cowering in fear waiting for help, page 4 clearly told reader she's thinking what can be done at the present before she's steamrolled by traps, its not she can't do anything, she's not given enough time to do anything, and remember that room filled with the mob spiders too, not just the trickster spider, not to mention all the traps the trickster spider could freely control/trigger

and since you said you want to see her go "independent", what kind of scenario you expect anyway? if you don't have a clear expectation you'll bound to whine again because its not meet your "expectation", remember she doesn't have unarmed skill

Fed-Kun's army
@kanaloa Do this manga and your 600IQ a favor and stop with this chapter.

@tunglam264 He wants her to punch spiders so she can deserve to be saved? She pretty much is a helpless girl, if you follow the first two pages of this chapter.

Aggregator gang
It is shocking just how brainwashed people have become about isekai stories. Characters being placed into perilous trials and overcoming all odds to scrape by on the slimmest margin through shear grit and determination are apparently bad according to these scholars in the comments.

But obviously, big magic sword with infinity billion power level make bad guys go boom boom is some award-winning stuff huh? That's what you people are really hoping for?

Relationships should be give and take. That's why this story is so painful to read. Fran offers nothing to sword dude while he makes her a god-like entity. The sword doesn't even need help moving, wtf is this? I've also been teetering towards dropping this series as well due to how horrible Fran is as a character.

Dex-chan lover
I shouldn't interlope, but I kinda get what @kanaloa might be after. Seeing how a badass female protagonist is turned into a damsel in distress, is something horrible to watch. The high expectations we might had of her are being subverted (sorry for phrasing it this way) and that in a bad way. It happened in other mangas and therefore there is a potential fear, it might happen here, too.
Well, we know, that Fran is that strong, because she is the wielder of her master. (Wow, that sounds strange.) And when they are separated, many of her skills are gone.
But we also know, she herself also grew as a side effect of her and her master's joint growth. She gained levels, her stats rose, and even if her stats are rock bottom, because the whole buffs are gone, they should still be quite decent. I also believe I read some chapters ago, that she has skills on her own. Even if she might not be the strongest adventurer around right now, she has been in desperate situations before and she has a good brain.
So what kanaloa wants to see, and I wouldn't mind too, is Fran not just one-sidedly losing or only being found in a damsel situation, but holding the spiders at bay. And if that's not possible and she gets captured in the end, than that we at least see, she didn't went down without a good fight. It might not be ultra realistic, but after the author build up her character, he might as well give her a good fighting scene, in which she at least lands some punches. And yeah, she is going to punch those spiders, because that's the little psycho she is.

Users who are viewing this thread