Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - Demonic Wolf Summoning

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
How the fuck can you think you're "right" when you didn't try to make a point in the first place? You were making a general statement whinging that you were going to drop the novel if a 12 year old girl with level 1 sword technique and no weapon didn't try to fight back against the spider hordes. People who whine about threatening to drop a series are the literal worst. Either read quietly or get lost quietly, don't whine about it.

I've already read every translated chapter of the WN before I came to the manga, I know what happens, but cancer posters like you are better off going back to shit like Arifureta where you belong.

Aggregator gang
@Amplify "Accept all shit writing no matter what and never even consider how a story could possibly be improved even though we all know that these writers are just laymen writing fanfiction and should not be expected to know what the fuck they're doing."

Got it. Just be complacent. Got it. Never have expectations. Got it. Just turn your brain off looool. Got it. Just turn every single comment section into a massive echo chamber where only positive reinforcement is present and anyone with critique is burned at the stake. Also, news flash dumbo! I never told her to fight well. I said that she needs to present a struggle. Have a will to live. And what do you know, she does fight the spiders and fails miserably. That's to be expected. But she tried. Without any instruction, she made an attempt to sustain her own existence. That's behavior appropriate for a human being. And I was happy with it. I hate this culture where knowing what you want from media is looked down upon by people that just bend over to creators no matter how crap.

And I have no clue where Arifureta came from. I literally can't stand Arifureta, and I'm pretty sure it was one of the first manga I ever consciously dropped. I brought up Nonbiri Nouka because the women there have literally no personality, desires, nor wills of their own and could just as easily be sex bots. So my point was that if you like female characters like that, you'd like that mange. Meanwhile, I don't get what Arifureta has to do with anything.

Aggregator gang
@Amplify
Either read quietly or get lost

You wanna tell me what you meant by that then? Cuz it sure fucking sounds like you're encouraging echo chamber behavior here. You literally don't even know what you want and that's the real cancer for anybody consuming media. You can't even tell me whether you want Fran to fight the spiders or not because you'll literally just take whatever the author says as gospel. How dare I go against the will of the artist?! It's not like he's just another flawed human being that can make mistakes.

And I find it very funny that you say I don't have a logical argument when you can't even admit that you brought up Arifureta as some sort of random insult towards me with no substance at all after I specifically told you the substance behind why I brought up Nonbiri Nouka. You can't pussy-foot around everything I say and write it off and then try and act all high and mighty after. You just look like a cock.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
I already explained what I mean, not my fault you're not bright enough to understand it.

If you don't like something, fine.
If you want to make a structured, logical and reasoned argument about something that's happening, go for it.
If you want to whine and throw a childish hissyfit, threatening to drop the novel unless X happens soon, don't even bother. You want a medal? A pat on the back? People to jump out and try to persuade you to change your mind because 'it gets better' or whatever? No, fuck off because this manga and the world at large are better off without you. The only manga people like you deserve is Arifureta, like I said.

e26.jpg

Aggregator gang
@Amplify That makes jack fuck of any sense. If you're the kind of person who's so uncritical that you'd never even consider demanding that the media you consume live up to some standard of quality, then Arifureta sounds like it would be absolutely better for you. You couldn't give less of a shit about narrative pacing and compelling drama, I can't even get a read on what you actually want in a story besides its baseline existence and that seems to be exactly what you want for everybody. Don't you dare air out your grievances on a public forum or the thought police will come for you and make you read Kenja no Mago all day.

And why is saying that I'll drop a manga crossing the line? I was already a bit wobbly with Fran as a character, and if she was seriously going to roll over and die unless her goshujin-sama came to rescue her, then I would know that this story was never going to become what I'm looking for. You act like there's no substance to that statement. Yet, inane comments that literally say nothing are somehow more worthwhile. Really, what do you even want a public forum to be, anyway? "Yaaaay I can't wait to see what happens next." "Boo that guy sux I can't wait for Fran to cut his legs off."

Have I seen people harshly judging manga that I like? Yes. Do I try to cut them off and tell them that they shouldn't dare to have devious thoughts like "You're not allowed to express negativity in these comments"? Fuck no. I engage them and fight them tooth and nail to defend the things I like and why I like them. If you came at me trying to tell me I'm wrong for liking something, I'd be okay with that. But you're legit going down another meta-layer and telling me that the way that I don't like things is wrong, and to that, I say fuck you in your cockhole with a scalding teapot.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
I don't even know why I bothered trying to use logic and reason on you, it's not like you can understand them. Or you do understand them and choose to lie your head off, I'm not sure which is worse frankly.

That makes jack fuck of any sense. If you're the kind of person who's so uncritical that you'd never even consider demanding that the media you consume live up to some standard of quality, then Arifureta sounds like it would be absolutely better for you. You couldn't give less of a shit about narrative pacing and compelling drama, I can't even get a read on what you actually want in a story besides its baseline existence and that seems to be exactly what you want for everybody.
Straight bullshit.

And why is saying that I'll drop a manga crossing the line?
I've already explained repeatedly: Because of the way you do it; namely whining, lies and bullshit.

I was already a bit wobbly with Fran as a character, and if she was seriously going to roll over and die unless her goshujin-sama came to rescue her, then I would know that this story was never going to become what I'm looking for.
Still can't understand that's not what I was talking about.

You act like there's no substance to that statement. Yet, inane comments that literally say nothing are somehow more worthwhile. Really, what do you even want a public forum to be, anyway? "Yaaaay I can't wait to see what happens next." "Boo that guy sux I can't wait for Fran to cut his legs off."
Back to bullshit and lies.

Have I seen people harshly judging manga that I like? Yes. Do I try to cut them off and tell them that they shouldn't dare to have devious thoughts like "You're not allowed to express negativity in these comments"? Fuck no. I engage them and fight them tooth and nail to defend the things I like and why I like them.
If somebody is having an adult conversation, I'll calmly refute their points one by one. If somebody acting like a child, I will treat them like a child.

If you came at me trying to tell me I'm wrong for liking something, I'd be okay with that. But you're legit going down another meta-layer and telling me that the way that I don't like things is wrong, and to that, I say fuck you in your cockhole with a scalding teapot.
More bullshit.

0/10, see me after class.

Aggregator gang
@Amplify Kiss my ass shithead. You haven't made one god damn point this entire time. You can't confront anything and just sweep them aside when it's convenient for you.

I'm not getting anything from talking with you. And I'll drop whatever fucking series I like. And I'll make that known in any public forums I like. You can't make a single justification for why I shouldn't and I've made plenty for why I should. So you can suck it.

Dex-chan lover
@Aretheus
You haven't made one god damn point this entire time.
I have been trying to force my point down your throat since the start, you're simply not bright enough to understand it.

I'm not getting anything from talking with you. And I'll drop whatever fucking series I like. And I'll make that known in any public forums I like.
And in return I and anyone else who wants to, will laugh and poke fun at your dumb ass whenever we like. And we will make that known in any public forums we like.

You can't make a single justification for why I shouldn't
1: Nobody cares, as I've been saying.
2: It makes you look like a fool, as I've been saying.

I've made plenty for why I should.
Because you're a narcissistic simpleton who thinks he and what he's going to do matters more than it really does, is the only one I can figure out. Do you have a neon billboard outside of your house to let people know when you're taking a shit, too?

Double-page supporter
Well shit, I just got to this part of the manga having the same thoughts as some people here, mainly how Fran (I had to go back and check her name, I had actually forgotten) is just there to hold the OP sword of ultra magic of doom 4 billion, and how I expect some growth after that. This chapter surprised me, they actually separated her from the sword, she has to show she can become more than a pair of hands, this is great! Because she has to become an actual character at some point, right? But oh boy are people judgemental when you tell them you expect a bit more in the narrative department.
Apparently, criticizing something people like is a terrible idea, this guy above seems very guilty of that, yikes.

Anyway, let's hope the author realizes Fran has to become someone without the crazy sword at some point.

How are people thinking she can't do anything alone? She fought Amanda herself with only the passive buffs from being equipped with the sword. The same is true of the giant pile of goblins she made as well as those idiots in the guild hall.

Dex-chan lover
All this talk about this and that, and I've not seen one person comment on just how he's able to summon a wolf. having been rushing through this manga all day, I want to bring up the fact the first thing he saw when he woke up was a spectral spirit that looks sorta wolf-like, and it was mentioned later that the monster wolf Fenrir died in the very same spot he woke up. Hmmmm....

Dex-chan lover
A fenrir sword summoned a evolved wolf umbreon.

@Doctor_Malsyn

It's not the Fenrir, it's an Onyx Wolf and there's other wolf types on his summoning selection (which he openly detailed). Most likely, the Fenrir was turned into a sword, with the emblem face of the Fenrir on the sword's base which acts as his eyes (tho I believe he can see all around him) The wolf may either be from the gems he consumed or a naturally given selection types from the familiar summoning skill granted by the gods.

@Fenrigus

Yes, she's strong and good enough to be independent and can beat up most adventurers and monsters.. but for this situation, she's overwhelmed by poison debuff enemies with no ability to use the skills that are shared by the sword (owner of most of the skills, even the elemental magics and healing magics she's been using up to this point) so as for now, she of course will be strong enough to endure and fight back albeit with fatigue tho she doesn't have the extra premium ability subscriptions to completely defeat the Trickster Spider unarmed.

Still have high hopes for her since she did prove her ability to stand against an A-Rank Adventurer with just her own abilities alone and I don't think the monsters are on par with a B-Rank Demon.

Banned
Was hoping for Sif-mode, but that pupper is kinda bigger than the sword...

I know I said Fran was channelling Guts before, but let's not start channelling Artorias the Guts-expy, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread